If Miami Is Bad Enough To Get The First Overall Pick In The 2020 Draft... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Miami Is Bad Enough To Get The First Overall Pick In The 2020 Draft...

Should Flores be kept if Miami has the worst record in the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 136 90.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
If Miami is bad enough to get the first overall pick in the 2020 draft, does this coaching staff deserve to stay?

Miami's roster is arguably the worst in the NFL. If Miami somehow gets 5 or more wins, it speaks volumes to what this coaching staff can accomplish. But an overachieving team can ruin draft position.

Even being devoid of a lot of talent, would you blame the coaching staff if Miami had the worst record in the NFL? And if they do, does it make sense to keep a coaching staff that led a team to the worst record?

Comment what you think Miami's record will be in 2019. I'm saying 5-11.

yes....I think we'll play hard,and see more smarter football being played...and i also think we'll lose several very close games.
Our record will be worse than what our actual team looks like....we just don't have enough talent....YET!!!!

Kind of depends on how bad we lose and play calling goes. Obviously we don't have the talent for a winning record but I just don't won't to see Gase bone head type play calling and decisions. Flores deserves a fair chance though at least two years.

If??? At this point it is more like when.

I say give him 5 years. We bought the horse now lets shut up and ride it and see where it gets us instead of turning him into glue half way through.

Grier on the other hand should have 1 foot out of the door.

The players & coaches that left weren't exactly titans of the NFL.

Sometimes subtraction can be a good thing.

I see them doing better this year than last, just based on the loss of RT and that lame, globe trotting excuse for a DC.

Absolutely unless some serious off the field drama or tension with ownership goes down. We’ve YEETed the overinflated contracts that have plagued us the last couple of seasons, and the consequence of that is an immediate loss of talent. Given how many draft picks the team has next year, I think it’ll be the first true year for Flores. Where we can see what a team that has more of “his guys” looks like. Just not fair to judge him after this year, this team will struggle 2019.

I said yes, but all depends on how they lose, if it's close, or at least the team shows it competitive, along with Flores not making head scratching decisions through the season, then yes he should come back.

Personally I don't think it will matter much, because Miami will not be picking at worst in the top 10.

If??? At this point it is more like when.

I say give him 5 years. We bought the horse now lets shut up and ride it and see where it gets us instead of turning him into glue half way through.

Grier on the other hand should have 1 foot out of the door.

Could you elaborate on Grier, I don't see anything that warrants him being on the chopping block. I personally believe we couldn't of asked for much better moves to be made, everything being considered wit the state of the team. I understand he has been a part of this team which he should hold some responsibility for this mess, but nobody knows definitively what culpability he should hold.

As a GM, I dont see how you fire a coach after giving him Charles Harris as his best pass rusher, Ryan Fitzpatrick or Josh Rosen as his QBs and Tunsil as his only relevant OL... I mean if thats you trying to put a winning team on the field, then you should fire yourself... But I suspect this season isnt about wins and losses, if thats the case then everyone gets a free pass... If they really believe they can win with that roster, let them burn this season and fire everyone before they can **** up next off-season...

Last edited:
100% Flores will be here in 2020. Ross knows the deal and how little we put into acquisitions this year. I still see us getting 4-6 wins and a top 5 pick.

I don't know that we have the worst roster in football but that remains to be seen. A lot will depend on QB play. We know what Fitz gets us but Rosen is almost a complete unknown. He could go either way. Regardless, if we get the 1st overall draft pick I will be jumping for joy in April of 2020!

Imagine all the talent we can add in the draft as well as FA with 100+ mil in cap space. First overall pick gets us our choice of Qb's whether that's Tua or Herbert AND a boat load of top talent in the rest of the rounds. with any luck the Saints will struggle this year (unlikely) and we will net two high second round picks. I love the top of the 2nd round. This is the kind of draft where you can walk away with 4 or 5 quality starters that can completely make-over a franchise.

And we still don't know what the 2019 acquisitions (Draft class & UDFA's) will bring.

It comes down to the coach and since we really know nothing about this coach I vote yes.

The fact that Flores was given a 5 year contract, when the other signed coaches got 4 years with a 5th year option, tells me that they are expecting a poor year, and understand that a rebuild takes time.

It sucks now, but if done right, will be worth it

He should get a raise, if he gets us the #1 pick...I mean, he's a Patriot, so Ross will probably just get him a tugboat...and by that I mean a Philippino masseuse with a tramp stamp that reads "tugboat."

Back
Top Bottom