If Ireland is fired at season end who would be a good and available replacement? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ireland is fired at season end who would be a good and available replacement?

Pelorus Jack

Active Roster
Reaction score
Was interested to see what peoples opinions were on who would be a good choice for GM and why they think they he would do a good job.

I've seen the following names mentioned...

Russ Ball - Packers

Nick Caserio - Patriots

Tony Dungy (not likely though)

Eric DeCosta - Ravens

Jim Popp (Montreal)

Any others?

it might be Carl Peterson( scary )

but dont we have Brain Gaine who is highly regarded he almost got a gm job last year with the Jets and other teams. I would assume it would be him to keep the continuity and he would still probably be behind Philbin.

It will be Ireland. He was extended through next year. Ross knows his plan, we are on the cusp of playoffs, and have a healthy cap.

Absolutely no to Tony Dungy...what the heck are you people thinking? Where has Tony worked that he makes you think he would be a good GM and one that would fit our WCO and 4-3 scheme? He has always been a vertical passing/Tampa 2 defense guy. Square peg round hole and no experience.

I would like to see Nick Caserios brought in. If not him the Brian Gaines. Reasoning? Caserios comes from a franchise who knows how to run a show and would be used to letting football guys do football stuff while he just does GM stuff. Gaines next because he's highly thought of among the league (unlike his boss). I don't think either one would be the type to make big changes that set back the progress that has been made but would insist on continuing improvement or heads roll.

Is Gaine a disciple of the Parcells/Ireland church? Did he come with Ireland? I'm curious why people would want the same type of GM, if he is.

Guys if we get a new GM, we would eventually get a new coach, new everything. I'm so tired of reshuffling. But I'm also tired of losing.

Polian? Dude sounds smart, but then again, I dont ususally listen to GM's, lol

Is Gaine a disciple of the Parcells/Ireland church? Did he come with Ireland? I'm curious why people would want the same type of GM, if he is.

Guys if we get a new GM, we would eventually get a new coach, new everything. I'm so tired of reshuffling. But I'm also tired of losing.

Polian? Dude sounds smart, but then again, I dont ususally listen to GM's, lol

Gaine was on the practice squad when Parcells coached the Jets. He became a scout and eventually learned under the Jets Bradway regime. So he is a bit of a Parcells/Bradway/Tannenbaum guy.

It will be Ireland. He was extended through next year. Ross knows his plan, we are on the cusp of playoffs, and have a healthy cap.

Some people are happy with mediocrity. Fat, dumb and 9-7 are no way to get ahead in life.

Some people are happy with mediocrity. Fat, dumb and 9-7 are no way to get ahead in life.

Well you need to get used to Ireland for at least another year. You can be pissy at me for telling you the Easter bunny isn't real, but the facts are aligned that Ireland will go nowhere.

Question, why is this carl peterson dude so disliked? I've seen people say he would be a scary choice for the longest but have never seen or heard why? Not defending, I just don't know anything about him... thanks

Well you need to get used to Ireland for at least another year. You can be pissy at me for telling you the Easter bunny isn't real, but the facts are aligned that Ireland will go nowhere.

Sparano was extended, it didn't guarantee he got another year. Its just What Ross seems to prefer to do, so that he doesn't get a lame duck employee, especially one with decision making power.

My honest belief is irelands job is based on making playoffs, which I think is fair.

Back
Top Bottom