If tue that Anquan is beening shopped to Miami,than is Earl Thomas a given? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If tue that Anquan is beening shopped to Miami,than is Earl Thomas a given?

off the tape i've watched i'm taking everson griffen before graham...there's no doubt in my mind that griffen can play standing up...none

Yeah, and if we do end up sending the #74th pick to ARI for Boldin, I wouldn't risk hoping that one of the NTs will fall to us in the 4th round, so I would designate the #43 pick for the best available NT out of Cam Thomas and Mt Cody.

Now, of course, if we pick up A Rolle, Berry wouldn't be the pick, it would be best available OLB. Even w/o signing A Rolle, I believe that the #12 pick will still end up being best available OLB. If we don't pick up Rolle and Berry is available and we have intentions on picking him up...I could see MIA sending a 2011 first round pick to a team for a RFA for a SOLB like a Shawn Merriman of SD. :ponder:

you and I sir... are on the same page. hell same sentence.

I'd say if we get Q, we take graham at #12, this assuming mcclain is gone. round two has to be a cam thomas or best available NT. I'm not sure we take berry even if he is there at 12, although I wouldn't complain if we did. As much as gibril deserves to be cut, I think he takes a pay cut at most, I just have a hunch the FO won't cut him, and they seem to like bell.. seems SS and FS become less of a possibility.

I don't know. I see SEA picking a QB or LT.

I'm thinking a qb, maybe give hasselbeck one more year. given he doesnt' get beat up too bad. jones retiring helps us here a lot as well.

I have a feelign it's claussen, with everything carroll has seen of him from ND/USC. maybe not. maybe it's best available tackle. either way, it helps somebody drop to us in a position of need, and I like that.

Yeah, and if we do end up sending the #74th pick to ARI for Boldin, I wouldn't risk hoping that one of the NTs will fall to us in the 4th round, so I would designate the #43 pick for the best available NT out of Cam Thomas and Mt Cody.

Now, of course, if we pick up A Rolle, Berry wouldn't be the pick, it would be best available OLB. Even w/o signing A Rolle, I believe that the #12 pick will still end up being best available OLB. If we don't pick up Rolle and Berry is available and we have intentions on picking him up...I could see MIA sending a 2011 first round pick to a team for a RFA for a SOLB like a Shawn Merriman of SD. :ponder:
Shawn Merriman plays WOLB,and he hasnt done squat since being exposed for juice....no thanks...

you and I sir... are on the same page. hell same sentence.

I'd say if we get Q, we take graham at #12, this assuming mcclain is gone. round two has to be a cam thomas or best available NT. I'm not sure we take berry even if he is there at 12, although I wouldn't complain if we did. As much as gibril deserves to be cut, I think he takes a pay cut at most, I just have a hunch the FO won't cut him, and they seem to like bell.. seems SS and FS become less of a possibility.
why would Wilson take a paycut for us,when he didnt for Oakland?

If we get Anquan Boldin, and McClain is gone, I think Jason Pierre-Paul is a given. If he is there, in this scenario, he will be our pick IMO.

Shawn Merriman plays WOLB,and he hasnt done squat since being exposed for juice....no thanks...
If we gave up a 2011 first rounder for Merriman, I give up. Not only has Merriman done nothing since the injury/steroids, but next year's draft has far, far more talent than this one and is possibly one of the best draft classes ever. We should be trying to get more picks for 2011, not giving them away.

I speculate a few things will happen. I expect us to trade for Anquan Boldin. Maybe a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd Rounder next season. I have heard that Jeff Ireland is all over this. I also expect us to land Karlos Dansby and not just because he was on a radio show and listed the Dolphins as one of his 4 teams he desired to play for but for the respect level between Dansby and Bill Parcells. So I am given us a 75* chance to land Boldin and Dansby; With that said I think that the following players are in play for #12... Dan Williams, Rolando McClain, Jason Paul Pierre, CJ Spiller, Earl Thomas, and the guy we want most is Brandon Graham.

If we go into next off-season with Boldin, Dansby, Graham, and whoever we draft in the 2nd Round our team is starting to look upper-echelon IMO

Our front office is very high on Brandon Graham. I can confirm this. If Paul Pierre and Graham are on the board at #12 Brandon Graham would be the pick

why would Wilson take a paycut for us,when he didnt for Oakland?

I said at the most... meaning, he's either here at what we're paying him now, or he restructures with a pay cut to stay here. either way, I am of the opinion he isn't going anywhere.

would anybody in there right mind restructure in oakland. I doubt it, the point would be to get the hell out of town.

Our front office is very high on Brandon Graham. I can confirm this. If Paul Pierre and Graham are on the board at #12 Brandon Graham would be the pick

Please tell me how you can confirm this and how you know this information.

And for all those people clamoring for Eric Berry, I hope you have watched him on tape tackling in the open field. This is the flaw in his game. He will make a ton of tackles, but he will miss a ton too.

berry does miss some tackles when he head hunts...no doubt

but i think he has the best tackling form and is a pretty sure tackler when he doesn't try and decapitate ball carriers...amd his burst to the ball is eye popping

and he brings the wood...

berry does miss some tackles when he head hunts...no doubt

but i think he has the best tackling form and is a pretty sure tackler when he doesn't try and decapitate ball carriers...amd his burst to the ball is eye popping

and he brings the wood...

He does have an exceptional burst. But his diving tackles which he did against teams like Vanderbilt and Memphis won't work in the NFL. The reason is that his tackling is somewhat a fusion between an ankle chopper and head hunter. Sometimes he will aim up high and try to lay wood, and other times he will dive at the feet. You will not see him making tackles that lets say Yeremiah Bell makes. Bell has picture-perfect form tackling. He goes in at the mid-section and rarely dives at the feet or goes for the head. Theres a reason why Bell only had 1 missed tackle out of 114 tackles. And the missed tackle was when he was chopped at the feet by the Steelers RG and he was falling down while trying to tackle Rashad Mendenhall. When you look at Berry, I fear that he will bring the wood, but will also be prone to giving up big plays by taking a wrong angle combined with a poor form tackling due to the times where he likes to head hunt . Like it or not, but Gibril Wilson is a safer tackler than Berry. Thats about the only problem I have with Berry's game.

Back
Top Bottom