If pete can do it..so can ANY of us!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If pete can do it..so can ANY of us!!

BringBackShula said:
WHen was your time?? Cause 4 losses is WORSE than not going at all I think.
Maybe in your mind.Marino would say the opposite. He wishes he went to 4 sb's.

Going to 4 straight means we beat the crap out of your team to get there. :tongue:

BringBackShula said:
Yall never had a time. Win one!
that means Marino never had a time either.

Were you even born then? Lwhen you guys bring up the 4 sb's and we show you who we beat to get there, you guys always backtrack to the 70's just so you have a comeback. Don't downplay our 4 sb's because you will just end up talking about the 70's.

tay0365 said:
No, with the team Miami had, Miami still would have owned you guys for a decade. A record still going strong....may I add :D
Not lately. :tongue: 4-12 Sweep.

Justasportsfan said:
He wouldn't be undefeated if Marv was our coach . Get it? :lol:

Actually, it's the exact opposite, if Shula had Coached your team in the last 80s, and early 90s, you would have had at least 2 superbowls.

tay0365 said:
Actually, it's the exact opposite, if Shula had Coached your team in the last 80s, and early 90s, you would have had at least 2 superbowls.
It depends. If Marv was coaching a different team , Shula still wouldn't have been able to win a sb w/ the bills. It's just the way it is. Shula couldn't beat Marv. ;)

:topic:

It happens in every thread......you click to read on a specific topic.......and it just turns into Dolphins vs Bills. This one even going back as far as the 70's. Can't we just sticky an official Dolphins/Bills thread and people can just take this crap over there.

I'm not songling out Bills fans........because when people say stupid crap like, "losing 4 straight is worse than never going", you have to reply.

Now that I'm off my soapbox.........

You left out the league's most overrated player, BRIAN URLACHER. This guy is all hype and very little substance. Especially as of late. He has great athletisism for his position, but that's about it. His instincts and tackling are below average IMO.

Also, how can KYLE BOLLER be on an overrated list?? Everyone knows he sucks....even Raven fans. To be overrated he'd have to be worse than "sucks"...which would be what?

Also, Jeremy Shockey used to be overrated IMO, but as of late, people have started to underestimate his ability it seems. I saw one preview mag that had him listed as the 10th best TE........seems they underrated him a little IMO.

burger13 said:
:topic:

It happens in every thread......you click to read on a specific topic.......and it just turns into Dolphins vs Bills. This one even going back as far as the 70's. Can't we just sticky an official Dolphins/Bills thread and people can just take this crap over there.

I'm not songling out Bills fans........because when people say stupid crap like, "losing 4 straight is worse than never going", you have to reply.

Now that I'm off my soapbox.........

You left out the league's most overrated player, BRIAN URLACHER. This guy is all hype and very little substance. Especially as of late. He has great athletisism for his position, but that's about it. His instincts and tackling are below average IMO.

Also, how can KYLE BOLLER be on an overrated list?? Everyone knows he sucks....even Raven fans. To be overrated he'd have to be worse than "sucks"...which would be what?

Also, Jeremy Shockey used to be overrated IMO, but as of late, people have started to underestimate his ability it seems. I saw one preview mag that had him listed as the 10th best TE........seems they underrated him a little IMO.
I agree. But if someone attempts to smack the bills, we smack back. :D

How can you guys logically claim that Ray Lewis is over-rated? To say he didn't perform as well last year still misses the point. If he's not the best, who is better at MLB? Certainly not Zach.

Regardless of what you thought of his productivity (and, forced fumbles and int's do not account for all the big plays), there is no one in the game who is a better all around MLB than Lewis.

Justasportsfan said:
It depends. If Marv was coaching a different team , Shula still wouldn't have been able to win a sb w/ the bills. It's just the way it is. Shula couldn't beat Marv. ;)

Your team was loaded with talent, and at the very least with Shula's keen game day coaching, your team would have won against the Giants.

By the way, because of that game, I had to wear a Giants cap for a week at work, I thought It was a given, and I wanted to get this very obnoxious Giant fan to wear My Dolphin's cap. :fire:

tay0365 said:
Not bad, but I still think 20-0 is better then 4-12.:D
Backtacking again? I made my responses based on the posts that downplay our 4 sb's. I responded based on that era. You guys have no response to that subject and then try to reply using a different era? :goof:

tay0365 said:
Your team was loaded with talent, and at the very least with Shula's keen game day coaching,
and who's fault was that? Shula's? Make up your mind, was he a great coach or a stupid one by not building a great team in the late 80's and 90's. Stop making excuses that was entirely his fault.

