If Minkah can't handle Miami, we think Tua can? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Minkah can't handle Miami, we think Tua can?

What other options does Tua have?

I've seen it a million times, These guys would rather us suck and be right then ever admit they were mistaken about something.. This guy has posted his stake that he hates chris grier doesn't matter if we make it to a superbowl next year that poster is still gonna find stuff to complain about.

If he says he hopes he's wrong, well you know thats about as genuine as an apology from antonio brown.

LOL, this is ridiculous.

If Chris Grier builds a super bowl champion I'll donate to have his statue built outside the stadium. I don't hate Grier. In fact, I agreed with his approach and was set to give him a chance to pull all this off. But he really turned me off once he started flipping his highly drafted drafted players for more lottery tickets. I understand everyone is drunk on draft picks now, and I'll be the first to say I will be very excited on draft day, but no successful franchise trades off 2 of their best players drafted in the first round in the last 4 years for more lottery tickets.

I will hammer this again and again. "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush."

The draft is gambling. When you win a hand, then immediately dump the earnings back for another roll of the dice, you are bound to lose your ass in the end.

Smart teams build through the draft. That means retaining and developing the players they draft and signing them to additional contracts.

We essentially wasted years of time, effort and development for 2 key components of the team for some more "chances" to draft players who may not be any better than the ones we just traded while simultaneously opening up 2 massive holes that need to be filled. This strategy is how losing teams stay losers in the end.

It could all work out swimmingly with these picks being parlayed into HOFers. That's my sincere hope. But that is a real longshot if history is any indication.

I wouldn't be shocked if he tells the Dolphins not to draft him. You know Minkah and Drake are going to tell him all sorts of bad stuff.
They may not even want to draft Tua. The team who drafts Tue drafts his family. Not like Ted Ginn nice family kinda draft. :lol:
We are talking about family trouble which will make momma boy Minka and Grimes-B Miko look like a middle school choir. :chuckle:

Daddy will try to tell us what receivers to get and what plays to call, ohhhhh, if we don't do that: we are in big trouble.

My biggest worry about Tua even before all these shenanigans started with stripping our roster was that a QB form Alabama has had success handed to him on a plate with a silver spoon, and that a guy like that was gonna have to deal with facing adversity for the first time in the NFL. Not only will he have to deal with throwing into tight windows with intense defensive pressure the likes an Alabama QB just doesn't see,

You type this as if it matters. You realize that Carson Wentz and Ben Roethlisberger (just to name a few) didn't see any of those things either at their small colleges, right? How have they turned out?

Tua, like Deshaun Watson (who many also questioned coming into the his draft), has played against the best competition college football can offer. He's performed pretty darn well. Had some great games, had some poor games -- like all players do -- yet still remains a top prospect.

Sure, he has great talent around him. But so did Deshaun Watson at Clemson. Hell, so did Joe Montana with the 49ers. Does anybody use that against him in an all-time QB debate?

Having talent around a young QB shouldn't be looked at as a negative. After drafting any potential star player, isn't the plan always to surround them with the most talent possible in order to maximize their skills?

In short, you're reaching with these "concerns". Tua might be a good or great NFL QB. He might also not be. But the concerns you laid out likely won't have anything to do with the reasons why.

Which is why I'm a little confused about the cheers over Minkah being gone since he was apparently entitled and couldn't handle a challenge for the first time in his life. If a DB from Alabama can't handle adversity, how are we to expect a QB to? I'm not saying Tua will demand a trade or quit on the team, but you can't apply the Alabama logic to Minkah and not Tua.

Tua and Minkah are different people. It's an apples to oranges comparison. Just because they both attended the same college and both played with talented teams doesn't in any way correlate to their personalities or how they'll handle pressure.

I circle back to Deshaun Watson -- who played on a National title winning team along with current Miami Dolphin Cordrea Tankersley. Watson is having success in the NFL. Meanwhile, Tankersley hasn't carved out much of a career yet. Yet according to your logic, there should be a correlation -- right?

You're grasping at straws with these concerns. There's no connection.

Last edited:
This thread has devolved into a discussion on whether or not Tua will refuse to play for Miami. My whole point was to discuss whether players from Alabama, pretty much the most successful college program of any era in recent memory I'm aware of, are equipped and able to handled the challenge of playing in Miami where the roster has been depleted in a fashion unprecedented in NFL history.
I answer.
No he won't be able to play through adversity. People hope that he will be the next Ken Stabler (last successful QB from Alabama) but he will be more like the next Ryan Leaf. He will be the classic bust. Leaf was rated above Manning in 1998. A no miss. A sure-fire thing. Colts picked Manning. Chargers were excited Leaf dropped a spot. 4 years and four teams later Leaf was out of the NFL and Manning had an HoF career.

