If we beat the Bills.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we beat the Bills..

I mean Belicheat still hasn't beat Tua, Miami's won 2 straight over NE, and they've won 2 of their last 3 in NE but no one's discussing that lol
Correct.

According to the media, the Fins never “beat the Pats”. It’s always the “Pats lose to the Fins”. That says it all.

However, we’ve made this bed over the last 20 years, so we have to live in it until we become a juggernaut. And we will

How does the outlook of the season change? Should our expectations be higher than a fringe playoff team or will the Bills just stink this year? Thoughts?
My expectations remain high. Having a few critical wins in the beginning of the season makes beating those same teams at the end of the season more like "icing on the cake". We already have the cake.

Once we are in the playoffs, everything starts over.

The only purpose for winning during the season is to make it into the playoffs. This is really when we are announcing ourselves to the league and there IS NO MARGINE FOR ERROR!

We win or we go home; that's it!

I think we all know this game could go either way but we need to win at home and continue that streak if we want to make the playoffs.

The good part would be going up 2.5 games on Buffalo in the division and 1.5 games over NE as long they beat the Jerts.

I have to admit I'd be pretty surprised if we beat the Bills. If we do, I think my expectations of the season go up a bit.
How much is "a bit"?

Just wondering how much more we could do the first 2 games beyond beating the Patriots on their home field and then beating the Bill's on our home field?

I also wonder what those "realist" fans are going to say?

Will they still be complaining, and if so, what will they be complaining about?

Surely they won't be upset if we win both those games - LOL

How much is "a bit"?

Just wondering how much more we could do the first 2 games beyond beating the Patriots on their home field and then beating the Bill's on our home field?

I also wonder what those "realist" fans are going to say?

Will they still be complaining, and if so, what will they be complaining about?

Surely they won't be upset if we win both those games - LOL
All relative to what my expectation were in the first place 😄
Was figuring we might make a wildcard this season. If we beat the Bills, we might actually win the wildcard game.

I don’t think it changes much though it would obviously put them in great position to be 2-0 in the division after two weeks. Bill Parcells had a great adage about how the first 4 weeks of the season were for evaluating what kind of team you had, the next 4 were for then fixing whatever issues the team had, and then the final 8 weeks were for making your run to the playoffs.

Its going to be really interesting to see how that 17th week factors in. You just know there will be a team that misses that playoffs but would have made it if the season was only 16 games, and another team that would have missed them were it not for winning the 17th game.

Sun 9/131234FINAL
Miami (0-1)030811
New England (1-0)077721
Pass
R. Fitzpatrick (MIA), 30-20-191, 3 INT, 0 TD
C. Newton (NE), 19-15-155, 0 INT, 0 TD
Rush
M. Gaskin (MIA), 9-40
C. Newton (NE), 15-75, 2 TD
Rec
M. Gaskin (MIA), 4-26
J. Edelman (NE), 5-57

Sun 9/201234FINAL
Buffalo (2-0)71001431
Miami (0-2)7331528
Pass
J. Allen (BUF), 35-24-415, 0 INT, 4 TD
R. Fitzpatrick (MIA), 47-31-328, 0 INT, 2 TD
Rush
D. Singletary (BUF), 10-56
M. Gaskin (MIA), 7-46
Rec
S. Diggs (BUF), 8-153, 1 TD
M. Gesicki (MIA), 8-130, 1 TD

Same schedule as last year. Horrible game from Fitz in week 1.
Great game by Josh Allen in week 2 and we still lost by only 3 points.

Back
Top Bottom