If We Trade Down, And Top 3 Rb's Are Gone, What Do We Do? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If We Trade Down, And Top 3 Rb's Are Gone, What Do We Do?

there is no way we're keeping the #2 pick. can get more value for it in a trade.

again at #2, you better have franchise QB (i.e. Elway/Marino type) or franchise LT (i.e. Ogden/Pace type). this draft has neither.

currently the options at #2 do not warrant the salary/signing bonus the pick commands.

Slappy8800 said:
impossible..he faces a four game suspension

The NFL bent over backwards to get that out of his way last season. They haven't had a hearing on it that was scheduled when he appealled. If the league is inclined to brush over this RW situation, that suspension *will* go away.

Jimmy James said:
The NFL bent over backwards to get that out of his way last season. They haven't had a hearing on it that was scheduled when he appealled. If the league is inclined to brush over this RW situation, that suspension *will* go away.
he also hated wannstedt. he didn't want to carry the ball 30x a game. now new regime. more diversified offense (i.e. Linehan).

he will come back w/a new contract based on milestone contingencies after sercing minimal (4 game) suspension.

he is a horse and proven 2000 yd rusher. and one of the most feared backs in the game.

i take him at age 28 over brown/cadillac/benson, even being a nutjob, anyday.

If the RBs are gone, I would take Merriman. JT on one side and Merriman on the other with Kevin Carter. I pity the QB fool that goes against those three.

fishbanger said:
If the RBs are gone, I would take Merriman. JT on one side and Merriman on the other with Kevin Carter. I pity the QB fool that goes against those three.
then who's your starting tailback?

shortsqueeze said:
then who's your starting tailback?

whoever we get in the 2nd or 3rd.

Jeez a couple weeks ago everybody was begging Saban not to draft an RB in round 1 because the draft was so deep with RBs, and now we have to take one of the Big 3.

shortsqueeze said:
i don't see Saban as a Belichick disciple paying #2 money to an RB. we just freed up major $ trading Pat and now we give it to a rookie RB?? No way. I see trading down getting multiple picks and end up w/a Kay-Jay, JJ Arrington etc.. backing up Ricky.

thoughts?

noway we would be crazy to pass up on brylan edwards he is the best pick in the draft and i wouldnt trade minny for both of there 1st rounders i seen brylan on nfl network and the guy is awsome the best in this years draft and i would take him no matter what:evil:

I could see Zach being traded for picks. big cap #. a lot if tread on him. can get good value for him now. i think.

jason_taylor said:
noway we would be crazy to pass up on brylan edwards he is the best pick in the draft and i wouldnt trade minny for both of there 1st rounders i seen brylan on nfl network and the guy is awsome the best in this years draft and i would take him no matter what:evil:
but is he worth #2 $$$? is he TO/Moss?? if he is, yes he get's the $$. if not, trade down and take Parrish/Clayton. better value. look at the NE model. no names like: Givens, Branch, Patten... 3 RINGS!!!!

First of all forget ricky. Also if we don't get one of the top three it is not that big of a deal. Yes that would probubly be best, but there is tons of depth at HB. We could pick one up almost as good with our secound first rounder or even our second.

Back
Top Bottom