DBoston80 said:
My list of over/underated players all star team!!

QB'S
Donovan Mcnaab- Never is held accoutable when he performs bad IMO a terrible big game player

Kyle Boller-The guy has a top 3 OL a top 3 RB and still plays awful..although he finished last year looking better.

RB'S
Clinton Portis- Did okay in yardage but he had an awful lot of attempts ypc dropped dramatically!!

Willis Mcgahee- averaged 70 yds per game..and not a huge factor in the passing game, and yet SOME people think he is gonna carry their team???

TE
Jeremy Shockey- This is the easiest one BY FAR for me!! why this guy gets the credit he does is beyond me, he has huge drops and doesnt produce the big #'s that about 5 other TE's do who are better.

WR'S
Lavernous Coles- As a finfan I loved the trade with Washington atleast Santana can return punts!!

Hines Ward- He is solid and clutch but his production has and will continue to drop...time for double teams hines!! Although I like his passion for the game.

Dennis Northcutt- LOL if any of you saw the contract the clowns gave him..you'd know what I meant!! A James Mcknight wwith return skills.

Marty Booker- Hate to say it..hope Im wrong but man the guy just doesnt impress me(please prove me wrong)

DL

Aaron Smith- benefits greatly from an aggressive scheme wich allows him to get decent numbers

John Abraham-to one dimensional right now you gotta do more than get sacks

Simeon Rice- Also too 1 dimensional and only forced one TO this year with 40 tackles....not worthy.

Greg Ellis- why is this guy in the Pro Bowl??

LB's

Morlon Greenwood- Ofcourse he jumped on that offer Dom Capers is trying to outsmart himself there!

Ray Lewis- he still is making tackles but for what many consider the best def.player in the game..you gotta make more BIG plays..last year 1 FF, 0 int's

E.Hartwell- basically with all the attention on ray and company..you shoukd do better than that

DB's

Chris Mcallister-I agree with C.Chambers on this one

Champ Bailey- for being the "best" he sure got torched alot

Anthony Henry- This guy was beaten for ATLEAST 8 td's and abused all season...so he goes and gets a 13 million dollar signing bonus??

(Sam Madison saved himself from this list with an impressive year last season)

Kicker- They change like the wind!! Grmatica from the best to a backup..might be Mare.......

..too tired to finish the rest....later ya'll:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

This might be the worst post EVER!!! Hines Ward Overrated?!?!?!? R U Serious?!?!?! Not only is he a top 10 WR, he's by far the best blocking WR in the game!!! Mike Vick not on that list and Donovan is?!?!?! Ray lewis is on the Overrated list along with Hartwell(Ed Hartwell is on an Overrated list, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha)?!?!?

Sam Madison saved himself from what?!?!? He had 0 INT's!!!
Let me repeat that......ZERO Int's !!!!!
I think he has no more than 13 Int's since 2000......Champ Bailey has over 16 Int's since 2000!!! Dude do some research before you post threads like this!!!!

dolfreak said:
This might be the worst post EVER!!! Hines Ward Overrated?!?!?!? R U Serious?!?!?! Not only is he a top 10 WR, he's by far the best blocking WR in the game!!! Mike Vick not on that list and Donovan is?!?!?! Ray lewis is on the Overrated list along with Hartwell(Ed Hartwell is on an Overrated list, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha)?!?!?

Sam Madison saved himself from what?!?!? He had 0 INT's!!!
Let me repeat that......ZERO Int's !!!!!
I think he has no more than 13 Int's since 2000......Champ Bailey has over 16 Int's since 2000!!! Dude do some research before you post threads like this!!!!

SCrew you come to Cbus and talk to me about it!!! Save your large fonts geek and there is more to foootball than stats...playmakers are who flourish in this league...Mcnaab doesnt deserve as much credit as people like YOU give him!!! Just ask his WR's

tay0365 said:

shula wouldn't have won w/ those Bills teams, his time was past by the time the Bills started going to SBs.

i think you are wrong about mcgahee he is gonna be a stud, also kyle boller never had a WR he could throw the ball to, except for todd heap, so i will judge him after this season

Back
Top Bottom