If we end with worst record do you draft Luck? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we end with worst record do you draft Luck?

You take Luck and give him the job. A no brainer. We would be in rebuilding anyways.

What scares me more is getting the second pick in the draft. Say the Panthers get the first pick. They won't take Luck. Not after Clausen and Newton. But they WOULD trade away the first pick for a boatload of picks from a team desperate enough, like say, the 49ers. Imagine it being Carolina, Miami and SF number 1,2 and 3. I would explode if another team swooped in there and stole Luck from us because we couldn't trade all of our picks at number 2.

Granted this is all hypothetical, but that's Miami's luck. If it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no Luck at all.

More realistically, I bet we pick in the top 10, but who knows where exactly. At that point, hell yeah I wouldn't bat an eyelash if Miami traded the farm to get Luck. But knowing Miami, we'll trade down and draft a f***ing tackle anyways.

In that scenario I would just take Matt Barkley at #2. No need to give up the draft to move up one spot with Barkley sitting right there.

Obvious answer, YES. We haven't drafted a QB in first round since Marino and how have we fared since then? Unfortunately I think we will enough games to give that pick to the Seahawks or Chiefs.

I hate to be debbie downer, but you guys do realize that if we have the chance to draft Luck, one of two things will happen.....
1) He'll refuse to play here and sit out a year and be re-drafted by someone else or,
2) He'll break his leg and never play again.
Typical Miami Dolphins luck. (no pun intended).

Unfortunately, we won't get the 1st overall pick. That gift is Kansas City's...

This team will finish 7-9 again.

FML

This season is going as I predicted. We lose our first two games to tough teams, and everything goes to **** from there. This team WILL quit on the coach - like they did last year. Ross just has to have the discipline to let Tony finish the season so that we don't get a couple of garbage emotional victories with Nolan. Bring in Cowher. Draft Luck or Barkley. Go from there.

If somehow we're in a position to take him, then YES you have to pull the trigger. I would just hope he's not another first round QB bust...we've seen plenty of those go around. I'm not going to root for the team to tank JUST to get him, though.

Are you kidding me? Even entertaining the idea of passing on Andrew Luck is the exact reason of why we are a garbage team year in and year out. You want to pass on Luck to "ransom" for what? More cornfed players. These cornfed players are the reason we are hot garbage.

i 100% agree with this.

If we end up having the worst record do you draft Luck? We have so many needs you could probably get a small ransom in picks from any team who wants him.

Is this for real?

Doesn't matter...I can see us wrapping up the worst record in the NFL, and then see the buffoon fist pump his way to win a meaningless game, to move us down to the #2 overall pick

2 games in and you guys are talking about having the worst record? that's pretty defeatist. should i expect to see "suck for luck" signs at metlife in october when the fins come to town?

Even if a team pulls a Ditka/Ricky Williams and offers you their whole draft plus picks in next years draft?

Even if they offer you their entire draft, and any player on their team, you STILL take Luck. As a matter of fact,like I have already said, if we don't have the number one overall pick you offer our whole draft, and any player they want for the number one pick. I am SICK of being average.

Back
Top Bottom