If we get 3rd pick in the Draft. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we get 3rd pick in the Draft.

I mean, we could have the #3 pick in the draft, which very well could be the spot where the best non-quarterback player in the draft (whoever that may be) ends up going, and it's super exciting, and I open the thread and it's like, "CaN wE gEt TrEvOr LaWrEnCe?"

Never been so disappointed.

I like the double trade down move. First, trade with Cincy. Then, trade again but stay in the top 10ish.

also, everyone is in love with Sewell, Parsons and Chase. All studs but also all opt outs. Just curious how much weight Fin evaluators will put on those decisions.

I like the double trade down move. First, trade with Cincy. Then, trade again but stay in the top 10ish.

also, everyone is in love with Sewell, Parsons and Chase. All studs but also all opt outs. Just curious how much weight Fin evaluators will put on those decisions.
I suspect that all three would have opted for last year's NFL draft if they had been allowed in.

The rule requiring a player to have been in-program for three years is directly leading to these...

I mean, we could have the #3 pick in the draft, which very well could be the spot where the best non-quarterback player in the draft (whoever that may be) ends up going, and it's super exciting, and I open the thread and it's like, "CaN wE gEt TrEvOr LaWrEnCe?"

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 1.49.44 AM.png

I may take Sewell. But I would think twice, because Devonta Smith is that good.
I love Sewell, but I don't see him being the pick. Of course, I could be wrong but there are so many teams that need a quarterback.

The offer for that #3 pick, if it remains at that spot, will be significant. Unless teams aren't sold on Fields, but we've seen gambles on lesser quarterbacks.

Smith is sensational and I think the best fit of the top three wide receivers. But I think the Dolphins would be happy to get a kings ransom in picks and land Chase or Waddle if Smith is gone.

This is a post moved from the general forum so you are going to get that kind of thing.

I consider Sewell to be the best OT prospect in a decade, the best since Tyron Smith.

Put him at RT and Tua's blindside is locked down for years to come.

Hunt moves to RG and Kindley to LG.

This is a strong WR Draft and Miami could trade up in R1 to grab one of the top 3 or go for a guy like Bateman or Marshall or Toney etc....

RT is not a huge need at Hunt has played pretty well there and you can assume he will get steadily better, but Sewell is a rare OT.

I would think hard about Parsons as well since he is the best LB prospect in a few years and he fills a bigger need.

But I would probably pass on Sewell and trade down a little bit where I could still possibly get parsons and would have my choice at WR.

I consider Sewell to be the best OT prospect in a decade, the best since Tyron Smith.

This is a strong WR Draft and Miami could trade up in R1 to grab one of the top 3 or go for a guy like Bateman or Marshall or Toney etc....

RT is not a huge need at Hunt has played pretty well there and you can assume he will get steadily better, but Sewell is a rare OT.

I would think hard about Parsons as well since he is the best LB prospect in a few years and he fills a bigger need.

But I would probably pass on Sewell and trade down a little bit where I could still possibly get parsons and would have my choice at WR.
I definitely would not be disappointed if Miami ended up drafting Sewell. That offensive line could be something special.

Would require a lot of movement, which could make for a adjustment period. Hunt to RG, Kindley to LG and Sewell playing RT instead of left.

Like you said, the Dolphins could come back at pick 1b and likely get a player like Marshall, Toney or St. Brown.

If Sewell is the pick, I'd prioritize wide receiver with that later #1.

I find concern about the opt out thing to be ludicrous. It's not like these guys just opted out because they didn't feel like playing. They opted out in the face of a global pandemic shrouded in uncertainty and risk. Entire conferences initially opted out.

All major wins IMO

I feel that by reading the rankings and the tea leaves that we cannot trade out of the top 8 to get a Parsons, Chase or maybe even Smith at this point. If we trade down it cannot be far. If I had to rate it I go
Trade the 3rd for a pick 4-8. I know that is limited but your not getting Parsons or Chase past that, maybe not Smith either.
Keep the pick and choose between Sewell and Parsons. They are two of the more bust proof prospects and one is certainly a need.
If you get any trade at all you can probably trade back up with the 1B to get a 1st tier WR.

At the end of the day these QB's will start coming up and pushing some of the guys we like down so there is that. I really hope Fields shows out against Clemson.

Back
Top Bottom