If Minkah can't handle Miami, we think Tua can? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Minkah can't handle Miami, we think Tua can?

If Tua doesn't want the challenge, he isn't the player I thought he was.

But this is all hypothetical.

Grier ran the draft room. He was the head talent evaluator. He gave a press conference each day of the draft explaining their rationale of each pick. T-bum handed him the reigns on draft day unless you think that was all for show.

That's not to say he didn't take input from Gase and T-bum on some things. Gesicki, for example, was likely a Gase-inspired pick. But the evaluation of that player still came from Grier's scouting department and Grier's assessment. It's not like Gase was grinding Gesicki tape throughout the season.

T-bum's role on draft day was wheelin' and dealin', which he did terribly. Trading multiple picks for the "honor" of drafting Leonte Carroo? I put that on T-bum.

I've already said the one area where I've definitely seen improvement since Grier got total control is in trade value and placing a premium on having a large amount of draft picks. These are positives. But in terms of talent evaluation, you have to twist yourself into a pretzel to think he's done an amazing job at that in the draft. 1 pro bowl player in 4 drafts is not stellar work.
It is not clear how much actual control Grier had prior to this year. We have made several internal changes and added Margin Allen & Reggie McKenzie. In other words, it’s a clean slate for this regime.
That being said, this will get even more ugly. If Ross pulls the plug on this regime early, this will be among the most coveted jobs in the league due to the arsenal of picks/cap space.

Watching this says to me that whoever has the first pic of the draft will be where he wants to play. Well where his dad will want him to go. He wont want his son to come second and he wont want his son to sit on the bench...

There is a lot of pride involved with being the first pick n the draft. and It seems like that is important to the decision maker. Dad.

Slowly but surely we're getting it out of you.
Do you honestly believe Grier told Tannebum and Gase i'm picking this guy, deal with it?
I'm signing Suh etc..deal with it?

Lol!

I never once said anything about Free Agency. FA was Tannenbaum's baby. The draft was Grier's. It was laid out quite clearly in their introductory press conference and the way they handled their duties.

Tannenbaum had final say, but he wasn't making the picks. He is not a talent evaluator. He deferred to Grier on that. What T-bum did do was focus on his supposed forte - wheelin and dealin. He loved working the lines to try to make a splash, but always ended up flat on his face.

Gase obviously had input as a coach. Grier still takes a lot of input from his coaches on the "type" of players they want for their system, but ultimately he is making the evaluation to determine who that player is. And his track record is not good in that regard. The results speak for themselves.

Of the 3, I think Grier was the least problematic, but that still doesn't necessarily mean he is the solution for the future.

Like I've said, I like that he is more responsible with retaining draft capital and seems to get better value in trades. But as far as talent evaluation, early returns from 2019 don't seem to show any dramatic improvement. Obviously its very early, so things can change. As of now, 2016 was his best draft. Are you telling me you credit Tannenbaum with that draft? Since it was the first one, if there is any that T-bum would be most involved with, it would be that one.

When has this ever happened besides Eli??

Yeah, it would be awful for a young player to be forced to come to South Beach, play football and make millions. All for an organization that has the ammo to turn things around quickly and massively.

Yeah, it would be awful for a young player to be forced to come to South Beach, play football and make millions. All for an organization that has the ammo to turn things around quickly and massively.

Elway forced his way to Denver from the Colts, but he had the threat of baseball. Jim Kelly played in the USFL rather than play for the Bills, but ultimately came back to play for them a year or 2 later.

Lol, some of these poster are so resentful of the organization that they would wish a franchise like QB to spite us just so they can feel glee.
Makes you wonder if they're really fans of the team?

Theres like 5-6 legit contenders in the NFL on a year to year basis. Are players really going to start saying “no boo I don’t want to go there, I want late first round pick money, I have the heart of a champion!”

Because if all this nonsense with minkah, bell, brown, ramsey etc becomes the norm, I’m out. May as well watch the nba.

Until proven otherwise I'm operating under the belief Tua is his own man and not Minkah's b*tch.

If Tua doesn't want the challenge, he isn't the player I thought he was.

But this is all hypothetical.

Professional athletes don't want a challenge, they want a chance at success and want to have a career where they gain both professional accolade and ensure their financial future.

I doubt Tua cares whether he is the player a Dolphin fan thought he was.

This thread has devolved into a discussion on whether or not Tua will refuse to play for Miami. My whole point was to discuss whether players from Alabama, pretty much the most successful college program of any era in recent memory I'm aware of, are equipped and able to handled the challenge of playing in Miami where the roster has been depleted in a fashion unprecedented in NFL history.

What other options does Tua have?
Lol, some of these poster are so resentful of the organization that they would wish a franchise like QB to spite us just so they can feel glee.
Makes you wonder if they're really fans of the team?
I've seen it a million times, These guys would rather us suck and be right then ever admit they were mistaken about something.. This guy has posted his stake that he hates chris grier doesn't matter if we make it to a superbowl next year that poster is still gonna find stuff to complain about.

If he says he hopes he's wrong, well you know thats about as genuine as an apology from antonio brown.

Professional athletes don't want a challenge, they want a chance at success and want to have a career where they gain both professional accolade and ensure their financial future.

You hear Dak Prescott talk about his contract negotiations this season? He flat out said he doesn’t believe he deserves to be paid like a top 5 QB if he doesn’t win a Championship. All he wants to do is play the game and win while his agent handles things. It was a good interview.

So why are we here?

I understand players are humans.

And maybe you are right on challenge vs success.

I prefer the man willing to commit to the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom