If the BCS is smart . . .It would put Florida in the Title Game!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the BCS is smart . . .It would put Florida in the Title Game!!

the bcs needs to be scrapped it is utterly useless

no way should michigan get in, they had there shot and could not win their conference, the gators won theirs

plus if michigan got in and beat osu, should osu get a rematch?

i would have been fine if usc won and got to go, but now usc and michigan could not take care of business, florida now deserves the shot

I'm not a Gator fan, but write it in my blood. The Gators deserve to be in the Nat'l championship game. **** SOS. **** where and when Michigan lost. Florida deserve it.

If Florida doesn't get in, the NCAA should just proclaim that an SEC team isn't allowed a shot at the championship anymore. Winning the toughest conference with the toughest schedule in the land with only one loss isn't good enough, and hey going undefeated in the toughest conference like Auburn did isn't good enough either.

phinman1 said:
If Florida doesn't get in, the NCAA should just proclaim that an SEC team isn't allowed a shot at the championship anymore. Winning the toughest conference with the toughest schedule in the land with only one loss isn't good enough, and hey going undefeated in the toughest conference like Auburn did isn't good enough either.
lol

If UF doesn't get in the NC game, then all of the "toughest conference" talk by the media amounts to no more than lip service.

That this is even a controversy is disgusting. I'm in no way a Florida fan, but they finished atop the hardest conference in football. It's pathetic the way the SEC is treated like the ******* stepchild of college football because the voters have a hardon for the Pac 10, Big Ten, and Big 12. Look at the treatment of LSU and of Auburn in recent years and tell me that's not a crime.

Jimmy James said:
That this is even a controversy is disgusting. I'm in no way a Florida fan, but they finished atop the hardest conference in football. It's pathetic the way the SEC is treated like the ******* stepchild of college football because the voters have a hardon for the Pac 10, Big Ten, and Big 12. Look at the treatment of LSU and of Auburn in recent years and tell me that's not a crime.

The BCS needs to go.

DeathStar said:
****ing ESPN is going to have lloyd carr on sports center to plead his case...thats ****ing bull****...they should give urban equal time to also plead his case....i guarantee you that voters will be watching tonight's sportscenter and its bull**** that they will hear michigan's side without hearing florida's dude.

ESPN sucks. we know what matchup they want.
Relax bro. Urban was on about 5 minutes later. :wink:

This will all work itself out. We'll know tomorrow evening.

jpcdolphan said:
As an avowed BCS hater, I'll be very happy with a big controversial decision. Turns up the heat a little more for a playoff. Maybe not next year or the year after or even the year after that, but hopefully one day...

Trust me in saying that if Florida gets snubbed the oppurtunity to play for the NC, the BCS may be gone as soon as next year . . . there will be tons of criticism . . . and i think this afternoon Florida will get snubbed because everyone said before the game even happened that if USC lost and Florida won, Michigan would rank higher on the computers . . . I'm like u, I hope it happens because this sports needs a playoff, not a luck fest.

Right now we should be headed into a playoff.

1. Ohio State (Big 10 Champ)
8. Wake Forest (ACC Champ)

4. Louiville (Big East Champ)
5. LSU (Wild Card #2)

3. Michigan (Wild Card #1)
6. USC (Pac-10 Champ)

2. Florida (SEC Champ)
7. Oklahoma (Big 12 Champ)

Sure we snub teams like Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Boise State, but its better than snubbing a top team like Florida or Michigan the "opportunity" to play for the championship. It's a much better alternative.

The Gators just played the toughest schedule in the nation, and won the SEC Championship. They deserve to play Ohio State for the National Championship as a result. No question about it in my opinion. And yes, I'm a very proud Gators fan!! :cpatch:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Kdawg954 said:
Trust me in saying that if Florida gets snubbed the oppurtunity to play for the NC, the BCS may be gone as soon as next year . . . there will be tons of criticism . . . and i think this afternoon Florida will get snubbed because everyone said before the game even happened that if USC lost and Florida won, Michigan would rank higher on the computers . . . I'm like u, I hope it happens because this sports needs a playoff, not a luck fest.

Right now we should be headed into a playoff.

1. Ohio State (Big 10 Champ)
8. Wake Forest (ACC Champ)

4. Louiville (Big East Champ)
5. LSU (Wild Card #2)

3. Michigan (Wild Card #1)
6. USC (Pac-10 Champ)

2. Florida (SEC Champ)
7. Oklahoma (Big 12 Champ)

Sure we snub teams like Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Boise State, but its better than snubbing a top team like Florida or Michigan the "opportunity" to play for the championship. It's a much better alternative.
That would be a pretty solid playoff :up: I would even have a provision that would allow a conference champion to be snubbed (i.e. Wake Forest) if they fail to attain a predetermined BCS ranking in favor of a Boise State.

finswin56 said:
That would be a pretty solid playoff :up: I would even have a provision that would allow a conference champion to be snubbed (i.e. Wake Forest) if they fail to attain a predetermined BCS ranking in favor of a Boise State.

Yea, I mean I think it would be hard to leave out a BCS conference champion . . . especially for a non BCS team . . but I see what u are saying (I think Wake Forest possibly moves into the top 12, possibly top 10 today, so it will look better for them). But a playoff just needs to happen . . . if they gotta shorten the season a game or 2, then whatever . . . . I guess the only concern would be if u have 2 undefeated teams (obvious 1 and 2's) and we go into a playoff and one loses early, but hey . . . just means they weren't as good as advertised I guess.

Kdawg954 said:
Yea, I mean I think it would be hard to leave out a BCS conference champion . . . especially for a non BCS team . . but I see what u are saying (I think Wake Forest possibly moves into the top 12, possibly top 10 today, so it will look better for them). But a playoff just needs to happen . . . if they gotta shorten the season a game or 2, then whatever . . . . I guess the only concern would be if u have 2 undefeated teams (obvious 1 and 2's) and we go into a playoff and one loses early, but hey . . . just means they weren't as good as advertised I guess.
Yup, that's the whole point of a playoff. Win it on the field.
If Wake stays in the top 16, the I would say they're in too. If they would have lost to GT, then that's a case where I could have seen a conference champ veto take place.

phinman1 said:

A thought (not looking for a war or a huge arguement here) ......maybe this "toughest" conference thing is a little overrated!! Maybe some of those teams just aren't as good as everyone thinks and its more preception than reality.

I mean the SEC teams get passed over year after year by the BCS in some way shape or form.......obviously someone or something (computers) have found the flaw!

Just a theory.

Jimmy James said:

And the SEC conference voted against an "PLUS +1" game ...........they have nobody to blame but themselves.

They were the ones trying to drum up enough votes to prevent a PLUS +1 game, so.......oh well. Can't cry now...:boohoo:

Kdawg954 said:

So it's ok to "SNUB" teams as long as its not your team???? :confused:

Let's just make the rules for the "BIG" schools and make it next to impossible for the little guy??

Bottom line your playoff scenerio isn't bad. Take the 6 BCS CONFERENCE CHAMPS (no matter what their record is, win your conference...your in) then have 2 at large. But 1 of those at large MUST go to a school like "Boise" if they have a year like they did this year. Otherwise more lawsuits come from the WAC, MAC, C-USA,..etc and the NCAA or BCS can't win those lawsuits!!!!!!!! And the OTHER at large must go to Notre Dame if they met a certain critera, which they did meet this year.

Meaning, this year........probably LSU and Mich would have been left out. And people would be saying.......how can you have a playoff with no Michigan who is ranked #2.

It's a no win situation

Back
Top Bottom