If Ireland is fired at season end who would be a good and available replacement? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ireland is fired at season end who would be a good and available replacement?

Sparano was extended, it didn't guarantee he got another year. Its just What Ross seems to prefer to do, so that he doesn't get a lame duck employee, especially one with decision making power.

My honest belief is irelands job is based on making playoffs, which I think is fair.

As much as it may surprise people but a GM's job isn't solely tied to playoffs. He must also manage good cap structure, which Ireland has. He must put good players on the field for the coach to work with, and yes we have improved over last year. If the record is trending in the right direction with those two elements then the gm will usually stay playoffs or not. Throw in we are in only year two of a first time head coach and you have a really good arguement from a business, owners standpoint. I doubt Ross has such a hard lined approach to Ireland's job as playoffs. Successful people just don't think like that.

Well you need to get used to Ireland for at least another year. You can be pissy at me for telling you the Easter bunny isn't real, but the facts are aligned that Ireland will go nowhere.

Then the facts are aligned with continued mind-numbing mediocrity. I hope the Ireland fanboys are happy. This team will never see a Super Bowl with a Chicago Bears ball boy as the GM. The relocation of the team to Los Angeles will be a given.

Then the facts are aligned with continued mind-numbing mediocrity. I hope the Ireland fanboys are happy. This team will never see a Super Bowl with a Chicago Bears ball boy as the GM. The relocation of the team to Los Angeles will be a given.

Ok, we all see how butthurt you are.

Ok, we all see how butthurt you are.

Seeing how history, facts and reasoned argument have failed to persuade the Ireland fanboys I thought I would try an approach that they never understand: sarcasm. Once again, I hope you are happy with 7-9, 6-10, 9-7. As long as Ireland is our GM that is all we have to look forward to.

:lol: Never gonna happen.

Not sure why they would be called "fanboys". They just aren't taking into consideration, the teams from a different year, that has no affect on the current team and situation. All new coaches and players (for the most part), and new system. They are basically giving Ireland a clean slate, starting from last season. If miami were to win, they would have gone from 7-9 to 9-7, with or without the playoffs, that's a 2 game improvement. Give him a 3rd year, and see if they improve on that. If it doesn't happen, then we can talk about who to hire/fire. It's getting pretty damn tiring, looking at all these doom and gloom threads, when miami has a great shot at the playoffs.

"Ermahgerd...mediocrity lovers, Ireland fanboys, fans' fault, fire everyone!"

Did I capture the spirit of this original thread? :lol: :lol:

Seeing how history, facts and reasoned argument have failed to persuade the Ireland fanboys I thought I would try an approach that they never understand: sarcasm. Once again, I hope you are happy with 7-9, 6-10, 9-7. As long as Ireland is our GM that is all we have to look forward to.

You do understand that coaches are important to winning records right? A gm puts the kind of players onto the field that fit the coach.

You do understand that coaches are important to winning records right? A gm puts the kind of players onto the field that fit the coach.

And I do believe that I have posted elsewhere that I believe about half the assistant coaches need to be fired as well as the GM and a significant portion of the roster. I am demanding a higher degree of responsibility from the entire organization, a higher level of expectation. I want to see the Dolphins return to the values and the talent level that were in place during our two Super Bowl victories.

Well you need to get used to Ireland for at least another year. You can be pissy at me for telling you the Easter bunny isn't real, but the facts are aligned that Ireland will go nowhere.

im not so sure Ireland keeps his job should we lose sunday. just got a feeling like gaine is here, and someone has to pay.

we win though, diff story.

did you see what z962358 did there? he threw a 9-7 in there....,unseen before. lol

and truedolphan, totally agree with your assessment of "fanboys", but I actually look at Ireland from the first year Ireland on his own away from parsells, which was the year before philbin got there.

Back
Top Bottom