If the BCS is smart . . .It would put Florida in the Title Game!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the BCS is smart . . .It would put Florida in the Title Game!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
The Gators just played the toughest schedule in the nation, and won the SEC Championship. They deserve to play Ohio State for the National Championship as a result. No question about it in my opinion. And yes, I'm a very proud Gators fan!! :cpatch:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Didn't Florida play WESTERN CAROLINA like 2 weeks ago. Hardly the toughest conference in the country when you play an OUT OF CONFERENCE cupcake the week before thanksgiving!!!!

Get the cupcakes out of the way in Sep like every other school. Florida didn't play the toughest schedule in the nation either by far. USC's was tougher. Tennessee's was tougher. Ohio St's was tougher.. I could list a bunch of schools with tougher schedules.

MikeO said:
Didn't Florida play WESTERN CAROLINA like 2 weeks ago. Hardly the toughest conference in the country when you play an OUT OF CONFERENCE cupcake the week before thanksgiving!!!!

Get the cupcakes out of the way in Sep like every other school. Florida didn't play the toughest schedule in the nation either by far. USC's was tougher. Tennessee's was tougher. Ohio St's was tougher.. I could list a bunch of schools with tougher schedules.

well, lets see um... all "I" have to go on is the repeated asertion that UF did indeed play the tougest schedule... not just "your" opinion Mike...but how you arrived at the conclusion... a link perhaps...

cnc66 said:
well, lets see um... all "I" have to go on is the repeated asertion that UF did indeed play the tougest schedule... not just "your" opinion Mike...but how you arrived at the conclusion... a link perhaps...

OK, Florida played in the SEC. And out of conference they played Central Florida, Southern Miss, and FSU that wasn't any good this year.

Tennessee for example played in the same SEC. And out of conference played CAL.

So, that alone..........Tenn played a tougher schedule than Florida!

I'm not saying Florida didn't play a "TOUGH" schedule. They did. I'm just saying they didn't play the "TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE COUNTRY" That's all!!

MikeO said:
So it's ok to "SNUB" teams as long as its not your team???? :confused:

Let's just make the rules for the "BIG" schools and make it next to impossible for the little guy??

Bottom line your playoff scenerio isn't bad. Take the 6 BCS CONFERENCE CHAMPS (no matter what their record is, win your conference...your in) then have 2 at large. But 1 of those at large MUST go to a school like "Boise" if they have a year like they did this year. Otherwise more lawsuits come from the WAC, MAC, C-USA,..etc and the NCAA or BCS can't win those lawsuits!!!!!!!! And the OTHER at large must go to Notre Dame if they met a certain critera, which they did meet this year.

Meaning, this year........probably LSU and Mich would have been left out. And people would be saying.......how can you have a playoff with no Michigan who is ranked #2.

It's a no win situation

Yes, it would be tuff to leave Boise out . . . and maybe u have to leave a LSU out and put them in. . . but atleast IMO u would have a definitive National Champion when it is all said and done. I do agree that if u win your conference u are in . . . I mean I couldn't see even if Ga Tech won yesterday . . . them being ACC Champs and not getting an invite to the BCS playoff system. LSU fans would be upset . . . but I guess u have to throw Boise in there. But this is only a minor inconvience compared to snubbing teams who deserve to play in "ONE" game. It just seems like a logical way to handle the bulk load of the contreversy which is "Who should play in the BCS title game".

MikeO said:
So it's ok to "SNUB" teams as long as its not your team???? :confused:

Let's just make the rules for the "BIG" schools and make it next to impossible for the little guy??

Bottom line your playoff scenerio isn't bad. Take the 6 BCS CONFERENCE CHAMPS (no matter what their record is, win your conference...your in) then have 2 at large. But 1 of those at large MUST go to a school like "Boise" if they have a year like they did this year. Otherwise more lawsuits come from the WAC, MAC, C-USA,..etc and the NCAA or BCS can't win those lawsuits!!!!!!!! And the OTHER at large must go to Notre Dame if they met a certain critera, which they did meet this year.

Meaning, this year........probably LSU and Mich would have been left out. And people would be saying.......how can you have a playoff with no Michigan who is ranked #2.

It's a no win situation
There would be no justification for ND getting in this year. There would have to be some sort of BCS ranking involved with a minimum level of achievement. Just meeting that level shouldn't be enough with ND's performance in a year like this.
</IMG>

MikeO said:
OK, Florida played in the SEC. And out of conference they played Central Florida, Southern Miss, and FSU that wasn't any good this year.

Tennessee for example played in the same SEC. And out of conference played CAL.

So, that alone..........Tenn played a tougher schedule than Florida!

I'm not saying Florida didn't play a "TOUGH" schedule. They did. I'm just saying they didn't play the "TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE COUNTRY" That's all!!
They didn't play the SAME SEC schedule.

finswin56 said:
There would be no justification for ND getting in this year. There would have to be some sort of BCS ranking involved with a minimum level of achievement. Just meeting that level shouldn't be enough with ND's performance in a year like this.
</IMG>

They have that now!!!!!!!! ND can't just go to a BCS BOWL. They have to have "X" amount of wins (think its 10) and be ranked in the Top 15 of the BCS rankings or something. I'm not sure exactly what it is.

And that probably wouldn't change.

kpcane said:
Why would you want UF playing for a national title then? I'm getting nauseous just thinking about them having two titles in one year.

In my point of view it is like a sibling rivalry. I love Miami to death. So that naturally makes me dislike ND, all of Cali, Ohio etc. So when FSU or Florida wins at least we keep it in state. In state trophy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ohio/cali/ND trophy.

finswin56 said:
They didn't play the SAME SEC schedule.

Close enough!!! Tenn got Arkansas in the regular season. Florida didn't until the SEC title game.

Your right, Tenn had the tougher schedule there too!!

what time does the bcs poll get announced today? go gators. michian should have dropped at least 2 spots after losing to ohio st. they shouldn't even be #2 right now. they better get it right today or say goodbye to the bcs.

finswin56 said:
</IMG>

Agreed, u can't take ND over a Michigan team . . . especially when Michigan stomped them earlier this year and only has the one loss to Ohio State. Fact is u can't take all the teams . . . and I am in favor of the veto thing u were talking about but that would cause alot of stirups as well. It would have been more interesting if ND beat USC I guess. Then it would be a real battle because u would have ND, Michigan, LSU and Boise vying for 2 spots. Still I think the general public would be satisfied with the winner of the system as a "definitive" national champ.

ercin13 said:
what time does the bcs poll get announced today? go gators. michian should have dropped at least 2 spots after losing to ohio st. they shouldn't even be #2 right now. they better get it right today or say goodbye to the bcs.

BCS is going no place. Contracts are in place for a while.

SEC gets screwed over everytime yet they fight to keep the BCS. I don't see that changing again. LSU and AUburn both got screwed and the SEC fought to keep it the same esentially. Why is Florida any different?

Kdawg954 said:
Agreed, u can't take ND over a Michigan team . . . especially when Michigan stomped them earlier this year and only has the one loss to Ohio State. Fact is u can't take all the teams . . . and I am in favor of the veto thing u were talking about but that would cause alot of stirups as well. It would have been more interesting if ND beat USC I guess. Then it would be a real battle because u would have ND, Michigan, LSU and Boise vying for 2 spots. Still I think the general public would be satisfied with the winner of the system as a "definitive" national champ.

Out of those 2 spots..........

Boise would have to go. Unbeaten and small conference. You MUST include a team like that or else the lawsuits come and the BCS/NCAA can't win those lawsuits. They just can't.

Then Michigan gets in over ND and LSU. You could make the standards higher for ND to get a spot. That could be easily justified. And out of Mich or LSU......you have to take MICH!

ercin13 said:

I think FOX has it after the 4:15 NFL games end. So probably around 7 or 7:30 I think

Back
Top Bottom