If Ireland is fired at season end who would be a good and available replacement? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ireland is fired at season end who would be a good and available replacement?

did you see what z962358 did there? he threw a 9-7 in there....,unseen before. lol

I give "credit" where it is due -- just like I'd say 4-12 if he had presided over a 4-12 season. I could have said 8-8 but I honestly believe we are better than the Jests and I am hopeful we will win Sunday.

Still, the fact of the matter is that 9-7 in my book is just as mediocre as 7-9. Still no where near the quality of teams we had during our Super Bowl years or the Marino era. And I challenge any of you Ireland fanboys to embarass yourselves trying to make that impossible argument.

I give "credit" where it is due -- just like I'd say 4-12 if he had presided over a 4-12 season. I could have said 8-8 but I honestly believe we are better than the Jests and I am hopeful we will win Sunday.

Still, the fact of the matter is that 9-7 in my book is just as mediocre as 7-9. Still no where near the quality of teams we had during our Super Bowl years or the Marino era. And I challenge any of you Ireland fanboys to embarass yourselves trying to make that impossible argument.

although I have no proof from sparano years, I believe in the progression of talent and depth of talent. a lot of you fireland people tend to not see how the progression will come about or talk about into the future. Your eyes are all on the past.

keep your eye on Jordan, will davis, tannehill, jamar taylor, sims, and even egnew start to become good support players beyond anything they did this year. then keep your eye on Wallace and Gibson and Matthews become dangerous in this offense where no teams DB's can cover anyone and how much on the same page they will become.

Bill Polish should be a serious candidate . He has a proven track record and a solid reputation throughout the league.

although I have no proof from sparano years, I believe in the progression of talent and depth of talent. a lot of you fireland people tend to not see how the progression will come about or talk about into the future. Your eyes are all on the past.

keep your eye on Jordan, will davis, tannehill, jamar taylor, sims, and even egnew start to become good support players beyond anything they did this year. then keep your eye on Wallace and Gibson and Matthews become dangerous in this offense where no teams DB's can cover anyone and how much on the same page they will become.

I'm going to give you credit here. The idea that Ireland has spent the last six years working on the depth of the team instead of trying to draft playmaking starters is something that I have never seen anyone attempt to argue on this board. So congratulations on making an argument that is new. Now, the argument is clearly flawed because it assumes that Ireland can simply turn on a switch and begin doing something he has never done before, that is, drafting playmakers. But it is an interesting new take on attempting to defend him. So, you get brownie points for novelty but still ultimately fail to address the issue that he has had six years to put together a dominant team and has failed miserably in doing so.

in a general sense, Ireland has done well with first rounders. He has scored big on the 5th/6th rounders and a couple 7ths in Matthews and Wilson.

fireland people have good arguments on 2nd's and 3rd rounders with D. Thomas and Jerry (who is a guy Sparano pounded the table for) the only standouts of a crappy mess....oh wait misi best 2nd rounder. got marshall for a second.

but im not trying to defend Ireland....just pointing out facts and saying players need to develop. most gm's miss on a lot of their picks. when they score, that's what people remember, cus your an outsider looking in.

and I believe Ireland was much better once parcells left. he worked with sparano those prior years. now with a wiser philbin. my opine will be 1 more year for them all unless we win division or go 11-5 next year. that's progress.

Omar Khan would be at the top of my list.

You got to remember, Ireland swapped out Dansby and Burnett for Ellerbe and Wheeler. He traded away Marshall and got Egnew. He swapped out Reggie for Miller and Martin for Long. He is the Wannstedt of GM's!

Scott Pioli!!!!

Absolutely not. Patriots had some of the worst drafts in the league when he was in New England...utterly and completely overrated. As if his time in Kansas City wasn't proof enough.

He put lots of talent in kc. It was bad coaching

Bill Polish should be a serious candidate . He has a proven track record and a solid reputation throughout the league.

Never heard of the guy. And if you mean Bill Polian I don't want him either and I've already laid that out twice in this site so you can search for the reasons why and his recent (last 5 - 7 years) track record with the Colts.

Pioli 5 superbowls and 6 pro bowlers with chiefs last year. Ya ill take that

He put lots of talent in kc. It was bad coaching

Who hired the coach? How many picks did he give New England for Matt Cassel? Who did he get to backup Cassel (Hint: Brady Quinn)? He went from 10-6 his first year to 2-14 in 3 seasons...that takes effort.

He's had as many busts as he's had pro bowl players plus he's a 3-4 defense guy. That's what he knows and that's not what we run. Eric Berry (5th overall pick) and Justin Houston (3rd round) were his best picks but Jonathan Baldwin (26th overall pick), Javier Arenas (2nd round), Tyson Jackson (3rd overall pick) were freakin awful.

Back
Top Bottom