If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If the price to move up to 3 for TUA is too steep, do we trade up to 4 for Herbert?

No Chance I even consider tagovailoa...A broken right ankle a broken left ankle and now a broken hip? Are you Tua lovers crazy?!?!?! hes damaged goods my god Miami please stay away from this disaster...Keep Fitz for one more year...make a play for Lawrence the year after...I dont love any of these guys in this draft...
Are you a Jets fan trolling us?

Of the price to live up for Tua is too great then the best Plan B would probably be to stand pat at 5 and see who falls to us. Right now I’m wary of any trade scenario because there are 31 teams who know we have 3 first round picks and they’re all looking at us like a piece of meat, wondering just how big a bite they can take from us.

Of the price to live up for Tua is too great then the best Plan B would probably be to stand pat at 5 and see who falls to us. Right now I’m wary of any trade scenario because there are 31 teams who know we have 3 first round picks and they’re all looking at us like a piece of meat, wondering just how big a bite they can take from us.
It's going to come down to our poker player Grier being better than their poker player. You're right, they all know we're carrying.

Herbert would’ve done fine at Alabama. Just like Jalen Hurts, Blake Sims, Jacob Coker, A.J. McCarron, Greg McElroy, and Joh Parker Wilson did.

That’s not really the point though.

The point is - if he was at Alabama while Tua was there, he would’ve been sitting on the bench and entering the transfer portal.

Same applies if they were both at Oregon.

Yeah I say that about sums it up haha Shut this thing down.

Is pressure the new thing now for the "I love you Tuas"?

News flash: pressure can beat all QBs. Ask the Giants about shaking Brady.

Garapolo was having a good game until KC had the cojones to start blitzing while Niners became cowards and dropped back. The Mahomes bomb that won them the game, Mahomes was back there for about 10 seconds before the big completion. When the Niners were pressuring Mahomes, they made him look pedestrian.

But no way. Not Tua. No sir. Nothing can beat Tua.

News flash: pressure can beat all QBs.

News Flash!!

Herbert is a top 10 selection ~ but a team may have to await for the reward of selecting him -> kind of like waiting on Tannehill -> and i liked Tannehill because he had the look you know ~ But a team will need a perfect surrounding OL, RBs WRS TE -> everything for QBs like Tannehill and Herbert to succeed consistently

Herbert has that look...

But you also know .... You know this senior bowl that Herbert ROCKED and the upcoming Combine that he will own he is going to ROCK!!~ -> the common denominator -> drills, drills and more drills zero pressure active dangerous pressure being dialed up by a D Coordinator of any level

The senior bowl GAME itself one on one blocking

It is embarrassing we are having this discussion -> the big knock on Herbert lack of consistency and can't handle the pressure of D that dials it up / consider that guy in your pic Marino -> he could let it fly, quick accurate decisions -> that doesn't come around everyday anymore it doesn't fall out of trees -> I hope MIA takes a shot at greatness these RPO QBs they are a dime a dozen they come along every draft

Anyways Herbert OWNING these events is GREAT NEWS if you want Tua because it only lowers the ask to move up

If a team believes Tua isn't worth the early risk he will be there at #5 -> I think someone moves up ahead of #5 to ensure they land him

Last edited:
Seriously this thread is insane. If anyone here thinks Herbert is going to be a good NFL they are nuts. There is no way he should be drafted in the 1st round, ever.
Playing in one of the worst conferences in college football against piss poor defenses he was inconsistent in every aspect of playing quarterback.
And Dolphin fans want a guy who wasnt even as good as draft bust Josh Rosen. Are Fin fans really that stupid on this board?

Seriously this thread is insane. If anyone here thinks Herbert is going to be a good NFL they are nuts. There is no way he should be drafted in the 1st round, ever.
Playing in one of the worst conferences in college football against piss poor defenses he was inconsistent in every aspect of playing quarterback.
And Dolphin fans want a guy who wasnt even as good as draft bust Josh Rosen. Are Fin fans really that stupid on this board?
ummmmmmm :rolleyes: sad to say....

bUt rOsEn NeVeR hAd An oFfEnSiVe LiNe!

i sEeN mAnY gOoD tHrOwS!!!

spongebob.gif

Is pressure the new thing now for the "I love you Tuas"?

News flash: pressure can beat all QBs. Ask the Giants about shaking Brady.

Garapolo was having a good game until KC had the cojones to start blitzing while Niners became cowards and dropped back. The Mahomes bomb that won them the game, Mahomes was back there for about 10 seconds before the big completion. When the Niners were pressuring Mahomes, they made him look pedestrian.

But no way. Not Tua. No sir. Nothing can beat Tua.

News flash: pressure can beat all QBs.
ef5886f5.jpg

He's technically right, but his point is also useless.

There's a big difference between watching a guy like Fitzpatrick who can't win consistently due to the pressure, but still makes tons of plays in the face of it to put up points and win games vs Rosen dealing with the pressure so poorly that the team would be lucky to hit double digit scoring and eventually maybe win a game or two throughout an entire season.

You want enough protection in front of your QB to minimize the former as much as possible, but in the latter scenario you're just trying to carry a useless QB. Herbert was such garbage against pressure that he's more like the Rosen scenario and I have absolutely no idea if that's something that you can be taught in order to improve.

Back
Top Bottom