If we DUMP Jake Long... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we DUMP Jake Long...

JCane

Administrator
Club Member
Reaction score
Should we spend another first round pick on a left tackle?

Luke Joeckel would be the ideal selection as he's a Texas A&M product, but he'll likely be off the board by the time we pick in the middle of the draft...again.

How about Taylor Lewan? He would be a suitable replacement. Plus, he's a Michigan man.

Stephen Ross would surely love that.

Is this a real possibility?

If we spend another st rounder on the line, Im not sure any team in history will have invested as much in OL in the span of 5 years.

3 first round picks
1 second round pick
1 3rd round pick
2 or 3 later round picks
2 big money FA signings
2 or 3 smaller FA signings

Mind boggling.

I don't think we will be picking in the middle of the first round with the schedule we have ahead of us. Also, I think alot will depend on how Martin plays in Jakes spot as to FA or the draft addressing the tackle position.

the next 4 games are going to be telling. kick jon martin to left tackle and see how he does. maybe we won't need to draft longs replacement but rather martins ....

HELL NO.

I think the plan all along was to have Jon Martin at LT if Long wasn't re-signed. Its much easier to replace an RT than LT. This team needs to draft skills position players with the 1st 3 picks, no way around it. If they don't pick a WR, DB and pass rusher with the first 3 picks, the fanbase will riot, and rightfully so.

Why dont we just re-sign him? That way we don't have to spend a draft pick and he's still better than anyone we could draft to replace him. I'd rather overpay Long than have to waste a high round pick on an OT when we should be using that pick on skill positions. I dont even want to use a middle round pick on an OT. We need to be drafting offensive weapons.

Contrary to what many believe on this board, finding a good RT ain't easy.

Even if it isn't, it is less of a liability than having a crappy LT when you have a righty at QB.

Omg no more 1st round o-line or d-lineman waste.. get what you really need a CB and Wr.. if we do dumb long then move martin to LT and try drafting a decent RT in the mid round

Should we spend another first round pick on a left tackle?

Luke Joeckel would be the ideal selection as he's a Texas A&M product, but he'll likely be off the board by the time we pick in the middle of the draft...again.

How about Taylor Lewan? He would be a suitable replacement. Plus, he's a Michigan man.

Stephen Ross would surely love that.

Is this a real possibility?

Real possibility? Yes, so long as Ireland is general manager.

Should we do it? God no.

Contrary to what many believe on this board, finding a good RT ain't easy.
not as hard as finding players in skill positions where ireland blows at. We need to bring in a WR vet to help out tannehill and not put some rookie to be pressured as a number 1 and the only rookie WR I see will have immediate impact is keenan allen and I'm not even sure he will fall to us. We also need to draft defensive players to fill the holes in the secondary and pass rush. We have players like wallace/jennings/bowe/cooker we can't just ignore them for an injury proned and over paid left tackle.

Even if it isn't, it is less of a liability than having a crappy LT when you have a righty at QB.

2 things - first, we don't have a crappy LT, we have an overpaid LT. Second, you are assuming Martin will play well when he moves to LT, after he has already not played well at RT (which is an easier position to fill according to your statement)

He does. Joe Long from Wayne State. He will be in the upcoming draft.

Back
Top Bottom