IF O-GUN Goes to OAKLAND......New Idea | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF O-GUN Goes to OAKLAND......New Idea

A franchise QB is the one position that you can never say "never" about. I honestly can't see us passing up Manning.

I think it would also be good to consider Shaun Taylor at maybe 2. Look at the impact Roy Williams has had with the Cowboys. Even Ricky was getting pounded by Roy (of course Ricky put in a few hits also) A pick like Taylor would also not hurt are salary cap. Qbs and Offensive Lineman of our needs will probably be the most expensive. Safeties you could get cheaper. and we could still get a receiver like Reggie Williams at 20 possibly. I say resign wade get woodey and keep nails for fairly cheap that is unless we were able to afford a more expensive guard. this all saying that the raiders go through with the trade which is a BIG question mark

I unfortunatley agree that we are done @ the QB position this year. I don't like it but I think the powers to be choked and felt that something had to be done early @ tha QB position because look what happened last year w/ BG.
If O-Gun leaves I would still like to see a Young Gun in camp because we have not drafted a solid qb since Dan and F/A Qb's are nothing to write home about the last few years.
And bringing back Fiedler for the amount of money he wants is like giving a day care operating license to Michael Jackson.

Originally posted by finsfan4life
I totally agree. These Rivers fans just won't go away though, no matter how many times you tell them.

Go away? Why should anyone go away based on what you have to say? Who are you? How many years of Professional training or experience do you have? What qualifies you to run us off? You have a Dolphins front office job? Or maybe because they are saying they wont draft a QB you are going off of that? LOL Yeah...they alway anoounce all their draft intentions. They'd never smoke screen to keep someone from jumping in front of them at 20 to grab Rivers.

Yes, anywone can look at the money we may give Feeley and see the writing on the wall....but how do we know he's the answer?

We see a deep pool of talent at a position we'd like to upgrade. Period. I'm not sold on a 3rd string QB being the answer to our problems. QB isnt a position I want to see the team gamble on. If we land an extra pick I hope we go QB.

Are you comfortable with handing Feeley the job, or letting him "compete" with Jay....He might not even be able to keep Fiedler off the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rather see us get a franchise WR & franchise Offensive Lineman that could come on this team and make a difference immediately.

Of course, the moves that are made in Free Agency will help shape what we need in the draft.

I just forsee the win now mentality will also shape this draft. A QB would be a good investment for the future...yet it would drain the win now pool.

I hope we don't fall in love with a single player in the draft. There are many very good offensive weapons that will be standing in line in round one.

I agree

Originally posted by PhinstiGator
I would rather see us get a franchise WR & franchise Offensive Lineman that could come on this team and make a difference immediately.

Of course, the moves that are made in Free Agency will help shape what we need in the draft.

I just forsee the win now mentality will also shape this draft. A QB would be a good investment for the future...yet it would drain the win now pool.

I hope we don't fall in love with a single player in the draft. There are many very good offensive weapons that will be standing in line in round one.

I see the same thing. This draft has an unusual amount of depth in it at a variety of positions. I think we will end up with 2 1st rounders, and an extra 3rd rounder.....I think we are making a mistake passing on a player as good as Rivers at 20. Moreover, whoever they take had better be a lights out player or their will be some pissed fans if Rivers turns into what he looks like he will be...a Pro Bowler that we passed on for a 3rd string QB.

I think your point is mute since I do not believe Rivers will be there at 20. I actually dont think he makes it past the Steelers at 11. They want a young qb to sit a year behind Maddox. Rivers is also climbing steadily.

i hope to go if we get the number two pic overal we will go line and just go with either evans or woods at slot because DT hasnt lost his job quite yet but most of our oline has......... i think jake grove would be a great pick but im a hokie fan as well, i do like his toughness and he would be our center till he we let him go of age like we just did ruddy and mckinney could move to gaurd....... id like to get our starter at tackle in FA along with a gaurd and have someone expierence around a young talented center.... but that is just my thought... what you all think

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
I think your point is mute since I do not believe Rivers will be there at 20. I actually dont think he makes it past the Steelers at 11. They want a young qb to sit a year behind Maddox. Rivers is also climbing steadily.

