If you could have ANY college player right now, who would it be? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you could have ANY college player right now, who would it be?

How can Ted Ginn get several mentions and none for Devon Hester?

Hester is the best open field runner on any level of football, better than Ginn or even Reggie Bush. He runs less upright than Ginn, better cutting ability and doesn't give defenders the long legs to shoot for. Plus he's a demon defensively on special teams as well, blocking a field goal that would have won the game for FSU and then taking a blocked FG back for a TD vs. Florida. I'm admittedly biased in favor of anyone who beat the damn Gators and Noles in the same year.

Not that Hester would be my #1 choice, but I'm amazed everyone has seemingly forgotten how dominant he is. He had a long kickoff return for a TD called back last season, yet still had 4 or 5 TD returns for the season. They weren't even kicking in his direction after the 4th or 5th game.

Hester doesn't have a set position and may not be the brightest bulb. But he made some big plays in the secondary late last season and could be special there this year. I was just baffled Ted Ginn could get so much more ink than him on a Miami-based forum.

Yeah, Reggie Bush is the product of a system. I'd call it the system of superior genetics.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I didn't say he wasn't dominant. However, his game does not translate to the NFL.

Hey, if you want another Warrick Dunn, you draft him. But thank God you aren't the GM of our team.

Bush is 195 pounds. He could not take the beating of the NFL. Let me see, hmm...What's tougher, going against Pac 10 linebackers, or the likes of Zach Thomas, Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, etc...at 195 POUNDS!!!

Bush may be electric, but his game DOES NOT TRANSLATE TO THE NFL.

...and you calling my knowledge "ignorant" to ANY college player is like calling the Pope "ignorant" to the Catholic Religion. Not trying to toot my own horn, but I study these guys year in and year out.

Bush will be a change of pace back in the NFL when he gets drafted.

Again ... :roflmao: no offense.

He's a RB/WR/PR/KR. Bush would principally be a WR - and would only play some RB.

He's far more versatile than Dunn. You obviously haven't seen him play. He plays a lot of slot WR or straight WR and is certainly much more than a RB.

Your thinking too restrictively.

MARINO1384 said:
I don't know about Reggie Bush because he's was inly a Freshman and i would want to wait to see what he does atleast next year before i would take him

Actually, Bush was a sophomore. It was his second year as a star.

Adrian Peterson no iffs ands or doubts about it. He's that young and that dominant! His body and skills will only get stronger.

Without a doubt it would be Peterson on offense and on defense.. Ernie Sims, LB from FSU, this kid is going to be a monster when it's time for him to go pro.. I personally think he's already there and ready.

Gotta go with Chris Leak. He looks like one of the best QB prospects i've seen in years. I'f we dont take a QB this year, id love to see Leak go after his Junior season and us TRADE THE HOUSE to get him. :D

DolphinDevil28 said:
Reggie Bush????

Are you kidding? Everyone on here talks about "product of the system," my Lord, you can't get any more POS than that.

ANY college player right now, you ask? I'll give you a few. (people that are NOT in THIS year's draft.)

1. Adrian Peterson
2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
3. Matt Leinart
4. JaMarcus Russell
5. Orien Harris

Ha ha what?
You seriously don't think Reggie Bush is a good football player?
"Product of the system" doesn't apply to a player like Reggie Bush.
Granted he may be a "Brian Westbrook" type back in the NFL on paper, but to call him a product of a system is honestly insane. He has been absolutely dominant against top level competition in college football, and it is based on pure talent, not the type of offense he happens to play in. Matt Leinart called him the best player in college football, and aside from Adrian Peterson, I'd tend to agree with that.

merlin00069 said:
Gotta go with Chris Leak. He looks like one of the best QB prospects i've seen in years. I'f we dont take a QB this year, id love to see Leak go after his Junior season and us TRADE THE HOUSE to get him. :D

Im just tired of having loser QB rejects from other teams. I mean the Jets aren;t even starting Fiedler and we started him for what 4-5 years? Gimme a break. Feeley will suck too and everyone will keep preaching to give him a chance but you know in your heart that he sucks.

If you love the Dolphins you do not want Feeley leading us - he just can't do it. :shakeno:

phinz_fan said:
Im just tired of having loser QB rejects from other teams. I mean the Jets aren;t even starting Fiedler and we started him for what 4-5 years? Gimme a break. Feeley will suck too and everyone will keep preaching to give him a chance but you know in your heart that he sucks.

If you love the Dolphins you do not want Feeley leading us - he just can't do it. :shakeno:

Who said anything about Feeley?

Back
Top Bottom