LOL, this is ridiculous.

If Chris Grier builds a super bowl champion I'll donate to have his statue built outside the stadium. I don't hate Grier. In fact, I agreed with his approach and was set to give him a chance to pull all this off. But he really turned me off once he started flipping his highly drafted drafted players for more lottery tickets. I understand everyone is drunk on draft picks now, and I'll be the first to say I will be very excited on draft day, but no successful franchise trades off 2 of their best players drafted in the first round in the last 4 years for more lottery tickets.

The draft is gambling. When you win a hand, then immediately dump the earnings back for another roll of the dice, you are bound to lose your *** in the end.

Smart teams build through the draft. That means retaining and developing the players they draft and signing them to additional contracts.

We essentially wasted years of time, effort and development for 2 key components of the team for some more "chances" to draft players who may not be any better than the ones we just traded while simultaneously opening up 2 massive holes that need to be filled. This strategy is how losing teams stay losers in the end.

It could all work out swimmingly with these picks being parlayed into HOFers. That's my sincere hope. But that is a real longshot if history is any indication.
Fair enough, but you have to look at it from a common sense standpoint.. Whats the point of keeping a player around that is going to be unhappy the entire season and MOST likely not going to resign with us.. When you try to trade a player who has one year left on his contract teams know and offer significantly less.. It was smart to deal Minkah now especially if we use that 1st rounder we just got to trade for Ramsey from the Jags like i HOPE Grier is going to do.. Essentially being able to trade Minkah for Ramsey would be a genius move in my view.

Anyways i've said it already if we draft a QB I wouldn't be mad if we draft all OLinemen this next draft just give us a good offense to surround our franchise QB with if Trading Minkah nets us a lockdown RT/LT then that is worth it also.,

I answer.
No he won't be able to play through adversity. People hope that he will be the next Ken Stabler (last successful QB from Alabama) but he will be more like the next Ryan Leaf. He will be the classic bust. Leaf was rated above Manning in 1998. A no miss. A sure-fire thing. Colts picked Manning. Chargers were excited Leaf dropped a spot. 4 years and four teams later Leaf was out of the NFL and Manning had an HoF career.

You don’t have the answer because this is a nonsensical comparison. There’s absolutely no merit to it at all.

Other than being left-handed, what else do they have in common? Nothing!

Fair enough, but you have to look at it from a common sense standpoint.. Whats the point of keeping a player around that is going to be unhappy the entire season and MOST likely not going to resign with us.. When you try to trade a player who has one year left on his contract teams know and offer significantly less.. It was smart to deal Minkah now especially if we use that 1st rounder we just got to trade for Ramsey from the Jags like i HOPE Grier is going to do.. Essentially being able to trade Minkah for Ramsey would be a genius move in my view.

Anyways i've said it already if we draft a QB I wouldn't be mad if we draft all OLinemen this next draft just give us a good offense to surround our franchise QB with if Trading Minkah nets us a lockdown RT/LT then that is worth it also.,

If he uses that pick to acquire a young known commodity with a high ceiling like Ramsey I'd honestly feel better than just taking a shot in the dark with a draft pick. I don't think he will do that though. This coaching staff already butted heads with Minkah, don't think they have the appetite to deal with a player that just got into an altercation with his HC on the sidelines.

You all are giving a 22 year old (Fitzpatrick) way too much credit here, lol.

LOL, this is ridiculous.

The draft is gambling. When you win a hand, then immediately dump the earnings back for another roll of the dice, you are bound to lose your *** in the end.

so what do you do when that dollar bill you won with the lottery ticket starts smoking and threating to catch on fire? I'd throw it back in the pot : )

so what do you do when that dollar bill you won with the lottery ticket starts smoking and threating to catch on fire? I'd throw it back in the pot : )

Dump it in a bucket of water, dry it off, and invest it.

Then he's a damn fool and not someone you want as the face of your organization.
I'm going to let people i didn't even play with dictate my families future?

If he's intelligent, he doesn't need someone else to tell him to avoid the Dolphins. It should be blindingly obvious.

Then he's a damn fool and not someone you want as the face of your organization.
I'm going to let people i didn't even play with dictate my families future?

A fool for avoiding a dumpster fire? Eli Manning, 2 super bowls...rivers, a better player, ZERO. John Elway?

He'd be smart to avoid playing here. I would too.

Back
Top Bottom