"If you don't report, you're sitting out baby. We're not playing you.'' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"If you don't report, you're sitting out baby. We're not playing you.''

IluvJuMiami

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
[mod] Please do not post entire articles - just a link and a paragraph. [/mod]

It's a day late so I'm surprised to not have seen it posted. I checked twice but perhaps I overlooked it. If so, sorry.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/55254.html

DOLPHINS

Owner Huizenga patiently awaits improvements on offense

Among the other subjects the Dolphins' chief tackled are getting draft picks signed, Joey Porter's arrest and the revamped front office.

BY ARMANDO SALGUERO

asalguero@MiamiHerald.com

PHOENIX --

Wayne Huizenga, the Dolphins' owner and No. 1 fan, isn't feeling anxious his team hasn't really improved on offense yet this offseason.

And, echoing sentiments from throughout the organization, rejects the idea the Dolphins are rebuilding in 2007.

You think he's serious this time- about sitting guys who haven't signed?

hes right offense better be addressed in the draft or we're sittin home watchin the playoffs without our team in it

hes right offense better be addressed in the draft or we're sittin home watchin the playoffs without our team in it

I haven't a doubt in my mind that this draft will be about 80% offense. But if I'm wrong, you're definitely right - no playoffs.

As rational fans though, playoffs shouldn't be on our radar. Even if we were to draft 100% offense come April, we still have to hit on the picks.

It's not going to be easy. But I've got faith. How bout chu?

Seriously w/ 4 first day picks, I wouldn't mind all 4 to be offense. We are in a prime position to draft Defense on Day 2, so they can sit behind these veterans and learn. Day 1 we need impact players, and they need to be on offense. Whether its a guy like Ginn, or a OT like Levi, or even a TE like Olsen or Miller . . . or a future QB like Stanton or Quinn . . . we need impact players on the offensive side of the ball. This team has a championship defense, we just need an offense that is able to capitalize on it. That has always been the problem, and with Cam as head coach it hopefully puts the team in a different direction . . . hopefully its not to late.

Seriously w/ 4 first day picks, I wouldn't mind all 4 to be offense. We are in a prime position to draft Defense on Day 2, so they can sit behind these veterans and learn. Day 1 we need impact players, and they need to be on offense. Whether its a guy like Ginn, or a OT like Levi, or even a TE like Olsen or Miller . . . or a future QB like Stanton or Quinn . . . we need impact players on the offensive side of the ball. This team has a championship defense, we just need an offense that is able to capitalize on it. That has always been the problem, and with Cam as head coach it hopefully puts the team in a different direction . . . hopefully its not to late.

I'm wit chu Kdawg. I would LOVE for our first 4 picks to be on offense.

Our defense is good to go. IMO we are just one shut down CB away from being the best "D" in the NFL. I said it. Better than Baltimore and better than da Bears.

So if Macho Cam Randy Savage can get this thing right come April, we will be fine. Just keep the faith brotha. That's all we can do.

good article bro... I liked it...but... will he actually "do" it? It would be nice to see someone take a stand but lordy would we all be crying if our first pick sat out. "He" would re-enter the draft... would we get any compensation I wonder...

and who the hell one starred you ??

good article bro... I liked it...but... will he actually "do" it? It would be nice to see someone take a stand but lordy would we all be crying if our first pick sat out. "He" would re-enter the draft... would we get any compensation I wonder...

and who the hell one starred you ??

Stars shmars.

The subject makes me nervous myself. On one hand I'd like Wayne to take a stand, but yeah bro, on the other hand, I'd definitely be crying if we drafted the likes of Ted Ginn JR, Greg Olsen, or Joe Staley in a trade down and then made them sit because they failed to sign before TC.

And I don't mean crying like whinning- I mean like "there's no crying in baseball", all out, chick crying. :boohoo:

Our luck has been too abysmal to finally get the guy we want/need and have to sit him.

I'm wit chu Kdawg. I would LOVE for our first 4 picks to be on offense.

Our defense is good to go. IMO we are just one shut down CB away from being the best "D" in the NFL. I said it. Better than Baltimore and better than da Bears.

So if Macho Cam Randy Savage can get this thing right come April, we will be fine. Just keep the faith brotha. That's all we can do.

Thats why you shouldn't be surprised when the Dolphins select a corner in the first round....the Dolphins corners are bad...to say the least.

i love wayne, he just tells it how it is and doesn't mess around...

I got fustrated with the guy in the HC search. Jim Mora? What da hell was goin on there?

And though he hurt me by selling away that Florida Marlins championship team which probably would have repeated, my first love has always been the Dolphins and he takes good care of us.

Yeah I'll believe those words when I see it happen. Wayne said the same thing last year and yet Jason Allen missed a lot of work by holding out. Threats are mere words. Wayne needs to follow through with his words instead of talking big.

Thats why you shouldn't be surprised when the Dolphins select a corner in the first round....the Dolphins corners are bad...to say the least.

So you think we're going to draft another 5'11 CB that runs in the 4.4s? We have one already.

I could see a 2nd or 3rd round CB but Mueller not only has to make an impact with the first pick in the draft he has to make a statement.

I'd be willing to bet all my phin dollars that our first pick in this year's draft will be on offense.

I got fustrated with the guy in the HC search. Jim Mora? What da hell was goin on there?

And though he hurt me by selling away that Florida Marlins championship team which probably would have repeated, my first love has always been the Dolphins and he takes good care of us.

Didn't he claim to have lost 30 million that season? Unbelieveable!! I went to 4 playoff games including game 7 (my only WS game) and I mean the tickets were expensive, the parking was expensive, the food was expensive . . . the merchandise was expensive . . . and he was doing this sellin out Dolphins Stadium (70,000+) every game in the playoffs. Merchandis flying off the shelves . . . I don't get it, there was no way he could have lost that season . . . maybe he did, but he messed me up for a minute by selling of the team like that.

With that being said, he has ALWAYS taken care of the Dolphins, and is one of the better owners in the league.

Yeah I'll believe those words when I see it happen. Wayne said the same thing last year and yet Jason Allen missed a lot of work by holding out. Threats are mere words. Wayne needs to follow through with his words instead of talking big.

I guess I have to agree with you given the history. He did fold on last year's promise though I doubt he'd actually make himself look foolish two years straight.

If anything, he's probably put additional pressure on himself and on the front office. Wayne wants to win as much as we do and winning means getting the guy signed and in camp.

They aren't bad, they just aren't elite. I like the analogy of us saying we have "3 #2 CB's on this team" . . . I agree, I believe that Will Allen, Goodman and Travis Daniels could all compliment a #1 CB in this league rather well. Honestly, I think Goodman might step up this season and take that role. I'm not as high at drafting a CB in this draft, let alone the first round as others. I think with the addition of Joey Porter, our pass rush will be much more effective and we wont have our CB's on an island as long as we did last year. Honestly, I think all 3 of the big CB's in the draft this year are good, but I have doubts on all 3 . . . I dunno, I rather stick with what we got and address other needs this year. Next year we could focus on LB and CB in the draft, this year is offense.

Back
Top Bottom