If we were tanking shouldn't we start Rosen? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we were tanking shouldn't we start Rosen?

Rosen was clearly the winner and also received the NFL grade of 4.5 out of 5 for his QB performances.

They have no stake in Fitz and he will be the sacrificial lamb, likely throwing up more interceptions than usual thanks to the OL caving in on him more and faster than usual. By the time the bye week comes around, everyone should be clammoring for Rosen to see what he can do.

And if the OL gels, and Rosen outperforms his supporting cast, then we have our franchise QB! If not, we will know and approach the draft accordingly
What is this? Make believe stats for just preseason performances, one of which he was consistently bailed out by Preston Williams?

Did you read any of the beat writers in the offseason? Like ANY of them? They ALL said, to a man, that Fitzpatrick was destroying Rosen and that it wasn't a competition, it was a blowout. Fitzpatrick won the competition because his peak this offseason crushed anything Rosen did, even though he ended up not looking very good in the limited preseason snaps he had, and also pretty much the 2nd half of training camp. That peak is what caught the attention of both the players and the coaches and gave them the idea that they're better off starting him over Rosen because Rosen never came close to that.

What's funnier is the fans that think we're tanking.

I think the fact that tank is a 4 letter word verses rebuild which is a seven letter word has something to do with it.
Continue arguing syntactical semantics and call it whatever you want. We're going to be bad this year by design. The end result is going to be exactly the same.

What is this? Make believe stats for just preseason performances, one of which he was consistently bailed out by Preston Williams?

Did you read any of the beat writers in the offseason? Like ANY of them? They ALL said, to a man, that Fitzpatrick was destroying Rosen and that it wasn't a competition, it was a blowout. Fitzpatrick won the competition because his peak this offseason crushed anything Rosen did, even though he ended up not looking very good in the limited preseason snaps he had, and also pretty much the 2nd half of training camp. That peak is what caught the attention of both the players and the coaches and gave them the idea that they're better off starting him over Rosen because Rosen never came close to that.
Really, you go by what Omar or Mando say? Both of them were either against the trade or didn't approve. If with a straight face you can tell me that Omar wouldn't be singing the praises of Teddy B if his performance came close to Rosen's had we signed him then you're fooling yourself.

Fitz is an interception waiting to happen..as we'll all see. There's no upside.

Really, you go by what Omar or Mando say? Both of them were either against the trade or didn't approve. If with a straight face you can tell me that Omar wouldn't be singing the praises of Teddy B if his performance came close to Rosen's had we signed him then you're fooling yourself.

Fitz is an interception waiting to happen..as we'll all see. There's no upside.
Aside from implying that Omar is a racist for some reason, I didn't mention names. Find me ANY beat writer that covered the offseason practices and training camp that had a different opinion, because there isn't one. There are a lot more than just two.

As for Fitz being an interception waiting to happen and has no upside, I 100% agree, but that also makes it all the more depressing that Rosen couldn't beat him out. If Rosen came close, he'd be starting just because of all the other reasons that you'd rather start him which tells you that it wasn't as close as you think it was, preseason be damned.

Personally I'd rather start Rosen since the biggest upside of starting him is that you have the best chance at ending up with the worst record in the league, but hey, that's just me.

Continue arguing syntactical semantics and call it whatever you want. We're going to be bad this year by design. The end result is going to be exactly the same.

I don't need to look in the dictionary to see they don't have the same meaning.

Aside from implying that Omar is a racist for some reason, I didn't mention names. Find me ANY beat writer that covered the offseason practices and training camp that had a different opinion, because there isn't one. There are a lot more than just two.

As for Fitz being an interception waiting to happen and has no upside, I 100% agree, but that also makes it all the more depressing that Rosen couldn't beat him out. If Rosen came close, he'd be starting just because of all the other reasons that you'd rather start him which tells you that it wasn't as close as you think it was, preseason be damned.

Personally I'd rather start Rosen since the biggest upside of starting him is that you have the best chance at ending up with the worst record in the league, but hey, that's just me.
Rosen would not be starting behind these turnstyles or it would be deja vu all over again. His first start for AZ was impressive.. look it up. Afterwards, the postal worker OL reinforcements, the misuse of David Johnson, the 2 terrible OCs and the awful rookie HC, etc, eroded his confidence and ability. That's specifically the reason why there's no reason to immediately start him in a season headed into the abyss.

I don't need to look in the dictionary to see they don't have the same meaning.
tank
/taNGk/

INFORMAL•US
fail completely, especially at great financial cost.

Yeah, totally not doing that...

