If we end with worst record do you draft Luck? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we end with worst record do you draft Luck?

Well, we will suck another 3-4 years after you give a full draft away and your BEST player - then if Luck even survives 3-4 years you have a good team

Have you even been watching who this team uses as it's draft picks?? I think the best thing we could do every year is trade away all our picks. At least then we wouldn't be drafting Pat White, Jason Allen, Eddie Moore, John Jerry, and all the rest. At least we would be getting SOMETHING for our picks. And no it doesn't take as long to build a team from scratch as it does leveling off as a middle of the road team. Middle teams stay middle teams, the draft guarantees it.

What scares me more is getting the second pick in the draft. Say the Panthers get the first pick. They won't take Luck. Not after Clausen and Newton. But they WOULD trade away the first pick for a boatload of picks from a team desperate enough, like say, the 49ers. Imagine it being Carolina, Miami and SF number 1,2 and 3. I would explode if another team swooped in there and stole Luck from us because we couldn't trade all of our picks at number 2.

Granted this is all hypothetical, but that's Miami's luck. If it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no Luck at all.

More realistically, I bet we pick in the top 10, but who knows where exactly. At that point, hell yeah I wouldn't bat an eyelash if Miami traded the farm to get Luck. But knowing Miami, we'll trade down and draft a f***ing tackle anyways.

Miami has "bad luck" because they make their own bad luck. Think about it...we had the #2 pick in the draft and the consensus top 2 QBs were Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers. The 49ers took Alex Smith. The Dolphins passed on Rodgers and took Ronnie Brown, hence making their own bad luck. The Dolphins also had the #1 overall pick in a draft where Matt Ryan was the consensus #1-rated QB. We passed on Ryan and took Jake Long, hence making our own bad luck. In addition, Drew Brees was once a free agent and only had two realistic options - sign with Miami or sign with New Orleans. We know what happened - once again Miami made their own bad luck.

If luck is on the board and we pass on him I will stop being a Dolphins fan. Call me what you want, but ill be done. Ill be a Lions fan, cause they seem to be getting it together. Did you read that, Detroit Lions have gotten it together and we have not. That is sad in so many ways.

If we have the#1 pick then we take the best lineman prospect we can find and pay him millions of dollars over many years to protect our QB's backside while he throws fades during the goal-line situations that fall harmlessly to the turf....

honestly, i didnt read through the entire thread, but who would actually say, '' no we should not draft luck if he falls into our hands''?

we need a franchise qb, and that is what wins in todays league. although hes not a sure thing, just like no college player is a sure thing, he is the closest thing to a sure thing since elway, manning, etc.

of course we draft him,its not even a debate, unless he suffers a major injury this year.

If we are picking #1 and we pass on Luck, consider me officially done as a fan.

If we have the #1 pick Luck should be picked and signed before we even make it to draft day. Have him come out there for the ceremony and the experience but I can't even entertain the idea of going into the draft thinking we might actually draft more cornfeds.

Back
Top Bottom