If we were tanking shouldn't we start Rosen? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we were tanking shouldn't we start Rosen?

Doesn't add up to me.If we were tanking this season shouldn't you start Rosen.Not the vet.

Because the offensive line is scary bad and you don't put him in there against Baltimore. This is smart coaching. Let the line gel (as much as possible) and start him only when his chances of being sacked six times in a game are down to about three to four times a game. This will be a painful 16 losses to watch my friend.

even a broken clock is right 2x a day! I can show you pre draft articles where the thought was Rosen would go in the top 5.

I dont care where he was gonna go. I just saw his true market price after a year in the league. It was in the late second round behind strong QB prospects Daniel Jones, Haskins, and Drew Lock. hes a marginal starter/backup based on market value.

As long as it ends up in the same place....A rose by any other name,is still a ________!

Troy Aikmen had an insightful comment. He mentioned they're probably waiting for after the bye week. The first 4 games of the season, we play some incredibly good front 7's.

Let's feed Fitz to the wolves these first few weeks and then get Rosen his reps after we get through the rough part of our schedule and give our Oline time to gel a bit.

So every member on the team by now must have this memo.

"You guys have the 2019 season off."

"Just go through the motions and act like you're trying"

Oh and don't forget "free blunts and Top Shelf liquor at halftime"

:pbj:

Rosen will get plenty of starts this year and all the opportunity to establish himself as the Alpha over the year. Patience.

Are you one of the ones rationalizing Tua's poor performances against top 30Ds last season? If so, you really have no traction in the Rosen argument.
I haven't hidden my feelings on Rosen. I didn't like him at all coming out of college. I thought he was terrible at Arizona. I thought Grier was drunk for trading for him, and then I knew he'd get beat out by Fitzpatrick because I think he's just bad.

It didn't matter whether he gets the first start or not. I already know he'll play because at some point Fitzpatrick is going to get himself benched from throwing too many interceptions like always.

The offensive line is going to be used as an excuse for his poor play by most fans and then the offseason comes and nobody thinks he's been properly evaluated and then we draft a QB 1st overall anyway.
You're wasting your time. I wasted a bit of mine before the above post as well.

Based on comments from Jim Mora Jr,some of Josh's coaches last year,and..well,I think our coaches know Rosen well enough...
Rosen reads defenses like Dexter Manley reads a book.
I'm thinking unless Fitz gets crippled,we will not see Rosen much...We have him for two years,so a decision will need to be made on him next year.
As it stands now,Rosen probably holds 2nd or 3rd round value...if we play him so everyone can see..well,good luck getting that fifth rd pick.
How many times have the Pats,gotten over other teams by trading their backup QB to them?
Remember the Patriot Way..

Based on comments from Jim Mora Jr,some of Josh's coaches last year,and..well,I think our coaches know Rosen well enough...
I'm thinking unless Fitz gets crippled,we will not see Rosen much...We have him for two years,so a decision will need to be made on him next year.
As it stands now,Rosen probably holds 2nd or 3rd round value...if we play him so everyone can see..well,good luck getting that fifth rd pick.
How many times have the Pats,gotten over other teams by trading their backup QB to them?
I love that commentary coming from coaches that never asked him to identify the Mike.

Let's just see what the future holds. I'd wager Rosen's ability to read a defense won't resemble Mr. Manley's literacy by the end of this season.

I love that commentary coming from coaches that never asked him to identify the Mike.

Let's just see what the future holds. I'd wager Rosen's ability to read a defense won't resemble Mr. Manley's literacy by the end of this season.
He'll be on his third team when he does it..

..And both probably more closely than how Nick Saban reads "The Book Of Integrity & Ethics" :)

Mora on Rosen:
In an interview Sunday with Sports Illustrated, Mora stood by his opinion that Darnold is a better fit for the Browns. He added that he believes Rosen "is the No. 1 quarterback in the draft" and a "franchise-changer," but said that the team that drafts him will need to challenge him.

"He needs to be challenged intellectually so he doesn't get bored. He's a millennial. He wants to know why. Millennials, once they know why, they're good. Josh has a lot of interests in life. If you can hold his concentration level and focus only on football for a few years, he will set the world on fire. He has so much ability, and he's a really good kid," Mora told Sports Illustrated.

Back
Top Bottom