If Saban leaves, who are the choices....? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Saban leaves, who are the choices....?

I say Al Saunders from Washington or hope Mora leaves Atlanta.

Bill Cowher...the chin.

Yes. Cowhers. NOT another college coach. Someone mentioned Dennis Green? Please tell me you're joking. If you want good post-game quotes, hire Jim Mora Sr.... "PLAYOFFS?! You're asking me about PLAYOFFS?!"
Otherwise, no to Capers or any defense-minded coach. I wish Linehan was still here so Saban could leave, and we had him...

Firstly, Saban wont leave. Hes been here for two years and knows that in two years your not going to take the Dolphins to the Super Bowl especially with the state of the team when he took over. If the entire world didnt think we were going all the way this season then these talks wouldnt even be. Every one over rated Miami this season and now every one thinks Saban will leave. Well hes not. BUT, should he, we should go get Butch Davis.:dolphins:

Charlie Weiss anyone? not neccessarily saying i want him but just throwing him out there

Firstly, Saban wont leave. Hes been here for two years and knows that in two years your not going to take the Dolphins to the Super Bowl especially with the state of the team when he took over. If the entire world didnt think we were going all the way this season then these talks wouldnt even be. Every one over rated Miami this season and now every one thinks Saban will leave. Well hes not. BUT, should he, we should go get Butch Davis.:dolphins:

didnt butch just sign with UNC a few months ago?

Ferenz of Iowa

Don't give him GM power though. Hire a strong GM and put a system in place so no one person (ala Saban) can totally screw over an organization if they leave

Ferenz of Iowa

Don't give him GM power though. Hire a strong GM and put a system in place so no one person (ala Saban) can totally screw over an organization if they leave

I agree about the division of power. That approach also allows the coach to focus on coaching instead of wasting precious time dealing with personnel issues. While the coach should have input (if you are gonna ask me to make the dinner you should let me pick the groceries), the bulk of the work as well as final say should be with the GM.
Along those lines....isnt Ron Wolfe still out there? I know he snubbed us before, but the man can pick talent.

MIKE MARTZ!!!! He made Roy Williams and Kevin Jones studs this year, with a horrible O line (sound familiar?) and KITNA at QB!

IF and thats a big IF... Saban were to leave...which Im convinced hes not....I wouldnt want to see another college coach..no matter who it is...even Rich Rod..and as a WVU fan...I love Rich....

But I dont want to hear another..."I miss teaching young kids....blah..blah..blah" I want a died in the wool NFL coach. Either Cowher..or Jeff Fisher. Or.....if you want to really know what I want...

Rehire The Don..(hes not to old by the way)..keep Mueller at GM..and bring in Marino to be OC. If that happened....which it never will....id keel over in giddyness!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom