If Rosen progresses trade the 1st pick for a ransom | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Rosen progresses trade the 1st pick for a ransom

He didn’t get touched in that first half. We were blowing them off the line in the run game. It looked worse in the second half because Rosen shats his pants at the sign of any pressure. The int he threw he had zero pressure.
They had lots of guys staying in to block. That’s why Rosen “wasn’t touched”. There aren’t too many receiving options though when lots of guys block.

Damn those are better than Brady's numbers 18/39 for 150yds, 0 tds and 1 int.
It's not Brady's fault that his receivers and Oline didn't help him out. That's what I've gathered from reading this board.

Rosen looks really good. I still want to draft a Qb next year at #1. I don't care who it is. I'm going to trust the staff to get an elite prospect in here to compete. That's 2 elite prospects at Qb

If Risen plays better each week and shows progression, with a better o line he could be great. I say trade our first pick for a ransom and build around him.

What's the rush to trade him? He's under contract for a few years for peanuts and no guaranteed money. He's 22. Let him continue to develop under our coaching staff and sell high once you're sure you have a franchise QB.

Best case scenario is you end up with two franchise QBs and you can trade one for two first round picks minimum. Either that or an elite young player plus picks.

Last edited:
Rosen is playing like an all pro. Definitely going to get us 6 or 7 wins this year. I knew this kid would be a star

I'm pretty sure this is sarcasm, because anything else would would continue my loss in faith in Dolphins fans.

I've already seen enough posts about trading the number 1 pick to begin to believe that there are a good number of fans who really want a lifetime of 8-8 seasons. They are grasping for the hope that they can one day see the team barely get in the playoffs only to get trounced in the Wildcard round. Nothing else makes sense.

Rosen played like an "all-pro", yet people will **** on what Tua is doing.

There has to be a better place to discuss Dolphins football.

Not half of a half as bad as this love affair with Tua...who we might not be in position to get unless we mortgage some/most of our draft capital to outbid the next man.

Josh Rosen has done nothing in his collegiate nor professional career to understand your undying devotion to the man.

Josh Rosen has done nothing in his collegiate nor professional career to understand your undying devotion to the man.
He must have done something in his collegiate career to be the 10 pick in the draft.

His NFL career has been with the Cardinals who traded him off for another QB who can't win with that team, and a team who is tanking and has traded away some of their talented players.

Not sure how anyone can expect him to be anything more than what he has been. I'm sure if you put him on the Patriots he would look just fine.

Its going to be tough to get a feel for him until he is put into a position to succeed.

First of all, look at Rosen's stats at UCLA, with a WR corp that produced a 5th rounder and a 7th rounder. They were good enough for first round consideration regardless of the trade up.

It was mentioned somewhere on this board to the effect that if the two were switched this weekend, Rosen would have a better chance of throwing 6 TDs than Tua would have scoring more than 10 points against the Chargers. Let's expand on that...if Tua had transferred to USC as he said he had considered, is he still getting the suck off he's been getting on this board?

That said, I have no devotion...my knees are clean in regards to my support of Rosen. My support of Rosen comes from me seeing how he handles the hand that is dealt to him while playing in the NFL (tangible evidence).

Yeah, it’s a great situation to be in. If Rosen keeps playing as well as he did today, I can see us flipping him for another first before his contract expires.
I could see Chicago or the Vikings getting super agressive come March. One of those "too far out of qb territory" teams in the mid rounds will pony up a high ransom. It depends if he shows enough and if Flores wants to keep him if we still get tua.

I still want to see Josh get consistent. I'm not sure why their is such a drop off after the first half. A lot of variables are to be determined. That doesn't mean people are not seeing his talent around the nfl

If Rosen progresses maybe Miami will score 3 points in the second half.

Back
Top Bottom