If we were tanking shouldn't we start Rosen? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we were tanking shouldn't we start Rosen?

Well we're rebuilding proper, I believe. Even if it were a full-on tank, we traded a 2 for Rosen, so he may be in the future plans, or they may be wanting to trade him if we get the right Pick. If so, they probably don't want him to get killed in the first 4 games, and would want to evaluate him with a better grasp of the playbook.

The second that Flores made it an open QB competition, he had to start the winner and that was Fitzpatrick. The players knew who the better QB was by all accounts, so you can't just start someone who's worse and preach effort and trying to win or you'll lose the locker room quick.

Also, people continue to underestimate the amount of evaluation that goes on outside of just the game on Sunday. If he's not getting it done in practice, what are you hoping for by throwing him into a game? Magic?

Doesn't add up to me.If we were tanking this season shouldn't you start Rosen.Not the vet.

You think Minkah Fitzpatrick is going to tank? Xavien Howard? Jerome Baker?

Starting Rosen doesn't guarantee anything. Hell for all we know, Rosen might go in there and light it up as he continues to learn.

Doesn't add up to me.If we were tanking this season shouldn't you start Rosen.Not the vet.

I wasn't initially on board but I'm starting to get behind the argument that starting Fitzpatrick is more about protecting Rosen than anything else. Its really hard to see how any quarterback is going to survive with this group blocking for them. The only real hope is that the defense is good enough to keep games close and not force the QB to sling it around. If Rosen isn't the starter by week 5 I'd be shocked.

Wow I agree with KameOnLion for once. I feel gross.
Hey, man. Once we're sitting there at 1-8 or something and you've lost all hope, come and jump on the 2020 hype train with me because it's going to be reeeeal fun. This is just a season to be sacrificed for later. We never win anything anyway, so what's one more year?

The second that Flores made it an open QB competition, he had to start the winner and that was Fitzpatrick. The players knew who the better QB was by all accounts, so you can't just start someone who's worse and preach effort and trying to win or you'll lose the locker room quick.

Also, people continue to underestimate the amount of evaluation that goes on outside of just the game on Sunday. If he's not getting it done in practice, what are you hoping for by throwing him into a game? Magic?
Rosen was clearly the winner and also received the NFL grade of 4.5 out of 5 for his QB performances.

They have no stake in Fitz and he will be the sacrificial lamb, likely throwing up more interceptions than usual thanks to the OL caving in on him more and faster than usual. By the time the bye week comes around, everyone should be clammoring for Rosen to see what he can do.

And if the OL gels, and Rosen outperforms his supporting cast, then we have our franchise QB! If not, we will know and approach the draft accordingly

I have no problem not starting a twenty-two year old at the most important position in my billion dollar company. We are paying Fitz too, he is a proven veteran quite serviceable quarterback that another team is going to soon covet.

Back
Top Bottom