If we won the Superbowl.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we won the Superbowl....

Lol, superbowl!!! Why in the hell are we talking about a superbowl!

We could put together an "all star" team of the players that have played for us this century and we'd still would not win the super bowl this year.

I feel like half the loudmouths on this forum would think it's a failed season because "we wont get Tua!"

I want the Fins to win every game they play, and im not sure you're a fan if you actively want them to lose every game just to marginally increase the odds on a dice roll.
tenor.gif

Do you every notice which teams consistently make the playoffs? Ever notice they consistently have a high level QB. Ever notice how teams acquire most of those talents? Hint- not free agency. I guess your ok with where this team is at right now and think we can win right now. I won't multiple super bowls and I want consistently winning. You have to look past the present to see the bigger picture. Apparently that's difficult for some to do. We aren't building a dynasty around Fitzpatrick. Rosen clearly isn't that good. Recent top draft pick QBs have been more successful in recent years so yeah our odds are much better than drafting a QB mid-late 1st round.

Last edited:
If Miami wins the Super Bowl, this is crazy talk!

Don't think that going 0-16 and getting 1st overall pick will magically make
tenor.gif

Do you every notice which teams consistently make the playoffs? Ever notice they consistently have a high level QB. Ever notice how teams acquire most of those talents? Hint- not free agency. I guess your ok with where this team is at right now and think we can win right now. I won't multiple super bowls and I want consistently winning. You have to look past the present to see the bigger picture. Apparently that's difficult for some to do. We aren't building a dynasty around Fitzpatrick. Rosen clearly isn't that good. Recent top draft pick QBs have been more successful in recent years so yeah our odds are much better than drafting a QB mid-late 1st round.
Odds are marginally higher....but not v guaranteed. Of last years playoff QBs, who were top 3 picks in first round? Goff, Luck, Rivers, Trubisky.... The other 8 QBs were either mid-late 1st rounders or 2nd-7th round picks. I'm not advocating we look for undrafted gem QBs, but maybe the juice of picking a QB 1st overall is not worth the squeeze

Lol, superbowl!!! Why in the hell are we talking about a superbowl!
The IQ on the some folks. :lol::lol:
We could put together an "all star" team of the players that have played for us this century and we'd still would not win the super bowl this year.
If Miami wins the Super Bowl, this is crazy talk!
All of you totally missed the point of this thread. Totally.
tenor.gif

It is safe to assume that you would be the ones @Burt Macklin was talking about.
I feel like half the loudmouths on this forum would think it's a failed season because "we wont get Tua!"

All of you totally missed the point of this thread. Totally.
tenor.gif

It is safe to assume that you would be the ones @Burt Macklin was talking about.
If that many people are missing the point the confusion lies in the ability to make the point.

And I didn't miss his point, I received it as complaining about posters which I chose not to engage in that aspect of the discussion.

And you are flat out wrong in your safe assumption toward me. I would gladly choose the Super Bowl.

But again referring to Miami winning the SB this year is crazy talk and I chose to respond to that aspect of the post.

I want the Fins to win every game they play, and im not sure you're a fan if you actively want them to lose every game just to marginally increase the odds on a dice roll.

They are a 'fan' of something...

but it isn't actually the sport of football

watching football games,

or the Miami Dolphins team.

They're fans of the helmet logo and uniform,

kinda like stockholders in Dolphins 'respectability' & popularity.

It's like they want to invest but only if the prices are high,

which is exactly the wrong time to be doing any investing BTW... ;)

A18BF07B-3A51-450A-8631-5A92D3F9AECA.jpeg

I am constantly flummoxed by some fans inablity to understand that sometimes you have to take your lumps i order to progress.

IF you can't see that 2-14 is better for the franchise LONG TERM than going 7-9 then I don't think I can help you.

Yes, it will suck to sit through but the short term pain will be worth it.

Think of it like going to the dentist. An hour of unpleasantness to avoid years of pain.

I don't know, Dan Marino with a Defence and Running game is leth...Oh wait, this century? Never mind.

I am constantly flummoxed by some fans inablity to understand that sometimes you have to take your lumps i order to progress.

IF you can't see that 2-14 is better for the franchise LONG TERM than going 7-9 then I don't think I can help you.

Yes, it will suck to sit through but the short term pain will be worth it.

Think of it like going to the dentist. An hour of unpleasantness to avoid years of pain.

Its not guaranteed to be better in the long run and if you cant see how going a respectable 7-9 with THIS particular roster and the bevy of picks we have before us is the better option then I dont think I can help you. It means an inexperienced, depleted roster and rookie head coach stepped up in a major way.

You act like drafting higher is a lock for a good player and vice versa and that we dont have the flexibility to maneuver however we want in this draft.

Back
Top Bottom