If we were tanking shouldn't we start Rosen? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we were tanking shouldn't we start Rosen?

Last season's not his fault. This season won't be his fault, and on, and on... until he's either on someone's bench as a backup or out of the league. If we're talking objectivity, all I have to do is point to his record last year. You're the one making it subjective by giving a bunch of reasons why it was his team's fault for his failures.
Are you one of the ones rationalizing Tua's poor performances against top 30Ds last season? If so, you really have no traction in the Rosen argument.

Are you one of the ones rationalizing Tua's poor performances against top 30Ds last season? If so, you really have no traction in the Rosen argument.
Rosen started for 13 games. Care to let me know what the sample size was for Tua against Top 30 defenses BEFORE he played them?

Rosen started for 13 games. Care to let me know what the sample size was for Tua against Top 30 defenses BEFORE he played them?
And with the crap Rosen had to depend on, he went 3-10, only 1 game worse than Darnold's 4-9, so there's that too. And you have officially lost your credible objectivity, so please move along

And with the crap Rosen had to depend on, he went 3-10, only 1 game worse than Darnold's 4-9, so there's that too. And you have officially lost your credible objectivity, so please move along

If we are being objective, the Rosen led cardinals ended up with the worst record in football. He was then fired by that team. He is now backing up a 38 year old that has never been to the playoffs. That's the Josh Rosen story so far. Don't think I want to be hitched to that wagon.

But make all the excuses you want about why he isn't starting. Guess we are gonna protect him until 2020. His third season in the league.

tank
/taNGk/

INFORMAL•US
fail completely, especially at great financial cost.

Yeah, totally not doing that...
Where is this "great financial cost" beings we're pissing away the season on purpose?

Do you really want a guy who doesn't know the offense well, standing in front of this OL? He is having issues identifying the Mike (of all things) and likely ran a package of plays in the PS that he knew. He does not have a majority of the playbook memorized. Needs more time.

He is far superior to RF, physically but he I believe we will get a look at him once he shows the ability to read the field, pick up blitzes, audible, etc. Just turned 22 years old and probably needs to forget everything he was taught last year as well.

Do you really want a guy who doesn't know the offense well, standing in front of this OL? He is having issues identifying the Mike (of all things) and likely ran a package of plays in the PS that he knew. He does not have a majority of the playbook memorized. Needs more time.

He is far superior to RF, physically but he I believe we will get a look at him once he shows the ability to read the field, pick up blitzes, audible, etc. Just turned 22 years old and probably needs to forget everything he was taught last year as well.

So a slow learner is what you are saying. Great.

If we are being objective, the Rosen led cardinals ended up with the worst record in football. He was then fired by that team. He is now backing up a 38 year old that has never been to the playoffs. That's the Josh Rosen story so far. Don't think I want to be hitched to that wagon.

But make all the excuses you want about why he isn't starting. Guess we are gonna protect him until 2020. His third season in the league.
Actually, if "we" are being objective, Rosen was "fired" by a front office who have had 2 suspensions for DUIs, hired Wilkes, stood by while he named to ineffective OCs, one with no experience, and hired a HC with a fabulous "system" was fired cuz he couldn't even win in one of the less competitive offensive conferences, even with Mahomes, was lucky to get an OC job until the bozos in the AZ FO stumbled by. And that coach who couldn't win in his conference? had stars in his eyes over a small supposedly transcendent QB who is as likely to be broken in half as to succeed.

I for one would happy to escape past those gates of hell decision makers.

Actually, if "we" are being objective, Rosen was "fired" by a front office who have had 2 suspensions for DUIs, hired Wilkes, stood by while he named to ineffective OCs, one with no experience, and hired a HC with a fabulous "system" was fired cuz he couldn't even win in one of the less competitive offensive conferences, even with Mahomes, was lucky to get an OC job until the bozos in the AZ FO stumbled by. And that coach who couldn't win in his conference? had stars in his eyes over a small supposedly transcendent QB who is as likely to be broken in half as to succeed.

I for one would happy to escape past those gates of hell decision makers.

You are going after a front office that drafted Rosen in the top ten. Not the angle you should take. So they are that crazy to take Rosen with a top ten pick? Id agree there. He was subsequently traded for basically a 3rd rounder 12 months later.

Of course Rosen should be starting.

When you suck, you play the kids.

Classic case of Miami gonna out think the league. #fail

You are going after a front office that drafted Rosen in the top ten. Not the angle you should take. So they are that crazy to take Rosen with a top ten pick? Id agree there. He was subsequently traded for basically a 3rd rounder 12 months later.
even a broken clock is right 2x a day! I can show you pre draft articles where the thought was Rosen would go in the top 5.

tank
/taNGk/

INFORMAL•US
fail completely, especially at great financial cost.

Yeah, totally not doing that...

You only half-a**ed explained the definition of both words.

Tanking
The word tanking, in terms of sport, would be used to describe a bad performance

Tanking is the act of giving up a match or "throwing it away", losing intentionally or not competing.

re·build
/rēˈbild/
verb

1. build (something) again after it has been damaged or destroyed.
    "we try to help them rebuild their lives"
    /ˈrēˌbild/

The Dolphins don't or didn't need to tank, They are a damaged product that needs to be rebuilt.

This rebuild will go down as the most complete rebuild from the ground up of any NFL Franchise since the merger.and will be
great product for many years to come if and when it's done correctly.

Back
Top Bottom