Rosen would not be starting behind these turnstyles or it would be deja vu all over again. His first start for AZ was impressive.. look it up. Afterwards, the postal worker OL reinforcements, the misuse of David Johnson, the 2 terrible OCs and the awful rookie HC, etc, eroded his confidence and ability. That's specifically the reason why there's no reason to immediately start him in a season headed into the abyss.
His first start he had an 88.5 QB rating which is below the NFL average. I guess "impressive" means different things to different people.

Exactly. The FO is cutting bait. You don't make the roster considerably worse when you think you have a franchise QB on the roster. Just doesn't happen. They aren't shooting for the top pick to draft a DE or trade down. That first pick is gonna be extremely valuable for a reason.

His first start he had an 88.5 QB rating which is below the NFL average. I guess "impressive" means different things to different people.
The raw numbers didn’t jump out in quarterback Josh Rosen’s first career start, but sometimes the box score doesn’t tell the full story.

Rosen was 15-of-27 passing for 180 yards and a touchdown in Sunday’s 20-17 loss to the Seahawks. However, the statistics would have been much better if not for several dropped passes.

Pro Football Focus assesses each player on his own merits, and Rosen received an impressive 87.1 overall grade for his performance against the Seahawks, including an 89.9 passing mark.

According to PFF’s Sam Monson, it was the best starting debut for a rookie quarterback since the site began doling out grades back in 2006.

Rosen finished Week 4 with the sixth-highest graded performance among quarterbacks, behind Jared Goff, Mitchell Trubisky, Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck and Deshaun Watson. His passing grade was third-best behind Goff and Trubisky, who both had monster performances in Week 4.

Rosen made five “big-time throws,” a moniker PFF uses to distinguish particularly noteworthy passes, which tied for an NFL high.

Coach Steve Wilks said Rosen’s insertion into the lineup opened up the Cardinals’ offense, and the numbers backed it up. According to NFL’s NextGenStats, Rosen held the ball for an average of 0.4 seconds longer than Sam Bradford and threw the ball an average of three yards farther down the field.

“I’m so encouraged based off of what I saw (Sunday),” Wilks said. “I think you guys saw the potential of pushing the ball down the field, which we haven’t had in the first three weeks of the season. We’ve got to finish now. Those guys are wide open. They’ve got to make those catches.”

The raw numbers didn’t jump out in quarterback Josh Rosen’s first career start, but sometimes the box score doesn’t tell the full story.

Rosen was 15-of-27 passing for 180 yards and a touchdown in Sunday’s 20-17 loss to the Seahawks. However, the statistics would have been much better if not for several dropped passes.

Pro Football Focus assesses each player on his own merits, and Rosen received an impressive 87.1 overall grade for his performance against the Seahawks, including an 89.9 passing mark.

According to PFF’s Sam Monson, it was the best starting debut for a rookie quarterback since the site began doling out grades back in 2006.

Rosen finished Week 4 with the sixth-highest graded performance among quarterbacks, behind Jared Goff, Mitchell Trubisky, Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck and Deshaun Watson. His passing grade was third-best behind Goff and Trubisky, who both had monster performances in Week 4.

Rosen made five “big-time throws,” a moniker PFF uses to distinguish particularly noteworthy passes, which tied for an NFL high.

Coach Steve Wilks said Rosen’s insertion into the lineup opened up the Cardinals’ offense, and the numbers backed it up. According to NFL’s NextGenStats, Rosen held the ball for an average of 0.4 seconds longer than Sam Bradford and threw the ball an average of three yards farther down the field.

“I’m so encouraged based off of what I saw (Sunday),” Wilks said. “I think you guys saw the potential of pushing the ball down the field, which we haven’t had in the first three weeks of the season. We’ve got to finish now. Those guys are wide open. They’ve got to make those catches.”

And then they ended up with the worst record in the league. I'm not buying any sort of argument that he was "ruined" after one game and that none of the rest of his performances were his fault.

And then they ended up with the worst record in the league. I'm not buying any sort of argument that he was "ruined" after one game and that none of the rest of his performances were his fault.
I just refuted your previous contention, but good, you stick to your narrative if it makes you sleep better at night. At this point, you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine that yours is not objective.

I just refuted your previous contention, but good, you stick to your narrative if it makes you sleep better at night. At this point, you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine that yours is not objective.
Last season's not his fault. This season won't be his fault, and on, and on... until he's either on someone's bench as a backup or out of the league. If we're talking objectivity, all I have to do is point to his record last year. You're the one making it subjective by giving a bunch of reasons why it was his team's fault for his failures.

Back
Top Bottom