If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
After some deliberation, I actually want to rescind my vote for Tony Romo.

I don't want Cutler, Romo, or Kap to sign on this team. The Dolphins have said Moore will start, meaning we are signing a media circus type of player to be a backup. That's a recipe for disaster, and if that QB does wind up starting at some point, the story of the 2017 Dolphins becomes that mercenary quarterback, rather than Adam Gase's 53 man football team.

I don't know about you, but that's not what I'm looking for out of this season.

Neat. I'd rather have a better chance at winning games than worrying about some dramatic story line.

Neat. I'd rather have a better chance at winning games than worrying about some dramatic story line.

Nope. Better to start Moore. Don't even give him competition. Not to mention backup QBs get injured, too. Fans would rather potentially lose more games with Moore rather than look for a better backup. Makes me wonder why people don't want him. Pretty strange, especially when you consider fans always want the best players available and competition.

Typical.

Matt Moore has always been my guy, he's earned his chance but if he doesn't click I would give Kap a try.

You have to go with Moore. He's earned it.
Moore has earned the ability to compete for the starting job. He has not earned a starting job. If he did, he would be starting and not backing up. Let him earn it by beating out someone not because of injury.

Too many things against him, he is too controversial, (The kneeling, The Castro tee in Miami good luck on that, some supposed incidents in 9ers locker room with teammates), and is too much about himself.

Miami with Gase, finally has control, the team is very united, nothing horrible written about them, he would disrupt the chemistry it took Gase most of the last year to get.

Ross may say he should get a shot, but in the end, after talking to his people, especially his HC, there is very little chance such a polarizing, me figure like Kap would ever go to Miami...Even if he is probably by far the best talent out there to bring in.

I guess the team could also make him sign a contract, that the moment he does anything to draw attention to himself, rather then the team in a bad way, Miami could cancel his contract, and release him, but I doubt Miami would even go that far.

You want to know what kills chemistry more than someone that took a stand for what he believed in......LOSING! I am here for football and I want my Phins to continue the trend of winning!

all the fans riot about kaep, meanwhile the players would love him.....

the kid has a chip the size of montana on his shoulder and was 1 game away from having a ring....if you want to throw in the towel and call this season a wash, start moore for 16...if you want to let your team know that you think this roster can go out there and win games? you sign kaep and work him in with the playbook...maybe you spark something...

cutler, romo?...you gotta be kidding me

The more I think about it, the more I think that we may end up with a reasonably-cheaply-acquired Brock Osweiller backing up either Tannehill or Moore. He and Gase have had a mutual admiration society. Before the disastrous Houston season, Gase, as his QC and then OC was singing his praises. So they have worked together well.

With all the talk that Gase would have accepted a SF HC position with Kaepernick, was a major difference in Jay Cutler's performance, worked wonders with Tannehill and could do the same with either of those other 2, Osweiller is being overlooked. It's reasonable to believe that based on Adam's first hand observations, he would have the belief that he could make those same impactful differences with Osweiller.

Now I know he's the least favorable preference, but based on positive past association, ease of acquisition, likelihood that Cleveland would eat most of his comp, it certainly is within the realm of possibility.

vis a vis:
: Feb. 2, 2016 at 01:01 p.m.
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Brock Osweiler spent plenty of time during Opening Night praising a Broncos coaching staff that helped guide Denver to the Super Bowl in Gary Kubiak's first season.

"First off, I love coach Gase," Osweiler said Monday. "He's a tremendous coach and a tremendous person and I'm sure he'll do great things down in Miami."

"Absolutely," Osweiler said, emphasizing that nobody should be surprised about Gase's rapid rise. "I think coach Gase is one of the most brilliant minds in football, so having him be the head coach of the Miami Dolphins now does not come as a surprise to me."

Osweiler went out of his way to credit Gase with helping him adjust to the NFL world. If Miami's coach can do the same for Tannehill, his reputation as a quarterback whisperer will be carved into stone.

Mar 21, 2016
Tania Ganguli
ESPN Staff Writer
When Dolphins head coach Adam Gase was the Denver quarterbacks coach, he saw a future for Brock Osweiler as the Broncos' next starting quarterback.

"He was very mature for a young kid," Gase said during the NFL owners meetings in Boca Raton. "His biggest thing he was trying to work on was his mechanics and how to be a quarterback. He knew that he had time to do that behind Peyton [Manning]. That was one of the reasons we wanted to draft him, we knew his work ethic was off the charts. We knew he was smart. We knew he understood his role that was going to happen in the organization.

"He was the right guy for that kind of role for us, but we had great confidence he was going to be the next guy for us as well. It just worked out different than probably a lot of people foresaw."

As it worked out, Osweiler spent his rookie contract with the Broncos, then left to join the Houston Texans for a four-year deal worth $72 million, with $37 million guaranteed. Osweiler will be the next guy for the Texans, a team that has struggled to find an answer at the position.

The Broncos drafted him in the second round after just one year of starting at Arizona State. One of the things that impressed Gase in the pre-draft preparation was how much progress Osweiler made in working on his mechanics.

"He was more of a side arm guy coming out of Arizona State and he was really working mechanically to become more of an over-the-top, three-quarters passer," Gase said. "Just to see his development during that time, we felt really good with his throws and his accuracy. And I know it was kind of like a pro-day type mentality, but he showed us enough to where we saw he was making progress."

Once drafted, Osweiler continued to impress Gase.

"All the other guys on the team offense and defense, respected Brock," he said. "For him to do that just shows you what kind of person and what kind of player those guys felt like he was."

and an outside opinion advocating trading for Osweiller:
Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill suffered a non-contact knee injury, and while the team waits for official word on his status for the season, here’s a name you won’t hear while social media freaks out over Colin Kaepernick’s chances: Brock Osweiler.

Laugh all you want about his struggles in Houston last year, but this is what matters more than any of his ugly stats or tape: Osweiler and Miami coach Adam Gase have a relationship dating back to Denver.

A year ago, before Osweiler flopped in Houston, here’s what Gase had to say about him:

“His biggest thing he was trying to work on was his mechanics and how to be a quarterback. He knew that he had time to do that behind Peyton [Manning]. That was one of the reasons we wanted to draft him, we knew his work ethic was off the charts. We knew he was smart. We knew he understood his role that was going to happen in the organization.

“He was the right guy for that kind of role for us, but we had great confidence he was going to be the next guy for us as well. It just worked out different than probably a lot of people foresaw.”

Would he gush in the same manner today? Maybe Osweiler just wasn’t in the right system in Houston. He definitely had the right weapons.

All of this sets up Cleveland perfectly to unload Osweiler to the desperate Dolphins, who want to reach the playoffs again. The Browns can slide 2nd round pick Deshone Kizer into the starting spot.
http://thebiglead.com/2017/08/03/th...om-adam-gase-loves-not-sign-colin-kaepernick/

Back
Top Bottom