If we get 3rd pick in the Draft. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we get 3rd pick in the Draft.

Who’s playing right tackle? Because you know right tackle isn’t the same as left tackle...

I’m assuming you want to move Jackson to right tackle or do you want to move the best left tackle prospect of the last decade to right tackle which is Tuas blindside?
Really...yeah, I know it's not the same. One of those guys obviously would have to move from their normal Tackle spot.

Last edited:
You are obviously missing the point. The Jags aren’t trading the opportunity to draft a once in a decade QB prospect.

Yes they would. They would trade that #1 overall pick and a chance at "once in a decade talent" right now for a player who was drafted #11 overall, Patrick Mahomes.
On the other hand, It has never happened that it would take ALL OF THE DRAFT PICKS to move from 3 to 1 overall.

these are all pipedreams at this point, and this one is of the sativa variety

1.03 --> 1.06 + 2.06 + 4.06 + 2022 3rd (Take advantage of Cincy's obsession with Sewell)
1.06 --> 1.09 + 3.09 + 5.09 (Carolina hops a couple teams to secure their QB)
so turn the 1.03 into 1.09, 2.06, 3.09, 4.06, 5.09 and a high 2022 3rd.

1.09: Devonta Smith
1.32:
2.03:
2.06:
2.32:
3.09:
3.32:
4.06:
4.32:
5.09:
6.25:

That'd be 8 more picks in the top 100 and 4 in the top 40, talk about a rebuild.

All that said though, i wonder if adding a single All-Pro potential type player in Sewell or Parsons could have more impact, someone who makes everyone around him better. The Parsons thing is super intriguing, imagine being able to get an intimidating pass rush out of the MLB position? Our ILBs have been worth **** in the pass rush historically, so if he brings what everyone says is super dynamic and instinctual blitzing, that could mask the hole we have at the edge rush position. Like if there is Ray Lewis potential there, we cant trade out.

these are all pipedreams at this point, and this one is of the sativa variety

1.03 --> 1.06 + 2.06 + 4.06 + 2022 3rd (Take advantage of Cincy's obsession with Sewell)
1.06 --> 1.09 + 3.09 + 5.09 (Carolina hops a couple teams to secure their QB)
so turn the 1.03 into 1.09, 2.06, 3.09, 4.06, 5.09 and a high 2022 3rd.

1.09: Devonta Smith
1.32:
2.03:
2.06:
2.32:
3.09:
3.32:
4.06:
4.32:
5.09:
6.25:

That'd be 8 more picks in the top 100 and 4 in the top 40, talk about a rebuild.

All that said though, i wonder if adding a single All-Pro potential type player in Sewell or Parsons could have more impact, someone who makes everyone around him better. The Parsons thing is super intriguing, imagine being able to get an intimidating pass rush out of the MLB position? Our ILBs have been worth **** in the pass rush historically, so if he brings what everyone says is super dynamic and instinctual blitzing, that could mask the hole we have at the edge rush position. Like if there is Ray Lewis potential there, we cant trade out.

I like it.

Lawrence, Sewell, Fields, trade down. Those are my options if I am Grier.

Probably trade down with a quarterback needy team and get a haul of picks in return.
I like that possibility. But only if the jets take P.Sewell, because if hes available, I say take him. Imagine what are o-line would look like. Maybe even try to get c.humprey in the 2nd round. But its highly unlikely he falls that far.

I like that possibility. But only if the jets take P.Sewell, because if hes available, I say take him. Imagine what are o-line would look like. Maybe even try to get c.humprey in the 2nd round. But its highly unlikely he falls that far.
A great argument could be made for Sewell. My best guess is the Jets take Wilson. The old adage still plays. If you don't have a franchise quarterback keep drafting until you get one.

Moving from that spot, Miami could get a kings ransom. Have to weigh that.

Lawrence, Sewell, Fields, trade down. Those are my options if I am Grier.
Justin Fields is garbage and will set some poor franchise back years.

Micah Parsons....we need an effing Hoss in the middle of our defense.

Sewell is the stud, but do you draft a stud LT to play your franchise QB front side? Do you move him to RT? Do yiy move Austin Jackson to RT, can he play RT?

IF I am using the Houston pick at 3-4 it would be for Sewell/Parsons/Chase.

I would prefer to move down a little and still get one of those 3.

I would like to grab one of Chase/Smith/Waddle along with one of Parson/Collins in the first round.

But we don not know how the Fins view the WR group in this Draft. They might really like Bateman or Marshall who should be there late R1.

I can't think of a time when I was more disappointed and flabberghasted to go from clicking on a thread title that I thought might actually have some interesting discussion, to reading the original post at the top and not even being able to compute.

Back
Top Bottom