If pete can do it..so can ANY of us!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If pete can do it..so can ANY of us!!

With what you just said than how can you call him overrated?

BillsCA said:
You werent alive the last time the dolphins won a superbowl or did anything significant so I dont know where your getting at...
I wasn't alive when we landed on the moon. Does that mean I can't talk about it or be proud of the accomplisment?

DBoston80 said:
My list of over/underated players all star team!!

QB'S
Donovan Mcnaab- Never is held accoutable when he performs bad IMO a terrible big game player

Kyle Boller-The guy has a top 3 OL a top 3 RB and still plays awful..although he finished last year looking better.

RB'S
Clinton Portis- Did okay in yardage but he had an awful lot of attempts ypc dropped dramatically!!

Willis Mcgahee- averaged 70 yds per game..and not a huge factor in the passing game, and yet SOME people think he is gonna carry their team???

TE
Jeremy Shockey- This is the easiest one BY FAR for me!! why this guy gets the credit he does is beyond me, he has huge drops and doesnt produce the big #'s that about 5 other TE's do who are better.

WR'S
Lavernous Coles- As a finfan I loved the trade with Washington atleast Santana can return punts!!

Hines Ward- He is solid and clutch but his production has and will continue to drop...time for double teams hines!! Although I like his passion for the game.

Dennis Northcutt- LOL if any of you saw the contract the clowns gave him..you'd know what I meant!! A James Mcknight wwith return skills.

Marty Booker- Hate to say it..hope Im wrong but man the guy just doesnt impress me(please prove me wrong)

DL

Aaron Smith- benefits greatly from an aggressive scheme wich allows him to get decent numbers

John Abraham-to one dimensional right now you gotta do more than get sacks

Simeon Rice- Also too 1 dimensional and only forced one TO this year with 40 tackles....not worthy.

Greg Ellis- why is this guy in the Pro Bowl??

LB's

Morlon Greenwood- Ofcourse he jumped on that offer Dom Capers is trying to outsmart himself there!

Ray Lewis- he still is making tackles but for what many consider the best def.player in the game..you gotta make more BIG plays..last year 1 FF, 0 int's

E.Hartwell- basically with all the attention on ray and company..you shoukd do better than that

DB's

Chris Mcallister-I agree with C.Chambers on this one

Champ Bailey- for being the "best" he sure got torched alot

Anthony Henry- This guy was beaten for ATLEAST 8 td's and abused all season...so he goes and gets a 13 million dollar signing bonus??

(Sam Madison saved himself from this list with an impressive year last season)

Kicker- They change like the wind!! Grmatica from the best to a backup..might be Mare.......

..too tired to finish the rest....later ya'll:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I'm sure i'll get torched for this but. I would have to say Chris Chambers is overratted before Marty Booker. Booker had some good years with a bad chicago team, while being hampered with injuries. While Chambers is hyped every year and he has done nothing spectacular yet(hopefully that changes this year). sure Chambers doesn't have a top Qb throwing the ball. but then what did Booker have in Chicago?

BillsCA said:
You werent alive the last time the dolphins won a superbowl or did anything significant so I dont know where your getting at...

He very well could be a pro bowl RB the people who are saying he might be (national media) think so because they have seen a Bills game besides the two each year that you see.

He will be two years removed from his injury which is how long it usually takes (example Edge) he is stronger, faster, and bigger from all reports so far. Has been training hard down in Miami working on getting his speed back.

You dont want to mention that he COULD be a probowler next year but are ready to annoint Ronnie Brown as the next Walter Payton (not directed at you personally, just many fin fans)

Probowl?

How is this a list of over/underrated players. Are you planning on adding the underrated ones later or something?

WitheringPlant said:
How is this a list of over/underrated players. Are you planning on adding the underrated ones later or something?

Damn your right!! Part 2 of my 2part peice at 5:00pm today...:rofl3:

BillsCA said:

He very well could be a pro bowl RB the people who are saying he might be (national media) think so because they have seen a Bills game besides the two each year that you see.

He will be two years removed from his injury which is how long it usually takes (example Edge) he is stronger, faster, and bigger from all reports so far. Has been training hard down in Miami working on getting his speed back.

You dont want to mention that he COULD be a probowler next year but are ready to annoint Ronnie Brown as the next Walter Payton (not directed at you personally, just many fin fans)

As a Bills fan Superbowl should not be in your vocabulary, and if significant means losing 4 in a row, then I dont want the Dolphins to "do anything signficant".

Im sorry. Just let me clear up McGahee's stats for some people.

He started 11 games last year. In the the other 5, he had little action, except in Baltimore.

He averaged 90.9 yards a game and had 13 TD's the 11 games he started.

If you think he is overrated then fine, I just disagree.

..hey i respect his hard work to get back on the field..but it is what it is...4.0 ypc and 70 yds per game are solid but not top of the line!!!

he averaged 70.5 a game in 16 games but he only started 11, he averaged 91 yds/gm in games he started.

It's funny you mention YPC and yards per game but when Ricky Williams #s are brought up they are ignored.

In Ricky's last year he averaged 3.5 YPC and 86 yds a game(only b/c he ran it so much). Outside of Ricky's 1 great year in '02 he averaged 83 yds/gm and 3.7 YPC. Those #s are not fluke #s, his '02 #s were fluke #s as the other #s are 4 years compared to 1 great year.

nyjunc said:
he averaged 70.5 a game in 16 games but he only started 11, he averaged 91 yds/gm in games he started.

It's funny you mention YPC and yards per game but when Ricky Williams #s are brought up they are ignored.

In Ricky's last year he averaged 3.5 YPC and 86 yds a game(only b/c he ran it so much). Outside of Ricky's 1 great year in '02 he averaged 83 yds/gm and 3.7 YPC. Those #s are not fluke #s, his '02 #s were fluke #s as the other #s are 4 years compared to 1 great year.

As many Fans at this site like to say, Ya'll just got :0wned: .

DBoston80 said:
...He is overrated if anyone thinks he (RIGHT NOW) is a pro bowl RB.....he played well and is good but some people think he's ready to lead the league in rushing..all im saying is slow down he has to crawl before he can walk...Im not tryin to stir up trouble W/ anyone people will disagree thats why I wrote it to get point of views..

...By the way if I wanted to stir up Bill's fans I would mention the word SUPERBOWL..........you guys are kinda touchy on that subject:D
Brown will be lucky to gain 1000 yards w/ 16 games while being 100% healthy. McGahee did it in 11 games and 80% healthy. The potential is there and it's through that potential that people are using as basis.

I think McGahee's ypg might have gone down because they didn't run the ball too much. He's a great running back, and played very well despite a bad O-line last year.

Justasportsfan said:
Brown will be lucky to gain 1000 yards w/ 16 games while being 100% healthy. McGahee did it in 11 games and 80% healthy. The potential is there and it's through that potential that people are using as basis.
and that doesn't seem biased? :shakeno: you have no clue what your talking about Brown hasn't played in the NFL yet so you can't predict what he will or will not do. I seriously doubt that McGahee was only 80% healthy but beleive as you will

Dolphins12thMan said:
As a Bills fan Superbowl should not be in your vocabulary, and if significant means losing 4 in a row, then I dont want the Dolphins to "do anything signficant".
You finfans were lucky that Marv Levy wasn't our coach or he would've owned Shula in the 70's, just like he did when he joined the bills . ;)

Justasportsfan said:
You finfans were lucky that Marv Levy wasn't our coach or he would've owned Shula in the 70's, just like he did when he joined the bills . ;)
and when did he join the Bills?

Back
Top Bottom