If Ireland is fired at season end who would be a good and available replacement? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ireland is fired at season end who would be a good and available replacement?

Also, I love the Ireland fanboys tag line being used here. I would rather be called a realist, as no one really defends Ireland, we just have a understanding of the situation.

I have stated my beliefs on Ireland so I won't go back into it.

As for those in this thread bashing the Marshall trade. Do you people not understand having that boob on the sideline with a young developing QB would have been a nitemare? His yelling at Henne wasn't enough, you people would actually advocate having that personality do that to a 19 game collegiate starter. He had to go, you can't have that type of person in your young QBs ear. Marshall wrote his own ticket out of town.

It's not so much that he traded him, but that he then tried to replace him with Legedu Naanee.

Jamal Charles, Poe, berry. I call those pretty good players. Again 5 Super Bowls!!!!!!

Anyone who watches this team try to execute blocks and then thinks Jeff Ireland is the right man to fix the RB and OL this offseason must be smoking some strong stuff.

It's not so much that he traded him, but that he then tried to replace him with Legedu Naanee.

Thats moving the goal posts. That isn't what people say in their posts. They just blast the trade, as if Marshall was some model teammate, player and citizen while in MIA.

This is where you lose your argument. When you have a young developing QB, with limited collegiate starts, you don't have a WR in his ear when the ball doesn't come his way. Its just not a good personnel move. If people thought Incognito was bad, Marshall and a young QB would have been stupid. Marshall punched his own ticket out of here, once he started running his mouth about the QB. You may think that is fine, but most GMs don't. Its why CHI was the only suitor for Marshall, they had a QB in place who has a history with the man child.

Philbin wanted a break away from the Marshall type, and he got it. Wallace started showing the signs of Marshall's attitude early on, but has since bought into the team concept. Marshall has NO idea what team concept is. HE wants the ball, PERIOD.

All good, very good, great receivers should be gleaming with confidence and demand the ball. Dealt with appropriately, it's not a problem.

The best ones do.

This is where you lose your argument. When you have a young developing QB, with limited collegiate starts, you don't have a WR in his ear when the ball doesn't come his way. Its just not a good personnel move. If people thought Incognito was bad, Marshall and a young QB would have been stupid. Marshall punched his own ticket out of here, once he started running his mouth about the QB. You may think that is fine, but most GMs don't. Its why CHI was the only suitor for Marshall, they had a QB in place who has a history with the man child.

Philbin wanted a break away from the Marshall type, and he got it. Wallace started showing the signs of Marshall's attitude early on, but has since bought into the team concept. Marshall has NO idea what team concept is. HE wants the ball, PERIOD.

All good, very good, great receivers should be gleaming with confidence and demand the ball. Dealt with appropriately, it's not a problem.

The best ones do.

Having 70+% of your offense running through a WR, is not a receipe for success.

And nothing on Marshall's resume screams greatness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff Ireland will be our GM next year, absolutely, positively. no doubt about it. Any thread suggesting otherwise is pointless, and anyone thinking differently, and willing to make a wager, let me know.

Thats moving the goal posts. That isn't what people say in their posts. They just blast the trade, as if Marshall was some model teammate, player and citizen while in MIA.

Not me. My issue has always been unloading him with no contingency plan.

Also, I love the Ireland fanboys tag line being used here. I would rather be called a realist, as no one really defends Ireland, we just have a understanding of the situation.

I have stated my beliefs on Ireland so I won't go back into it.

As for those in this thread bashing the Marshall trade. Do you people not understand having that boob on the sideline with a young developing QB would have been a nitemare? His yelling at Henne wasn't enough, you people would actually advocate having that personality do that to a 19 game collegiate starter. He had to go, you can't have that type of person in your young QBs ear. Marshall wrote his own ticket out of town.

I didn't mind him trading Marshall away. He just should hve never traded for him to begin with. He gave away a pair of 2nd round pics for that head case and got a pair of 3's which as always he wasted away.

Ozzy rules!!

Was interested to see what peoples opinions were on who would be a good choice for GM and why they think they he would do a good job.

I've seen the following names mentioned...

Russ Ball - Packers

Nick Caserio - Patriots

Tony Dungy (not likely though)

Eric DeCosta - Ravens

Jim Popp (Montreal)

Any others?

Not going to happen. Save your energy

It may not happen as you say but it is still interesting to see who people think would make a good replacement.

Back to on topic, I still think King Carl is sitting there in the wings. He's a trusted adviser to Ross and has a LONG GM record. Every Phin fan should be wary of this dude.

It would be absolutely stupid to bring a GM that makes a major overhaul and brings new coaches. Tannehill is progressing and new playmakers arising, Ireland is staying another year if not then gaines take his reigns and Philbin and co stay. I don't think Ross is that stupid folks.

It would be absolutely stupid to bring a GM that makes a major overhaul and brings new coaches. Tannehill is progressing and new playmakers arising, Ireland is staying another year if not then gaines take his reigns and Philbin and co stay. I don't think Ross is that stupid folks.

If Ireland stays, Ross is that stupid.

If Ireland stays, Ross is that stupid.

Totally agree. Check out how our two new FA LB's ranked on profootballfocus.com --the worst in the league. Check out how the 2013 draft turned out and who actually played this year. Check out our o-line or our RB's this year. Check out where our offense is ranked again this year. If that doesn't convince you then well, stupid is as stupid does. Oh yeah Sherman sucks too.

Back
Top Bottom