If the BCS is smart . . .It would put Florida in the Title Game!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the BCS is smart . . .It would put Florida in the Title Game!!

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
Simply put, if u take Florida over Michigan . . . there would be much less contraversy (sp?). Florida is a Conference Champion, has played a tougher schedule and didn't lose to the team they would face in the title game. Yea Michigan's only loss was on the road by 3 to the number one team, but truth be told, they are NOT a conference champion and the Big 10 doesn't compare to the SEC in conference strength . . . especially with Florida's brutal schedule.

I think they throw Michigan in there, and I kinda hope they do, because then I believe it truly would be obvious to go a different direction when it comes to determining the College Football Champs. Everybody always talks about "The BCS finds a way to work itself out" . . . if they screw the SEC again, that will be the end of it, IMO.

If Florida was the consensus #2, they'd be in the title game. You have beef with the college ranking system, not the BCS. If Florida gets in the title game, it will be because of the BCS, but if the BCS does it's job, Michigan would be in the title game, because they are ranked higher.

Kdawg954 said:
Actually, I don't like the Gators at all . . . . Fan of the "U" here.

Why would you want UF playing for a national title then? I'm getting nauseous just thinking about them having two titles in one year.

I would rather see Florida too, and I think it's gonna happen. I don't see why it shouldn't, since they've survived a tougher schedule (margin of victory aside). I accepted the argument that USC deserved it if they beat UCLA, but I don't understand why Michigan deserves it for losing to Ohio State, then being idle.
The BCS is a mess. There will be less controversy if they send Florida to the big game because Michigan got their shot. It'll be Ohio State and Florida.

kpcane said:
Why would you want UF playing for a national title then? I'm getting nauseous just thinking about them having two titles in one year.

I don't "want" Florida to be in there, I said it would be better for the BCS if they got in. Honestly I want Michigan in the title game, because it would mark the second time the SEC got shafted by the BCS, and I truly think that would spark the fire to end the BCS nonsense and maybe come up with a valid playoff system, or something of the sort. Playoffs brackets are used VERY successfully in every other major team sport . . . I can't comprehend why it wouldn't work in college football.

kpcane said:
If Florida was the consensus #2, they'd be in the title game. You have beef with the college ranking system, not the BCS. If Florida gets in the title game, it will be because of the BCS, but if the BCS does it's job, Michigan would be in the title game, because they are ranked higher.

U being a fellow Cane fan, u remember when UM I believe was ranked 2nd in the country back in 2000, beat FSU, but the BCS had FSU ranked number 2 still over them and UM got shafted and we saw FSU lose to Oklahoma I believe. The BCS has been a flawed system from the beginning and college football needs a playoff system.

How did Florida play a tougher schedule than Michigan?

ND, OSU, Wisconsin are esentially 3 Top 10 teams

There is no question in my mind Florida should be in the title game, and no I'm not a Gator fan. They finished FIRST in the toughest conference in the country, Michigan finished SECOND in their conference.

Michigan HAD THEIR SHOT AND BLEW IT against Ohio St. Somebody else deserves a chance. If the BCS puts a team that finished second in its conference over a team that won the toughest conference in the land, then it is indeed a joke.

The good thing about this is it really is a nightmare scenario for the BCS, and could hopefully initiate the process of a playoff. I mean, how easy would it be to play one more game? I don't understand it, although I'm sure it had to do with money.

MikeO said:

U named 3 teams . . . ND lost badly twice and should have lost against UCLA and Ga Tech. Wisconsin played nobody . . . and yea OSU is the number 1 ranked team but they beat a Texas team who hasn't looked great recently either. I wouldn't say ND or Wisconsin are top 10, but that is my opinion.

Florida played Tenn, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, Bama, Georgia, FSU, a tuff South Carolina team a fiesty Kentucky team. . . that is a sick schedule, even if some of those teams are having down years . . . that still IMO beats Michigan and Ohio States schedule, and nobody is gonna tell me any different.

MikeO said:

the irish...they are a joke. creampuff schedule. got killed by USC and Michigan and played creampuffs after that.

MikeO said:

Notre Dame? They aren't even that good. They played two good teams and were pasted both times.

I think we're going to see a number of Harris poll voters have a change of heart and have Florida jump Michigan. With the computers likely to give Florida a slight edge, that should put them over the top.

A Michigan-OSU rematch with a pefectly valid one loss conference champ left out in the cold would spark too much controversy. Nobody wants to take the risk of having the AP crown their own champ again and make a total mockery of the BCS.

Personally speaking, though, I want Florida to be left out because:

1) Might bring us one step closer to a playoff.

2) Florida going to the Sugar sends LSU to the Rose to beat down USC!

I don't understand how money is even an issue. If they play an extra that generates even more revenue. And the nonsense that they don't want football players missing more classes, if I remeber correctly Football players miss the least amount of classes then any other sport.

Back
Top Bottom