If we get 3rd pick in the Draft. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we get 3rd pick in the Draft.

The Pick straight up for Young or Young AND their 1st rounder?

Either way not happening and YES.

The argument against taking Sewell would be how good does your OL need to be?

Do you really need an A+ Offensive Line?

No, and certainly not at the expense of improving the WR corps.

Or adding an impact defender like Parsons.

The more I look at it the best outcome for me is getting Smith or Chase early(hopefully after trading down a little) and taking Z Collins with their own 1st rounder.

Maybe you can get Leatherwood/Mayfield or Darrisaw early R2.

I find concern about the opt out thing to be ludicrous. It's not like these guys just opted out because they didn't feel like playing. They opted out in the face of a global pandemic shrouded in uncertainty and risk. Entire conferences initially opted out.
In general, yes...

But there were a few (all sophomores) who had played themselves into the first or second round of the draft, but were prevented from filing for the draft because of NFL rules requiring them to be in college for three years...

These guys all made business decisions to protect their livelihood, and some folks hate that. To me, this just means that they love their wives and family more and want to look out for them, but I know some of the numbnuts folks look at that decision as being evil...

The Pick straight up for Young or Young AND their 1st rounder?

Either way not happening and YES.
Those are the main components of the trade.

Chase Young looks like he's going to be great and Rivera is a D minded coach. However, his entire line is pretty damn good. Maybe he wants a franchise LT if he's available or they have a specific QB in mind. Either way, I'd take Chase Young for the Dolphins pick straight up and unless Lawrence was sitting there I wouldn't hesitate.

I find concern about the opt out thing to be ludicrous. It's not like these guys just opted out because they didn't feel like playing. They opted out in the face of a global pandemic shrouded in uncertainty and risk. Entire conferences initially opted out.
I don't put too much into that either. But I would still like to know their reasons. I'm sure NFL scouts will ask.

Don't know how much it will affect their draft status, though.

My concern is that there is no tape for over a year. What have you been doing during the pandemic young man?

I mean Creed Humphrey was also considered a 1st round pick last year and this year he's dropped substantially. I think many coaches and talent evaluators talked about putting a precedent on guys who played this season. It's only natural, they haven't played football in a year. The combine will bring some back up.

My concern is that there is no tape for over a year. What have you been doing during the pandemic young man?

I mean Creed Humphrey was also considered a 1st round pick last year and this year he's dropped substantially. I think many coaches and talent evaluators talked about putting a precedent on guys who played this season. It's only natural, they haven't played football in a year. The combine will bring some back up.
Some of the ones who did decide to play STILL won't have much film. Very few teams managed to get in a full slate of games. Some of them got in one... or 5 games... played under horrible conditions... with half of their team sick.

How much of that film is even valuable? I live in Minnesota now, and it's been said that HALF of the team has tested positive now. Good Lord... was this worth it?

Take Sewell at 3 (provided we remain there) and don't even blink. Rare that a Nasty Tackle like Him, would fall in Our laps. Lock Him in at Tackle, and We're set for the next 10 years. I Myself would LOVE Smith or Waddle, but salivate at the thought, of having one of the Best Lines in the NFL. Either Way....I Trust Flores and Grier. Look Where They Got Us.

Some of the ones who did decide to play STILL won't have much film. Very few teams managed to get in a full slate of games. Some of them got in one... or 5 games... played under horrible conditions... with half of their team sick.

How much of that film is even valuable? I live in Minnesota now, and it's been said that HALF of the team has tested positive now. Good Lord... was this worth it?
I live in the maritime provinces, we took a different approach. I think our province currently has 38 active cases. We've successfully exterminated the virus multiple times. Ironically, for months we've been far more free than the rest of the continent.

If we get the third pick I'm going Parson all day every day. I know this won't be popular but I'm then going Trevon Moehrig with our second first. If these two play up to their hype this defense would go all time great category. The type of defense that wins championships.

I'd also grab a running backs in rounds 2-3. Harris for sure if he is available at our first second if not J. Williams would be great. I'd get a WR also in the second if one is available. This is after getting Allen Robinson in fa and cutting Grant, Hurns, and Wilson

I live in the maritime provinces, we took a different approach. I think our province currently has 38 active cases. We've successfully exterminated the virus multiple times. Ironically, for months we've been far more free than the rest of the continent.
I live in an area where almost no one took this seriously... After the Sturgis bike rally, the covid case rate just exploded all through a 5 state radius. The Big 10 was cancelled... then back... then most of the teams had to cancel game after game...

I can't imagine that any of the Big 10 teams got a real season in the books. Most of their rosters were MASH units.

Back
Top Bottom