If Minkah can't handle Miami, we think Tua can? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Minkah can't handle Miami, we think Tua can?

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
My biggest worry about Tua even before all these shenanigans started with stripping our roster was that a QB form Alabama has had success handed to him on a plate with a silver spoon, and that a guy like that was gonna have to deal with facing adversity for the first time in the NFL. Not only will he have to deal with throwing into tight windows with intense defensive pressure the likes an Alabama QB just doesn't see, if we bring them to Miami, the chances of having any established offensive weapons are slim. Which is why I'm a little confused about the cheers over Minkah being gone since he was apparently entitled and couldn't handle a challenge for the first time in his life. If a DB from Alabama can't handle adversity, how are we to expect a QB to? I'm not saying Tua will demand a trade or quit on the team, but you can't apply the Alabama logic to Minkah and not Tua.

I wouldn't be shocked if he tells the Dolphins not to draft him. You know Minkah and Drake are going to tell him all sorts of bad stuff.

True.

I don't think the damage to our image we created by trading Minkah is offset by a first round pick.

Been saying this to all my Fin buddies. I would not be surprised if Tua and maybe others will not sign with the Dolphins if they draft them. It's happened in the past with other organizations and as dysfunctional as our organization is, it could get ugly.

Screw it if he refuses us. We trade the 1st pick for a ransom and then pick JH at QB plus a whole lot of other 1st round players lol

I wouldn't be shocked if he tells the Dolphins not to draft him. You know Minkah and Drake are going to tell him all sorts of bad stuff.

Then he's a damn fool and not someone you want as the face of your organization.
I'm going to let people i didn't even play with dictate my families future?

Ya, watching this profile on his family doesn't give me high hopes that he'd come here willingly.

I love how you have Griers draft when everyone knows damn well Grier was not solo in charge of those seasons.
This season is the first time we can say Grier is truly in charge of anything and you know it.
But keep up the sorry narrative.
The more he churns out 1st round picks the sillier your post looks.

Then he's a damn fool and not someone you want as the face of your organization.
I'm going to let people i didn't even play with dictate my families future?

You can't turn your organization into an unprecedented dumpster fire and then get ticked off when potential players don't like it and act like it's an indictment upon their character. Doing what we've done is an indictment on us. It's a career decision that will have millions of future earnings hanging in the balance and what might not make sense to some biased Dolphin fans will make sense to most fans, GMs, and coaches around the league.

Teams weren't scared when Eli refused to go to the Chargers and they weren't a fraction of what we are. And for his part, Eli is now known as a top character guy whose own team is so in love with him they fired the coach that dared to bench him and still won't make him ride the pine after several more years of on field ineptitude.

I love how you have Griers draft when everyone knows damn well Grier was not solo in charge of those seasons.
This season is the first time we can say Grier is truly in charge of anything and you know it.
But keep up the sorry narrative.
The more he churns out 1st round picks the sillier your post looks.

Grier ran the draft room. He was the head talent evaluator. He gave a press conference each day of the draft explaining their rationale of each pick. T-bum handed him the reigns on draft day unless you think that was all for show.

That's not to say he didn't take input from Gase and T-bum on some things. Gesicki, for example, was likely a Gase-inspired pick. But the evaluation of that player still came from Grier's scouting department and Grier's assessment. It's not like Gase was grinding Gesicki tape throughout the season.

T-bum's role on draft day was wheelin' and dealin', which he did terribly. Trading multiple picks for the "honor" of drafting Leonte Carroo? I put that on T-bum.

I've already said the one area where I've definitely seen improvement since Grier got total control is in trade value and placing a premium on having a large amount of draft picks. These are positives. But in terms of talent evaluation, you have to twist yourself into a pretzel to think he's done an amazing job at that in the draft. 1 pro bowl player in 4 drafts is not stellar work.

Been saying this to all my Fin buddies. I would not be surprised if Tua and maybe others will not sign with the Dolphins if they draft them. It's happened in the past with other organizations and as dysfunctional as our organization is, it could get ugly.
How are we dysfunctional? The plan this year is to lose and then rebuild from the draft. If you ask me, this is the first time in a long time that this franchise had an actual plan.

Grier ran the draft room. He was the head talent evaluator. He gave a press conference each day of the draft explaining their rationale of each pick. T-bum handed him the reigns on draft day unless you think that was all for show.

That's not to say he didn't take input from Gase and T-bum on some things. Gesicki, for example, was likely a Gase-inspired pick. But the evaluation of that player still came from Grier's scouting department and Grier's assessment. It's not like Gase was grinding Gesicki tape throughout the season.

T-bum's role on draft day was wheelin' and dealin', which he did terribly. Trading multiple picks for the "honor" of drafting Leonte Carroo? I put that on T-bum.

I've already said the one area where I've definitely seen improvement since Grier got total control is in trade value and placing a premium on having a large amount of draft picks. These are positives. But in terms of talent evaluation, you have to twist yourself into a pretzel to think he's done an amazing job at that in the draft. 1 pro bowl player in 4 drafts is not stellar work.

Slowly but surely we're getting it out of you.
Do you honestly believe Grier told Tannebum and Gase i'm picking this guy, deal with it?
I'm signing Suh etc..deal with it?

Lol!

Back
Top Bottom