If the BCS is smart . . .It would put Florida in the Title Game!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the BCS is smart . . .It would put Florida in the Title Game!!

MikeO said:
I think FOX has it after the 4:15 NFL games end. So probably around 7 or 7:30 I think
thanks for the time and as for the bcs , contracts dont mean anything these days. when the ap poll pulled out of the bcs i'm sure they had a contract but i could be wrong. thanks again.

MikeO said:
They have that now!!!!!!!! ND can't just go to a BCS BOWL. They have to have "X" amount of wins (think its 10) and be ranked in the Top 15 of the BCS rankings or something. I'm not sure exactly what it is.

And that probably wouldn't change.
I'm not talking about keeping it status quo. If only eight teams are in this playoff, then ND must be in the top 8 at minimum.

Marino2Clayton said:
Tennessee didn't play Auburn and Florida played at Neyland Stadium.
You beat me to it, not to mention the Auburn game was at Auburn.

MikeO said:
How did Florida play a tougher schedule than Michigan?

ND, OSU, Wisconsin are esentially 3 Top 10 teams

both cbs and espn agree florida played a harder schedule. cbs had their schedules head to head and uf won 7 games to 3! USC was +1 over the gators.

MikeO said:
OK, Florida played in the SEC. And out of conference they played Central Florida, Southern Miss, and FSU that wasn't any good this year.

Tennessee for example played in the same SEC. And out of conference played CAL.

So, that alone..........Tenn played a tougher schedule than Florida!

I'm not saying Florida didn't play a "TOUGH" schedule. They did. I'm just saying they didn't play the "TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE COUNTRY" That's all!!
Doesn't matter what you say. This isn't an issue of opinion, its fact. The numbers are there, Florida played the toughest ranked schedule in the nation.

Florida #1
USC #2
Michigan #4
Tennessee #12
Ohio State #30

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/119

ercin13 said:
what time does the bcs poll get announced today? go gators. michian should have dropped at least 2 spots after losing to ohio st. they shouldn't even be #2 right now. they better get it right today or say goodbye to the bcs.
The BCS Bowl selection show is on at 7:50 pm EST on FOX today.

UF Fin Kat said:
i agree with this thread title completely.

I agree with the thread title but does anyone have any reason to believe that the BCS is smart?

MikeO said:
Didn't Florida play WESTERN CAROLINA like 2 weeks ago. Hardly the toughest conference in the country when you play an OUT OF CONFERENCE cupcake the week before thanksgiving!!!!

Get the cupcakes out of the way in Sep like every other school. Florida didn't play the toughest schedule in the nation either by far. USC's was tougher. Tennessee's was tougher. Ohio St's was tougher.. I could list a bunch of schools with tougher schedules.

Sorry pal, but you just showed your bias right there.

First of all, why does it matter when you play your cupcake game? Michigan played Ball St. in November and I don't see you complaining about that.

Second, I just want to make sure I understand you right on Ohio St. having a harder schedule. I'm going to list the ranked teams Ohio St. and UF played and then I want you to tell me how theirs is harder. (Rankings going into this weekend)

Ohio St.
@ #17 Texas
vs. #3 Michigan

UF
@ #19 Tennessee
vs. #5 LSU
@ #11 Auburn
vs. #8 Arkansas

All I know is the BCS lucked out with Rutgers losing. Because if Louisville would have been left out so Notre Dame could get in that would have been the biggest load of bull ****.

Out of those 2 spots..........

Boise would have to go. Unbeaten and small conference. You MUST include a team like that or else the lawsuits come and the BCS/NCAA can't win those lawsuits. They just can't

Well you can add a couple of more spots but maybe that would make it more of a pain in the ***.

The whole FOX pregame crew says Florida vs. OSU :D

rafael said:
I agree with the thread title but does anyone have any reason to believe that the BCS is smart?

I don't think something that isn't actually tangible can be called smart or dumb.

Stitches said:
All I know is the BCS lucked out with Rutgers losing. Because if Louisville would have been left out so Notre Dame could get in that would have been the biggest load of bull ****.

If ND gets in period it is BS . . . but there are what? 10 BCS spots now . . . so it makes it possible for 2 other teams to get in. But with the 6 conference champs, plus LSU and Michigan, that leaves 2 spots . . .so I guess they are in cuz the BCS is not gonna throw in a third SEC team (Auburn) or a third Big 10 team (Wisconsin) . . . so I guess it will be ND and Boise.

Back
Top Bottom