If you could have ANY college player right now, who would it be? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you could have ANY college player right now, who would it be?

Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin Hester Devin

What about Calvin Johnson out of Georgia Tech ? i don't get to see a whole ton of college ball living north of the border but it seemed like every weekend this guy was making highlight plays. 6'4 225 WR, kid was a red shirt this yeat and looks like he could be the real deal.

Ernie Sims (OLB) FSU

This kid is the next great LB in the NFL. Every tackle he makes he seems to explode whoever has the ball.

Ernie Sims Jr. - Absolutely agree with the above posters, he explodes thru his victim er ballcarrier. The kid is lightsout.

Philter25 said:
D'Brickshaw hands down. Every other position we can get good substitues in.

Even though i'm a Buckeye homer and think ted ginn jr is amazing we sure could use that left tackle. Without that blocking and protection we aren't going anywhere. I think everyone will know Ginns name after this season. The first time i saw him play last year he was running around and it looked like everyone else was just standing still. Jim tressel anounced that he thinks we have a legit chance at a national championship this year which is very unusual for him to say something like that. stay tune... :cooldude:

Awsi Dooger said:
Hester is the best open field runner on any level of football, better than Ginn or even Reggie Bush. He runs less upright than Ginn, better cutting ability and doesn't give defenders the long legs to shoot for. Plus he's a demon defensively on special teams as well, blocking a field goal that would have won the game for FSU and then taking a blocked FG back for a TD vs. Florida. I'm admittedly biased in favor of anyone who beat the damn Gators and Noles in the same year.

Not that Hester would be my #1 choice, but I'm amazed everyone has seemingly forgotten how dominant he is. He had a long kickoff return for a TD called back last season, yet still had 4 or 5 TD returns for the season. They weren't even kicking in his direction after the 4th or 5th game.

Hester doesn't have a set position and may not be the brightest bulb. But he made some big plays in the secondary late last season and could be special there this year. I was just baffled Ted Ginn could get so much more ink than him on a Miami-based forum.

Yeah, Reggie Bush is the product of a system. I'd call it the system of superior genetics.

Have you seen this kid play (Ted Ginn Jr.) watch him this year. I never heard of the kid till last year. I tuned into one game last year and he was running around on a busted play and it looked like everyone else was in slow motion. I was just amazed. You will see alot of him this year. This kid has rare talent like reggie bush.

Leinart, because of our QB situ. He really is a great QB.

In terms of players that I'd really want to see, Ted Ginn Jr and Reggie Bush would be awesome.

finz99 said:
I know...but why did you have to jump all over me because im 16? Does it really matter? I've seen plenty of football to be able to analyze players also...dont just think I'm stupid because I'm 16.

No one is calling you stupid. Your football kowledge comes with experience. Listen to your elders grasshopper thru them you will gain valuable life experience. Your opinion is welcome just keep an open mind at all times. :tongue:

finz99 said:
I know...but why did you have to jump all over me because im 16? Does it really matter? I've seen plenty of football to be able to analyze players also...dont just think I'm stupid because I'm 16.
dude, if you've got the balls to go and abuse others, you've got to be able to take a bit of stick. You are 16, and that makes you a youngster on this board, as am I. It also makes you an easy target.

My advice: suck it up, the majority of criticism you'll receive will be constructive. BTW, this is a message board where people voice their opinions, if we all thought the same then it would be boring round here. You are going to agree and disagree with others, and they'll do the same with you.

I agree with what your saying about Jarrett, he is a great prospect, and also Reggie Bush.

I agree, Ted Ginn is a fantastic talent

HelloMotto said:
Have you seen this kid play (Ted Ginn Jr.) watch him this year. I never heard of the kid till last year. I tuned into one game last year and he was running around on a busted play and it looked like everyone else was in slow motion. I was just amazed. You will see alot of him this year. This kid has rare talent like reggie bush.

I was simply miffed Devin Hester and Ginn have many of the same qualities yet Ginn had 3 or 4 mentions here to none for Hester. On a Miami board that was whacko. Ask the same question on an Ohio forum and I'll understand. Now it's evened up somewhat here.

I think Hester is a superior open field runner to Ginn or anyone else in football, including Reggie Bush or Dante Hall. I attended the Louisiana Tech game last year in which he brought back two punts for TDs after it looked like both of them should be fair catches. He has the explosive first step, surreal speed, great vision and can make as many weaves or cuts as necessary until it's 6 points. The Canes have had phenomenal special teams players over the years/decades but Hester is the most lethal I've seen.

marcus vick? are you serious? He cant throw the ball at all, hes a rb who trys to be a qb and is good at neither.
The first game of the season next year he will have 8 sacks against....and the guy doing it,...mario williams

Back
Top Bottom