IF O-GUN Goes to OAKLAND......New Idea | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF O-GUN Goes to OAKLAND......New Idea

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Please share with us exactly where you worked and who you worked for and why you'd be qualified for a job with the Dolphins. I can dream pretty big so you may be surprised. Perhaps the people skills are holding you back?

If you find security in the fact that the Dolphins are either handing the starting job to a 3rd stringer last year or allowing the returner to maintain his job after beating out another teams 3rd stringer then thats fine. No knock on you, and in fact obviously the Dolphins organization agrees with you...not me. I still think it is a huge gamble that we cant afford to miss on.

BTW - I don't have any problem with your point of view. I completely understand it, it's the pompus attitude I can do without.

No, I won't share with you where I work. But I will say that my employer is mentioned just about every day on this site.

I could care less what you can or cannot do without. I didn't want Jay back and I wasn't thrilled when they traded for Feeley. However, I'm not as oblivious to the facts as you obviously are. You don't give up a second rounder to bring in a quarterback that isn't going to be the QB of the future.

Unless he's there with the second pick in the first round, and that pick is in the 20s he isn't coming to the Fins. Deal with it.

If we had the #2 pick and did not select Manning... I would be *extremely* pissed off.

The draft is a gamble, Manning is a sure thing... how can you pass on that, especially with our lame QB situation. I'm certainly not sold on a 3rd stringer.

News out here says Oakland does not go QB at #2 overall, and that big Ben goes at 11 over rivers to Pittsburgh. That...along with Henson entering the Draft, could both or either push rivers back to us.
I understand everyone having positions they want to see us go after. WR makes sense, and so does OL......but really, we are taking a huge gamble on Feeley. If we move O-Gun (original thrust of this thread), and end up with two #1's, I hope we take Rivers at 20 if he has slide back again like some are predicting. QB is not a position we can afford to gamble on IMO

I still see 3 QB's going before 15. Someone will make that move to get up there. If Fitzgerald is off the boards then I would expect Arizona to take Ben. I'd also expect Pittsburgh and Buffalo to take QB's if any of the top 3 are available.

imagine the bitching and whining if we got A.J Feeley to replace Fiedler in a situation where we might have gotten Eli.....
If our FO gets a chance to pick Eli, I think they should.

Otherwise Gallery and a WR would be sweet.

IF we really would get the #2 pick, which i believe would be a miracle, i think we have to go with manning, franchise qb are hard to find these days, although gallery would make sense as well, as we could smith to RT and say bye bye to todd wade.

Third stringer...?

I know that's where he was listed on the depth charts, but feeley was the guy everyone was calling for when McNabb started slow last season. I can't remember where I read it now, but Detmer was apparently no.2 because he was the holder on special teams and they only dressed two QB's. Feeley may well be ready to go.

And to our 3rd stringer, we have a third round tender on Sage but may lose him to FA (if our cap priorities are away from QB) and there's always the possibility that we draft a QB for the 3rd spot this year who may become the leader in future years. I'm not convinced the horsetrading at QB is over, especially if we get a high pick for Wale.

But as to whether Wanny and his "Jay tinted glasses" will select anybody else to start this season, the trust just isn't there. For me it would have been better Jay had just gone.

There is absolutely no way the Raiders (or any other team for that matter) is going to give up a top 5 pick for Ogunleye!
We will be lucky to get any first round pick for him, IMO. I just don't think there will be that much interest in him and we will see him in a Dolphin uni next year, and probably at a very reasonable price.

Also, a few think that we go QB in the first. I can't imagine the fins giving up a 2nd rounder in 2005, and 18 mil to a qb then drafting a qb this year. If we do draft Rivers, do we cut Fiedler after all the crap that has happened with him the past week. I really don't see that happening. Although I can sure wish it does.

I will probably take some slack for this but I agree and would DEFINITELY take Gallery at 2 (even though we won't get that pick). Lets face it Franchise LT's do NOT come around that often. Then with 20 I would take Jake Grove at C... then if we get Woody... we would be SET at Oline for YEARS! All young and hopefully keep them togehter for many years.

Originally posted by finsfan4life

No, I won't share with you where I work. But I will say that my employer is mentioned just about every day on this site.

We'll stick to the fact that it's more likely a 26 year old student in college

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Miami would have to trade down. I don't think they could afford a 2nd round pick with their salary cap situation.

Originally posted by Fisticuff Deuce
Everyone needs to get one simple thing straight... This team will not draft a QB even if Manning or Rothlisberger are there.

If Miami got a top 2 pick, Robert Gallery would be perfect. Move Smith to RT, and let Gallery own at LT (he won't struggle), then draft a WR at 20...

If they passed on Eli (or ben) I would jump off a cliff. Feeley may be nice but you CANT pass on a qb like them when given the chance.

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
I think Miami would have to trade down. I don't think they could afford a 2nd round pick with their salary cap situation.

They can make it happen. Question is do they have the kind of conviction on a player to motivate them to do it.

with our cap we cant afoord the number 2 overall. We would trade down and pick up extra picks ( not bad in one of the deepest drafts in recent history) maybe we trade down to #10 and us a mid rounder we aquire to move the 20 up to 15. Wilfork/Rwilliams sound good to anyone?? with a shiny new 2 rounder.

We'll stick to the fact that it's more likely a 26 year old student in college

:lol:

Work = full time
College = part time

Get back to teaching, or didn't they call you in to substitute today.

Back
Top Bottom