If No Trade, Shelton Will Be Cut | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If No Trade, Shelton Will Be Cut

Fin Fan in Cali said:
With a creative contract, we couls work something out. We have the money we saved from Surtain's contract. I am not sure how much will be left after we sign rookies though.
Patrick's amount is short compared to R Brown.

Dolfan1000 said:
I think they were referring to some sort of Travis Henry deal, which seems unlikely now with Arrington in AZ.
Arrington is a rookie and many scouts aren't optimistic about who mature will he be when this season starts.
Also RB is a very fragile position (ask us) so Arizona may push a little some where near to preseason (remember Henry WANTS to stay out Buffalo).

Didn't we put a clause in Mcintosh's contract that said we wouldn't sign or draft any other left tackles. Maybe it was just draft a LT I'm not entirely sure but depending on what exactly the contract says we might not be able to sign him.

FinSinceBirth said:
Didn't we put a clause in Mcintosh's contract that said we wouldn't sign or draft any other left tackles. Maybe it was just draft a LT I'm not entirely sure but depending on what exactly the contract says we might not be able to sign him.

No we didn't.... Just a stupid rumor...

Fin Fan in Cali said:
But why go to Buffalo when Miami has a better coach, team, and weather?

You guys are Hilarious. You sign a College coach, a couple new position coaches and all the sudden you're better? Keep telling each other lies.

Losman7 said:
You guys are Hilarious. You sign a College coach, a couple new position coaches and all the sudden you're better? Keep telling each other lies.

The reason he'll go to Blowfallo is because you guys are willing to pay more for him, have shown more interest for him, and have less competition at LT.

thecoordinator said:
there is no way we can afford this guy. it's a nice thought but we will be outbid for sure.

IF we wanted him we can afford him. The last cap #'s I saw had us 6.6 mil under the cap. I'm not sure what the rookie pool needs to be but I'm sure we have alot of room still especially since we have yet to make our own cuts. I really hope some rooks step up so we can start turning this roster over to some young aggressive studs.

Jaj said:
The reason he'll go to Blowfallo is because you guys are willing to pay more for him, have shown more interest for him, and have less competition at LT.

If we wanted him we would ahve traded for him. Our FO said he may not even crack the starting line up. We can probably get him cheaper this way, he was making 3mil a year.

If you guys really want him, you can have him. hes a lazy *******

Shelton was scheduled to visit other teams. Buffalo was his first stop and hecancelled his other visits because he wanted to be a bill. He stated he wanted to play for McNally.

Obviously the bills must've thought that he wasn't worth trading up for Henry plus a 3 million salary. If he was worth that based on McNally's opinion, he'd be a bill by now. Maybe the bills knew there aren't that much teams interested so they'd rather wait and sign him to a cheaper contract when he get's cut.

Jaj said:
:crazy:

Losman7 said:
If we wanted him we would ahve traded for him. Our FO said he may not even crack the starting line up. We can probably get him cheaper this way, he was making 3mil a year.

If you guys really want him, you can have him. hes a lazy *******

Your saying that Teague is a better LT? :eek:

Jaj said:
Your saying that Teague is a better LT? :eek:

I don't know who the left tackle is gonna be. If Jason Peters comes along I think it could be him.

Teague was decent at LT in Denver.

Losman7 said:
I don't know who the left tackle is gonna be. If Jason Peters comes along I think it could be him.

Teague was decent at LT in Denver.

The undrafted free agent from last year? And you guys think your LT situation is better than ours... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom