IF O-GUN Goes to OAKLAND......New Idea | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF O-GUN Goes to OAKLAND......New Idea

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
I know there are two great QB's in Eli and Big ben...but just a thought.......

If we were to send O-Gun for the Raiders pick at 2 overall what about trading it back......and grab another couple first rounders?

It's not uncommon for a pick as high as 2 overall to net two first rounders....especially when there is such quality in the draft....

We could Draft Rivers, and still get our WR and an OL all in Round one......

Just a thought.

BTW - Even if we could not get two first rounders, I'd draft a WR at 2 overall and grab Rivers at 20

IMO, there's as much a chance as the Raiders giving us the #2 pick as every top OL free agent signing with us for the league minimum salary.

If, and it's a Big IF, we are lucky, a team will offer us just a 1st rounder (from the latter part of round 1 - say, picks 18-32) for O-gun.

No one gives up a 1st round pick and a huge salary (which is what it will take to sign him) for Ogunleye.

I'll be happy if we get one 1st rounder from midway back.

Originally posted by finsfan4life

Work = full time
College = part time

Get back to teaching, or didn't they call you in to substitute today.

LOL....well Dolfan, you keep plugging away and soon you'll be all done with school and where I was 10 years ago...unless you are still just working on a BS. If thats the case you are still about a decade behind.

Be sure to let us all know when you land that front office job since you havent done it "yet" or finished school "yet".

Me substitute? I havent had to do that since you were a backup on the JV's in High School gaining all that knowledge you so proudly share with us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: IF O-GUN Goes to OAKLAND......New Idea

Originally posted by Da 'Fins

IMO, there's as much a chance as the Raiders giving us the #2 pick as every top OL free agent signing with us for the league minimum salary.

If, and it's a Big IF, we are lucky, a team will offer us just a 1st rounder (from the latter part of round 1 - say, picks 18-32) for O-gun.

No one gives up a 1st round pick and a huge salary (which is what it will take to sign him) for Ogunleye.

I'll be happy if we get one 1st rounder from midway back.

I agree. I doubt the Raiders sign O-Gun. I think it will be Seattle or Philly.....But I do expect the Raiders to Draft USC WR Williams at #2 overall and push a QB to spot 20 overall.

Re: Re: Re: IF O-GUN Goes to OAKLAND......New Idea

But I do expect the Radiers to Draft USC WR Williams at #2 overall and push a QB to spot 20 overall. [/B][/QUOTE]

Not that it will help us at all. I cant imagine we grab a QB in the first.:cry:

Re: Re: Re: Re: IF O-GUN Goes to OAKLAND......New Idea

Originally posted by dreadlockera
Not that it will help us at all. I cant imagine we grab a QB in the first.:cry:

You can't even see us grabbing Rivers at 20 if he's there and a WR at 23 if we lose O-Gun? What if we see Woods, Evans, and another WR in that range at 20 sitting with Rivers?

I'd hope we'd go Rivers then WR at pick 23 in that case.

We can grab OL that can play in FA and later rounds

Last edited by a moderator:
QUOTE]If we were to send O-Gun for the Raiders pick at 2 overall what about trading it back......and grab another couple first rounders?[/QUOTE]

Ogun for the 2 overall pick? :lol: He's considered worth "about" a pick around 20...nowhere near good enough for a top 10 pick, LET ALONE top 5 LET ALONE #2 :lol:

I know there are two great QB's in Eli and Big ben...but just a thought.......

If we were to send O-Gun for the Raiders pick at 2 overall what about trading it back......and grab another couple first rounders?

It's not uncommon for a pick as high as 2 overall to net two first rounders....especially when there is such quality in the draft....

We could Draft Rivers, and still get our WR and an OL all in Round one......

Just a thought.

BTW - Even if we could not get two first rounders, I'd draft a WR at 2 overall and grab Rivers at 20

nah, that would be the 21st and 32nd from NE. That would the only way to get 2 #1s extra this yr. it would essentially be a 1 and a 2 anyway.

LOL....well Dolfan, you keep plugging away and soon you'll be all done with school and where I was 10 years ago...unless you are still just working on a BS. If thats the case you are still about a decade behind.

Be sure to let us all know when you land that front office job since you havent done it "yet" or finished school "yet".

Me substitute? I havent had to do that since you were a backup on the JV's in High School gaining all that knowledge you so proudly share with us!

Lol. Aw isn't that cute he had to wait for school to end to reply. Well my misinformed friend I'll have my master's in about a month and a half. I'm already working in a front office job so I guess you should know that right now.

It's amazing what some people will resort to when you tell them the Fins aren't going to draft someone. Keep the hope that the Fins will draft Rivers alive my under paid, under appreciated Fins fan.

Can't we just get rid of wanny and get Jimmy J. back or at least hire him as a draft consultant (give him all the power in the war room) that way we'll be sitting pretty in the draft and I'll completely trust any and everything he'll do in the draft. Remember the moves he completed for Zach and Jason with much less leverage than what we have right now. Just a thought!!!!!!
:evil: :idea: :biggrin: :up:

:evil:
Jimmy is just sitting around waiting for an excuse to involve himself with the draft, thats what he loves to do........
:fire:
C'mon guys join the bandwagon......:bandwagon :angry:

Originally posted by cubanbadguy
Can't we just get rid of wanny and get Jimmy J. back or at least hire him as a draft consultant (give him all the power in the war room) that way we'll be sitting pretty in the draft and I'll completely trust any and everything he'll do in the draft. Remember the moves he completed for Zach and Jason with much less leverage than what we have right now. Just a thought!!!!!!

JJ doesn't know how to draft offense. He proved that for three straight years. He's a good evaluator of defense, but I wouldn't trust him with turning our offense around....

Rick knows what he's doing....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:D

Originally posted by cubanbadguy

Moves? :confused: in the 3rd and 5th rnds? personally, i wouldn't want JJ any where near us. He was good at trading early picks for a ton of late ones in hopes that there are "saftey in #s" !! :lol: His philosophy was if you have enough picks, sooner or later you'll geet a keeper. OR as some like to say, sling enug schidt against the wall and some of it is bound to stick"!!

:D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom