If Ireland is fired at season end who would be a good and available replacement? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ireland is fired at season end who would be a good and available replacement?

Pioli 5 superbowls and 6 pro bowlers with chiefs last year. Ya ill take that

Who were the 6? Only K.C. players that made the pro bowl were Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson (who he almost traded).

Oh and he didn't draft either one of those guys.

Wolf is an interesting prospect. But when you read up on him, note a few things. He was the beneficiary of nepotism as his dad was Ron Wolf. So dad's contacts got him a job at a young age. That's not fatal necessarily. But he then worked the pro personnel side for a franchise that doesn't sign many pro free agents. Wolf switched to more draft responsibilities this year. The Pack drafted fairly well with Eddie Lacy and David Bakhtiari among others. But Wolf is only 31 or 32 years old. He may need more time working up on t draft side. We already had a novice in Jeff Ireland and saw the ugly process of learning on the job.

How about let Phibin pick his own players?
Then he gets what he wants and needs.
Let Ireland or whoever work out the contracts.
While I hate Parcells I must agree with the "If I am cooking dinner I should be buying the groceries"
Or whatever the hell it was.

Who were the 6? Only K.C. players that made the pro bowl were Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson (who he almost traded).

Oh and he didn't draft either one of those guys.

The best players on the Chiefs were not drafted by Scott Pioli.

Based on what?

Excellent character and football knowledge. Unproven as a GM, yes, but I'd give Dungy the chance.

Any GM can bring FA to Florida, as Texas is the only competing football state with no income tax. FA's literally save millions. I want a GM that players want to play for.

I'm having problems understanding the progression as it's being called. Oh, thats right, Irelands only had 5 months, not 5 years. His tenure/progression is a circle, work like a mad-hatter to fix one position, only to watch another position fall apart. It's like he's trying to fix the Titanic going full steam into an iceberg field. Fix one hole just to have another one sink the boat. Enough, time to get someone who can figure out he's headed in the wrong direction.

No thanks to Scott Pioli, can you imagine Tuna and Pioli discussing draft strategy over Easter brunch? Shoot me.

Excellent character and football knowledge. Unproven as a GM, yes, but I'd give Dungy the chance.

Any GM can bring FA to Florida, as Texas is the only competing football state with no income tax. FA's literally save millions. I want a GM that players want to play for.

I will not ask your reasoning behind his great knowledge. Because you can't prove it. He literally failed to get TB over the hump. And the Colts had to have a Manning to get him his ring. Never mind the massive failures he had in many other years, with that roster.

You are basing your whole opinion, not on a track record, but what you perceive as a upgrade. Dungy is a media creation, that Manning and Polian help prop up.

Also, I love the Ireland fanboys tag line being used here. I would rather be called a realist, as no one really defends Ireland, we just have a understanding of the situation.

I have stated my beliefs on Ireland so I won't go back into it.

As for those in this thread bashing the Marshall trade. Do you people not understand having that boob on the sideline with a young developing QB would have been a nitemare? His yelling at Henne wasn't enough, you people would actually advocate having that personality do that to a 19 game collegiate starter. He had to go, you can't have that type of person in your young QBs ear. Marshall wrote his own ticket out of town.

I will not ask your reasoning behind his great knowledge. Because you can't prove it. He literally failed to get TB over the hump. And the Colts had to have a Manning to get him his ring. Never mind the massive failures he had in many other years, with that roster.

You are basing your whole opinion, not on a track record, but what you perceive as a upgrade. Dungy is a media creation, that Manning and Polian help prop up.

I completely agree and it's why I wouldn't want Dungy at HC. It's simply my personal stank opinion that I think Dungy would make a great GM along side Philbin.

Also, I love the Ireland fanboys tag line being used here. I would rather be called a realist, as no one really defends Ireland, we just have a understanding of the situation.

I have stated my beliefs on Ireland so I won't go back into it.

As for those in this thread bashing the Marshall trade. Do you people not understand having that boob on the sideline with a young developing QB would have been a nitemare? His yelling at Henne wasn't enough, you people would actually advocate having that personality do that to a 19 game collegiate starter. He had to go, you can't have that type of person in your young QBs ear. Marshall wrote his own ticket out of town.

Henne was weak. Almost all WR's are in the QB's ear.

Henne was weak. Almost all WR's are in the QB's ear.

This is where you lose your argument. When you have a young developing QB, with limited collegiate starts, you don't have a WR in his ear when the ball doesn't come his way. Its just not a good personnel move. If people thought Incognito was bad, Marshall and a young QB would have been stupid. Marshall punched his own ticket out of here, once he started running his mouth about the QB. You may think that is fine, but most GMs don't. Its why CHI was the only suitor for Marshall, they had a QB in place who has a history with the man child.

Philbin wanted a break away from the Marshall type, and he got it. Wallace started showing the signs of Marshall's attitude early on, but has since bought into the team concept. Marshall has NO idea what team concept is. HE wants the ball, PERIOD.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

I completely agree and it's why I wouldn't want Dungy at HC. It's simply my personal stank opinion that I think Dungy would make a great GM along side Philbin.

With no history of being a personnel guy. Gotcha.:ponder:

Back
Top Bottom