If Ireland is fired at season end who would be a good and available replacement? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Ireland is fired at season end who would be a good and available replacement?

If Ireland stays, Ross is that stupid.
No, if Ireland is fired and Philbin is allowed to stay, Ross is that stupid. We have the talent, but not the wins to back up that talent and that is on the coaching staff.

No, if Ireland is fired and Philbin is allowed to stay, Ross is that stupid. We have the talent, but not the wins to back up that talent and that is on the coaching staff.

I see our late round starters as lack of talent, not savy draft picks. FA's should be an easy pull for Miami (no state income tax) so it's difficult to give credit to Ireland in those areas seeing that the larger majority are not impressive signings. Ireland has had plenty of time to make his mark and has not. Philbin has not been given the proper time for a HC, IMO.

Absolutely not. Patriots had some of the worst drafts in the league when he was in New England...utterly and completely overrated. As if his time in Kansas City wasn't proof enough.

I completely agree, and after watching his tv gig, he came on as a "son in law" big time in my eyes. he is the same to me as that tv guy in Cleveland now. that guy bagged on Ireland and the fins and now look at him. terrible.

I don't know who the supposed new gm should be....but it should be one that philbin can rely on to work collaboratively with him and coaches. that's why I think Ireland stays.

If Ireland takes this upcoming offseason and fixes this Oline, this team will take over AFC East. and jtc111 can hold me accountable to that. If he does not do that, Ireland will be gone and I will have already agreed to it.

I see our late round starters as lack of talent, not savy draft picks. FA's should be an easy pull for Miami (no state income tax) so it's difficult to give credit to Ireland in those areas seeing that the larger majority are not impressive signings. Ireland has had plenty of time to make his mark and has not. Philbin has not been given the proper time for a HC, IMO.

so brian hartline sucks?
Nolan carroll sucks?
Charles clay sucks?
clemmons sucks?
reshad jones sucks?
how bout unrafteds? davon bess sucked?

next year is going to be real interesting....when Irelands picks from last year start to make their mark and his FA's start to gel moreso than this year.

by then, it may be very difficult to take the man down for good. that would just be a killer.

so brian hartline sucks?
Nolan carroll sucks?
Charles clay sucks?
clemmons sucks?
reshad jones sucks?

next year is going to be real interesting....when Irelands picks from last year start to make their mark and his FA's start to gel moreso than this year.

by then, it may be very difficult to take the man down for good. that would just be a killer.

Actually, yes. We've been bad for so long that the fans on this board see mediocre and think it is good.

Some fans on this board seem to think you need All-Pros at every position.
You find guys like Hartline, Carroll, Clay and Jones on every Super Bowl team. Look at the rosters of the last 3 championship teams, they're not elite from top to bottom. They have a few great players and a bunch of solid to even average players everywhere else. They just got hot at the end of the year and made a run.
Ireland makes mistakes, like anyone, and I wouldn't care if they fired him but solving the QB is half the battle(maybe more) and with a few key additions this team can make a run of their own.

so brian hartline sucks?
Nolan carroll sucks?
Charles clay sucks?
clemmons sucks?
reshad jones sucks?

This was a vastly gross misinterpretation of what I was posting in response to KTOWNFINFAN. Get a grip.

Well, it doesnt matter now. Its all gonna burn.

sooner or later.

This team is on fire but not in a good way. More like a a smoldering pile of old tires. Looks bad, smell bad and hard to put out.

Anyone think that the advisory committee put together by Ross will have any good advice for him? Will he take it and make the tough decisions?

Back to on topic, I still think King Carl is sitting there in the wings. He's a trusted adviser to Ross and has a LONG GM record. Every Phin fan should be wary of this dude.

but thats what people want they want CHANGE, so embrace whatever comes. Weather that be Peterson or whatever but i doubt they give him a year before they bring out the pitchforks lol

we also have ZERO on field leadership as failbin shipped them all away...cant be too boisterous on the field...bust have mechanical personality...

Back
Top Bottom