If we get the #1 pick and Bill Cowher/Gruden... what you think of an updated uniform? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we get the #1 pick and Bill Cowher/Gruden... what you think of an updated uniform?

Wow... I thought threads like these only surfaced during the offseason when there wasn't in season football to talk about.

And as for the mock unis... They look arena league. Gimme and angry dolphin at least. You like the finheaven one...

5336307939_5a97e367e2_z-1.jpg

5336307655_a059934d0d_z-1.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23481859@N03/5336307939/in/photostream/

Logo needs work, but those are pretty sharp. And just to be clear, those aren't my design. Just found them online.

Im all for it. Time to change it up. I love the old unis...Prestige and history and Glory associated when i see those....Our Jerseys since they have changed to the newer "bubbly" looking dolphin have come to represent a period of futility and anguish for this franchise and us proud fans. We should start new with a sick Nike Design and really change the whole culture around here. . . .I actually really like the logo in the photo posted earlier in the thread. Jersey not soo much but good start

Nike will be taking over in 2012 and providing all NFL jerseys, and they have already stated they will be changing all NFL jerseys dramatically in the same "Combat" way they did with the College jerseys. To improve performance, etc......

Well, why not take the opportunity to update our uniforms as well?

If we get the #1 pick, and a superstar head coach, and Nike will be updating all jerseys anyway...... why not start a little fresh, with a look towards the future of a new era of Fins football?

Here's a picture I saw recently of concept designs that are out there. Just an example. Personally... I would like the jerseys to be updated a little to start a new era. Enough of outdated philosophies, living in the past, still basking in the glow of the 1972 season..... I would love for the organization to come out fresh.

NIKE never said they will be changing NFL uniforms dramatically not once. I'm sorry to break the news to some of you that do want a change. But in Colleget Nike is allowed to do as they please as far as uniform designs, remember they are trying to attract young kids to the schools and kids like cool looking uniforms. Its all a recruiting marking PR shceme/gimmick they use to suck in the best players.

Truthfully in the NFL there are tons of franchises built on tradition. When you have traditions that means no changes. A lot of these owners don't want changes to anything because they are old school and traditionalists. NIKE will have no impact on any uniform designs unless okayed by the certain franchise. Remember everyone in the NFL is payed they are not recruited, the NFL is a business so to expect dramatic changes in uniforms is obserd. They never once stated they will be making any changes to uniforms. The only changes you can expect to see are the cut of the jerseys and the fitted style. NIKE does not make the players jerseys anyway, they are made by RIPON. Nike just pays large amounts of money to the NFL so the NFL can use there logo on the sleeves of the jerseys made by Ripon for advertising purposes. So guys do not be surprised when maybe only 1 or 2 teams change there uniforms. And this happens almost every year as it is already regardless of Nike being the new sponsors. I can assure you this as a fact. If you recall last time NIKE had NFL contracts with many NFL teams including the Dolphins, Raiders, Cowboys, Falcons, Broncos, Jets, ex.... Only one team changed the style of uniform and that was the Denver Broncos! So to think NIKE is going to change more than maybe 1 or 2 uniforms with new designs your crazy! I mean you can dream, but it wil never ever happen in the NFL like it does in college.

I'm all for making no changes to Dolphins uniforms other than a NIKE swoosh instead of Reebok slash

NIKE never said they will be changing NFL uniforms dramatically not once.

Really now? Too much type type type, not enough read read read, dolfan7910.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39634800

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/12/nike-plans-to-dramatically-change-nfl-jerseys/

Nike said:
On the day that the NFL announced Nike will replace Reebok as the league’s uniform supplier in 2012, a Nike official said changes are coming to NFL jerseys.
Nike Brand President Charlie Denson told Darren Rovell of CNBC that the change would be similar to changes that Nike has made to college football jerseys.
“We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we've done with the college programs, using new thinking and the greatest technology available. The NFL program hasn't had the same type of advancement in recent years."

just for the lulz.....

dolfan7910 said:
NIKE never said they will be changing NFL uniforms dramatically not once.

Nike said:
“We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we've done with the college programs

On the day that the NFL announced Nike will replace Reebok as the league’s uniform supplier in 2012, a Nike official said changes are coming to NFL jerseys.
Nike Brand President Charlie Denson told Darren Rovell of CNBC that the change would be similar to changes that Nike has made to college football jerseys.
“We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we’ve done with the college programs, using new thinking and the greatest technology available,” Denson said. “The NFL program hasn’t had the same type of advancement in recent years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/12/nike-plans-to-dramatically-change-nfl-jerseys/

Lol yes they mean the fit of the jersey not the actual design of the jersey. The fit has nothing to do with the look. I can gurantee you thats what they mean. I'm telling you Nike doesn't have the power in the NFL like they do college to go changing uniforms at will. Your going to be surprised next season when you see this yourself.

“We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we’ve done with the college programs, using new thinking and the greatest technology available,” Denson said. “The NFL program hasn’t had the same type of advancement in recent years.

The are talking about the design of the shirt itself, not its color scheme/logos. Rbk did the same thing when they got the NHL deal and a lot of teams were forced to switch from CCM. A few teams took the opportunity to change logos and colors but it wasnt mandatory. Those teams that did change were all newer teams that weren't rooted in Hockey tradition (Original 6) and a couple have come back to old color schemes.

I expect to see the same thing happen here, a couple teams might change but not older teams with tradition. Teams like the Titans, Texans, Jaguars, Ravens, and the Panthers are the only teams I can see making a change. Others would surprise me.

If you show me a quote where they state we will be changing many of the current NFL teams Logos/Designs than I will believe it. But it will never happen.

Gotta love the arrogance of Nike attempting to dictate terms. Maybe someone should inform them they are just a vendor and it's a team's decision to submit a uniform modification proposal to the league.

I'm sure some of the new players we bring in will get a boost from wearing uniforms that look like an aqua and orange version of kick-***, and they'll play better because they're so excited. lol.

If you show me a quote where they state we will be changing many of the current NFL teams Logos/Designs than I will believe it. But it will never happen.

How about YOU show me where I said they were going to.

While we are talking about this, maybe it is time to get rid of orange and teal, and get some more masculine colors. Orange, teal, and white is not intimidating at all.

Gotta love the arrogance of Nike attempting to dictate terms. Maybe someone should inform them they are just a vendor and it's a team's decision to submit a uniform modification proposal to the league.

I'm sure some of the new players we bring in will get a boost from wearing uniforms that look like an aqua and orange version of kick-***, and they'll play better because they're so excited. lol.

Nah, any changes to the color scheme etc has to be approved by each team. Which is why I clearly said in this thread, "why don't we take the opportunity to update our uniforms"

Never said anything about Nike doing it for us. They are just changing the shape of it to fit with the COMBAT college style jerseys you see

Back
Top Bottom