If the BCS is smart . . .It would put Florida in the Title Game!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the BCS is smart . . .It would put Florida in the Title Game!!

ND lost badly twice and should have lost against UCLA and Ga Tech

Lets not play that game unless you want to argue that UF should have lost against SC.

I agree with your original post though

DonShula84 said:
Lets not play that game unless you want to argue that UF should have lost against SC.

Understandable, but when u lose twice . . . bad like ND did, u can throw in the other close losses that COULD of happened. Florida didn't lose bad to anybody and showed grit by winning out some of those other games . . . shows the mark of a good team. I just don't think ND is a top 10 team, I thought they were, but I guess its true what they say in that u have to wait until the season is over to really judge teams.

finattic79 said:
I don't understand how money is even an issue. If they play an extra that generates even more revenue. And the nonsense that they don't want football players missing more classes, if I remeber correctly Football players miss the least amount of classes then any other sport.

Why the NCAA doesn't go to a playoff is beyond me. If I had to guess it has to do with the stogies who run the big bowls. You can still keep the tradition of the bowls going by making them a part of the playoff. The Rose, Sugar, Fiesta and Orange can rotate like they do now and host the semi's and the finals with say 4 teams. The interest in the bowls would go even higher because each bowl game includes a potential National Champ.

kpcane said:
Why would you want UF playing for a national title then? I'm getting nauseous just thinking about them having two titles in one year.
Is that post a complete joke?

You think UF shouldn't get to play for the title because they won in basketball?

I am praying that people like you aren't the ones making the decisions in the polls, because it would be a complete mockery of a system if they did.

phinman1 said:
Why the NCAA doesn't go to a playoff is beyond me. If I had to guess it has to do with the stogies who run the big bowls. You can still keep the tradition of the bowls going by making them a part of the playoff. The Rose, Sugar, Fiesta and Orange can rotate like they do now and host the semi's and the finals with say 4 teams. The interest in the bowls would go even higher because each bowl game includes a potential National Champ.

Completely agree, thats exactly how they should handle it. Either way I think its win-win situation for Florida, if we don't get in, it sucks, but would almost assure a playoff system would be worked out this offseason. If they get in, it saves the BCS some face, but still think still will prolly attempt to make a playoff system.

Kdawg954 said:
Understandable, but when u lose twice . . . bad like ND did, u can throw in the other close losses that COULD of happened. Florida didn't lose bad to anybody and showed grit by winning out some of those other games . . . shows the mark of a good team. I just don't think ND is a top 10 team, I thought they were, but I guess its true what they say in that u have to wait until the season is over to really judge teams.

I agree completely that UF deserves to be in the title game, and that their schedule was more difficult than Michigans. I think beating ND in South Bend, something Michigan hasnt done often in recent years, is still a good win for UM. Especially how they beat us. That isnt to say that ND isnt a little overrated, but it's still a good win.

For me it's this easy. SEC champ vs runner up in the Big Ten. End of story, UF to Glendale.

Phinz420 said:
Is that post a complete joke?

You think UF shouldn't get to play for the title because they won in basketball?

I am praying that people like you aren't the ones making the decisions in the polls, because it would be a complete mockery of a system if they did.

Yes, I think UF should not get a shot at the national title because they won in basketball. And I also have a vote in the Harris poll.

Kdawg954 said:
U being a fellow Cane fan, u remember when UM I believe was ranked 2nd in the country back in 2000, beat FSU, but the BCS had FSU ranked number 2 still over them and UM got shafted and we saw FSU lose to Oklahoma I believe. The BCS has been a flawed system from the beginning and college football needs a playoff system.

I didn't follow the Canes back then before I actually went here, but I do remember that and that's when the BCS shafted us. But I'm saying if Michigan, the #2 team in the country, doesn't get in, then they'd be getting shafted. If UF gets in, it should only be because they are voted #2 by the voters, and not by the computers.

DonShula84 said:
I agree completely that UF deserves to be in the title game, and that their schedule was more difficult than Michigans. I think beating ND in South Bend, something Michigan hasnt done often in recent years, is still a good win for UM. Especially how they beat us. That isnt to say that ND isnt a little overrated, but it's still a good win.

For me it's this easy. SEC champ vs runner up in the Big Ten. End of story, UF to Glendale.

Yep, nah in no circumstance am I saying that Michigan's win @ ND is a good win . . . it was a fantastic win . . . but someone stated that Michigans schedule was tuffer than Florida's and I think that is a crazy statement. I don't even like Florida, and they have eeked out SEVERAL games this year, but they won those games and they are conference champs in what is generally considered the TUFFEST conference in the country and they are gonna get snubbed by a team who placed 2nd in their conference. Just crazy.

DonShula84 said:

I don't agree with that. Notre Dame should have lost to UCLA. Their coach choked big time in that game. ND was very, very fortunate.

kpcane said:
I didn't follow the Canes back then before I actually went here, but I do remember that and that's when the BCS shafted us. But I'm saying if Michigan, the #2 team in the country, doesn't get in, then they'd be getting shafted. If UF gets in, it should only be because they are voted #2 by the voters, and not by the computers.

But that is the whole point . . . why even depend on these dumb computers to determine the 2 best teams. Go with the top 8 teams (IMO, the 6 conference champs and 2 Wildcard teams) and just do a playoff. Who cares if we snub a team who feels like they should have been in the top 8, its better than snubbing a team who should be in the top 2 . . . because the top 2 and 6 others would be getting a chance at the title. Its the only way to do it.

^ I completely agree. This system should not exsist, there must be a playoff system.

There would be a huge uproar if UF does not get in.

****ing ESPN is going to have lloyd carr on sports center to plead his case...thats ****ing bull****...they should give urban equal time to also plead his case....i guarantee you that voters will be watching tonight's sportscenter and its bull**** that they will hear michigan's side without hearing florida's dude.

ESPN sucks. we know what matchup they want.

Here is why Michigan should NOT go:

Michigan already lost their shot against Ohio State earlier this year....so is it fair to Ohio State if they play Michigan again and lose in the rematch and see Michigan claim the national title???? NOOOOOOOO.

DeathStar said:
****ing ESPN is going to have lloyd carr on sports center to plead his case...thats ****ing bull****...they should give urban equal time to also plead his case....i guarantee you that voters will be watching tonight's sportscenter and its bull**** that they will hear michigan's side without hearing florida's dude.

ESPN sucks. we know what matchup they want.

Well, if any voter allows themselves to be swayed by any last minute plea from either Carr or Meyer, that kind of tells you what you need to know about the integrity of the BCS.

As an avowed BCS hater, I'll be very happy with a big controversial decision. Turns up the heat a little more for a playoff. Maybe not next year or the year after or even the year after that, but hopefully one day...

Back
Top Bottom