News out here says Oakland does not go QB at #2 overall, and that big Ben goes at 11 over rivers to Pittsburgh. That...along with Henson entering the Draft, could both or either push rivers back to us.
I understand everyone having positions they want to see us go after. WR makes sense, and so does OL......but really, we are taking a huge gamble on Feeley. If we move O-Gun (original thrust of this thread), and end up with two #1's, I hope we take Rivers at 20 if he has slide back again like some are predicting. QB is not a position we can afford to gamble on IMO

regardless of where we sit in the draft or what potential picks we may get or none at all....if ben/eli or rivers is available we'll take them. Feeley couldn't come close to these guys and probably never will have as much talent or experience. with the fins hurting for a qb ever since marino left there's no way we'd pass on one of those 3 which could be a franchise qb for the next decade or more. QBs are the hardest position to fill with people like marino, elway, farve, manning, etc. and those 3 guys could be one of em. Unless we have a top-notch QB, which we obviously don't, we won't pass on getting someone of that caliber and the only teams that will pass on them are the ones set with a 1st round qb already/invested or a proven starter.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Go away? Why should anyone go away based on what you have to say? Who are you? How many years of Professional training or experience do you have? What qualifies you to run us off? You have a Dolphins front office job? Or maybe because they are saying they wont draft a QB you are going off of that? LOL Yeah...they alway anoounce all their draft intentions. They'd never smoke screen to keep someone from jumping in front of them at 20 to grab Rivers.

Yes, anywone can look at the money we may give Feeley and see the writing on the wall....but how do we know he's the answer?

We see a deep pool of talent at a position we'd like to upgrade. Period. I'm not sold on a 3rd string QB being the answer to our problems. QB isnt a position I want to see the team gamble on. If we land an extra pick I hope we go QB.

Are you comfortable with handing Feeley the job, or letting him "compete" with Jay....He might not even be able to keep Fiedler off the field.

I have plenty of years of professional training and experience. No I don't have a Dolphins front office job, yet. However, I do work in the sports industry doing a job that you can only dream of.

If you call giving up a second rounder, and keeping your starting quarterback from last season a smoke screen you're probably close friends with Jamal Lewis.

I'm boycotting the season if they draft a QB in the first round after spending next year's number 2 on one already:fire:

Originally posted by finsfan4life

I have plenty of years of professional training and experience. No I don't have a Dolphins front office job, yet. However, I do work in the sports industry doing a job that you can only dream of.

If you call giving up a second rounder, and keeping your starting quarterback from last season a smoke screen you're probably close friends with Jamal Lewis.

Please share with us exactly where you worked and who you worked for and why you'd be qualified for a job with the Dolphins. I can dream pretty big so you may be surprised. Perhaps the people skills are holding you back?

If you find security in the fact that the Dolphins are either handing the starting job to a 3rd stringer last year or allowing the returner to maintain his job after beating out another teams 3rd stringer then thats fine. No knock on you, and in fact obviously the Dolphins organization agrees with you...not me. I still think it is a huge gamble that we cant afford to miss on.

BTW - I don't have any problem with your point of view. I completely understand it, it's the pompus attitude I can do without.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by burger13
I'm boycotting the season if they draft a QB in the first round after spending next year's number 2 on one already:fire:

After what we have gone through the past 2 seasons at backup QB I'd be more than happy to see us spend a 2nd rounder on one that can do a quality job. Thats 3-5 games per season the back up guy is on the field.

Any player that we pick at #2 should become a star but you never know. It would be hard to pass on Gallery and also on Larry F.The 2 top QB's would be hard to pass on also but after the deal for AJ it'd be hard to take a QB there.If I had to chose WR or o-line at 2 then it'd have to be Galery cos there're not many OT's like him but there're plenty of WR's to go around all the way to 20 imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom