If The Fins Could Have 1 More Player..who Would You Want? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If The Fins Could Have 1 More Player..who Would You Want?

one player you'd add to the fins for a super bowl run?

• peyton manning

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • eric moulds

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • randy moss

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • rich gannon

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • derrick brooks

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • donovan mcnabb

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • micheal vick

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I had to pick one I'd agree with parrothead and Z28 and pick Manning. But what I'd really like is the best pass rushing DE opposite Jason Taylor.What always happens at the end of the year.. we never get a pass rush from The D-line and we end up sending Zach on a blitz and we always get burned. By the way what ever happened to Dolphins2002?

zachseau......

Owens is NOT double teamed every play. That is one reason he is so effective. Mooch and the rest of the SF braintrust have (had?) terrific offensive schemes where they can put TO into motion or line him up in the slot or even as a TE, this almost always gets them amazing matchups with him on a NCB or LB which usually results in a big play. Another reason he is so effective is his chemistry with Garcia on a broken play.

-That is somethig Gilbride is going to do with E-mo this seson.

********NOTE I AM NOT SAYING THAT THIS IS THE ONLY REASON T.O. IS GOOD OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT SO DON'T EVEN ATTEMPT TO PUT THOSE WORDS IN MY MOUTH!

But it is a major reason for some of his success.

Originally posted by Peanut
We all know who Wanny would pick: Champ Bailey- It's obvious the man loves DBs after Fletcher over Brees.

I'd take Vick. Adding a franchise QB to this team, locks you up for a SB trip!

He picked Fletcher because we need a 3rd CB (something a lot of teams are getting in the first round now) and Brees is garbage. Have you ever seen him play in the NFL?

By the way, I wouldn't take any of the guys in the poll, I would take OT Jonathan Ogden from Baltimore. Imagine Ricky running behind this guy. It would be scary. Ogden is pure muscle.

Ricky can already run as proved by last year. O-Line and RB is not a concern (barring injury of course). WR...we do not know yet and some people would prefer a different QB over Fiedler.

Hmmm I really got to wonder about you guys. What have you all been harping for the past 2 months.

OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL OL

Give me (under contract) Orlando Pace and Jay's going to have enough time to throw those long passes everyone wants and have time to nail his gf on the 50 yard line before anyone gets to him.

A premiere LT would give Jay anywhere from half a second to a second and a half more time to throw that ball and that can make the world for a QB.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I picked Manning. Young, he's in his prime, he'd have the RB that the Colts SHOULD have picked in the draft next to him. He could get max production out of Chambers just like he got max production out of Harrison. I believe he's getting far too much ****. He's never had a good 2nd WR. Its all scrubs, who go to other places and prove that they are scrubs........

He can read a defense and make adjustments quicker than any QB I've ever seen even Danny Marino who was great at it as well.
I agree, the guy is athletic and has immense football smarts to go with his physical talents.

As far as the choices listed, what ck said.

As far as what I really feel would benefit the team in one player, what Van said.

Wow, that was easier than I thought it was going to be.

Well, if we were to go outside the list I would say either Pace or Ogden would give us the absolute edge we need to win it all, but of the guys on the list I voted for McNabb, The guy does it all (Vicklike moves out of the pocket, an incredably accurate cannon for an arm, and the greatest intestinal fortitude outside of Tennessee) McNabb would defiantely get a ring with this team.

Gotta go with either Vick or McNabb. I voted for McNabb b/c of his experience - he is in his prime right now and fits perfectly with this team. Vick still makes a lot of mistakes and has some off games throwing - so if we want to be consistent, McNabb has the edge.

With McNabb, we would not need anyone else.

The biggest Q on this team is the Q-B. I like Fiedler but he has to be healthy and more consistent if we are going to go all the way, imo.

I saw that there was a poll... I thought for sure Pace or Ogden would be on there. I don't care who you are or what you do, behind a guy like Orlando Pace the whole offense will improve. Running game and Passing game both. I think O-Line is the heart of an offense... An offense can be good without a great O-Line... but a good offense becomes a great one with a great O-Line

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
zachseau......

Owens is NOT double teamed every play. That is one reason he is so effective. Mooch and the rest of the SF braintrust have (had?) terrific offensive schemes where they can put TO into motion or line him up in the slot or even as a TE, this almost always gets them amazing matchups with him on a NCB or LB which usually results in a big play. Another reason he is so effective is his chemistry with Garcia on a broken play.

-That is somethig Gilbride is going to do with E-mo this seson.

********NOTE I AM NOT SAYING THAT THIS IS THE ONLY REASON T.O. IS GOOD OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT SO DON'T EVEN ATTEMPT TO PUT THOSE WORDS IN MY MOUTH!

But it is a major reason for some of his success.

Uhhh..ok

San Francisco Times:
"Owens had another big night. He caught 13 passes for 166 yards and two touchdowns. He went over 1,000 yards receiving for the third consecutive season. He put on a prime time show. To which the Eagles said: scoreboard.

"They double-teamed me a lot," Owens said. "When they double-team me, we have to be confident in other players to make a play."

Footballguys.com

"WR: Terrell Owens - drew double teams, even on first down. In the end zone, Owens was triple teamed. "

San Francisco Examiner
"Rhodes will probably employ a defense similar to the one used by the Giants, who double- and triple-teamed 49ers receiver Terrell Owens. New York rolled coverage to Owens on every play, daring quarterback Jeff Garcia to throw to him.

"Do we expect it? Yes, absolutely," Mariucci said. "It's been the case with T.O. last year and it was the case with Jerry (Rice) prior to that."

I could keep going...but why....

Heart, Toughness, Accuracy, Experience & Leadership......gimmie D-Mac.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I picked Manning. Young, he's in his prime, he'd have the RB that the Colts SHOULD have picked in the draft next to him. He could get max production out of Chambers just like he got max production out of Harrison. I believe he's getting far too much ****. He's never had a good 2nd WR. Its all scrubs, who go to other places and prove that they are scrubs. It turns out that Manning was the one making Dilger look good. He's a team player, he's smart as heck, humble...doesn't get in trouble with the law and you'll never have to worry about him bearing a bunch of illegitimate children or getting into some kind of trouble off the field.

He's got a strong arm. He's DAMN accurate. He's probably one of if not the best play-action man in all of the NFL. He is excellent at not taking sacks a la Dan Marino. He's only taking a bunch of crap because he hasn't brought his team to the big show yet but if you think about it, how is it his fault anymore than Marino's fault? When they did have good offensive players, the defense was one of the worst in the league...not to mention they had a head coach known for not being able to win playoff games (and they replaced him with Dungy...oh the irony). The guy hasn't thrown for less than 4000 yards since his rookie year! And he's had at least 26 TDs in every season he's played. Sorry, but this is the guy who is proven that he can do his thing consistently, that he can STAY healthy, that he can stand in the pocket and make plays even without great offensive weaponry. Let me put it to you this way. If Peyton Manning has a stable 17 year career...you know, like Marino did, then Peyton Manning at this current pace throws for over 70,000 yards and 470 TDs. I know he won't stay at this pace, but he guy has only been in the league 5 years now and he's in his prime.

Peyton Manning + Norv Turner = Super Bowl

Michael Vick + Norv Turner = Underachievement.

You can take this to the bank....Mike Vick will not have a long career in the NFL. He runs around far too wrecklessly. The way he runs, one hit and its over for the season. It just so happens nobody caught him. And contrary to what someone was saying, no the guy cannot stand in the pocket and pick people apart.

The difference between Vick and Peyton? Vick will need a tough defense to get his team to 13-3 and become a Super Bowl favorite. Peyton doesn't, he can win games by directing a damn good offense. I don't think Vick can do that...and I don't think he's going to get max production out of Peerless Price like everyone thinks.

I'd pick Manning too. He's holding the Colts togather and would be a great fit for us but it would never happen. You're on the money with Vick too. He won't have a long and great NFL career.

Originally posted by DREADED-ONE
JUST ONE PLAYER TO ADD TO THIS

TEAM TO PUT THEM ON TOP.........

eric moulds- i hate his team but he is a definite go to guy
without the randy moss drama....

Take anyone you want but leave shakira alone. :lol: She's a bills fan!!!!

Seriously, someone who posted on this thread went to BZ said Moulds is not that good. Pretty much implied he's not an elite wr. :rolleyes:

Manning plus RW on your team with Norv as OC would scare the hell out of me.

zachseau, can you read......

I said he sdoesn't get double teamed EVERY PLAY. Of course he gets doubled in a standard scheme, but when he is used the ways I listed he is MORE EFFECTIVE and it is a huge reason for his success. You can read all teh quotes you want out of your gay little articles, I'll stick to actually watching the games myself.

BTW here is a quote:
" Gilbride's plan includes moving Moulds around more with presnap motion and lining him up in different positions and formations to keep defenses guessing.

That philosophy has worked for others. Owens, Moss and Harrison annually post big-time numbers without a proven No. 2 receiver because their teams put them in situations that prevent defenses from taking them out of games.

Moulds is excited about the possibility of being used the same way.

"When defenses don't know where you're going to line up it's tougher to shut down a receiver," Moulds said. "That's why Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison and guys like that are so effective. If I'm put in the same situation, I believe I can continue to make things happen for our team."

Gilbride believes that, too. Making Moulds a moving target has myriad possibilities. Quarterback Drew Bledsoe should like it as well because it will expand the number and types of throws he can make to Moulds. "

Back
Top Bottom