if you think we'll suck, think again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if you think we'll suck, think again

dne spins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
here's a big F U to everyone in the football nation that is laughing at the dolphins and now thinks we are a 4-12 team now. look at the 2000 and 2001 seasons when we were 11-5 and made the playoffs.

-no ricky williams
-no david boston
-no jr seau
-no sammy knight
-no adewale ogunleye
-no chris chambers (2000)
-no randy mcmichael
-no 1000 yard rusher (2001)
-no WR had more than 60 receptions
-our TEs avg 1 catch a game
-we threw 35 tds and 36 ints

i'll be the first to agree that the loss of boston sucks and absolutely cripples what we could have been as an offense. however, it only brings us back to the pack. it doesn't make us a bottom feeder. as for ricky, we were a better team without him. the results don't lie. 11-5 and back to back playoff appearances without him, 9-7 and 10-6 and no playoffs with him.

it may not be obvious to some right now, but aj feeley is an upgrade from jay fiedler. and aj will only get better as he becomes more comfortable with the offense.

we all know how bad the o line was last season, and anyone with any football brains can see that when mcintosh gets back and in football shape, probably around week 6, our line is going to be 100 times better than it was last year. wade smith will be better. st claire has had an awesome camp, and jeno james is a stud. carey will only get better and seth isn't as bad as ruddy.

the defense is as hungry as ever, and with young guys like moore, bua and poole pressing for opportunity the veterans are going to step it up. yeah, even you toast (sam madison last season). there is also great competition at FS which should elevate that position as well. i'm not saying we're going to be an 11-5 team this year or even make the playoffs. but we're not going to be 4-12 or 5-11 and in the cellar of the afc east. we haven't had a losing season in 15 years and this year will no be any diffrent. i think we're 8-8 at worst.

dne spins said:
here's a big F U to everyone in the football nation that is laughing at the dolphins and now thinks we are a 4-12 team now. look at the 2000 and 2001 seasons when we were 11-5 and made the playoffs.

-no ricky williams
-no david boston
-no jr seau
-no sammy knight
-no adewale ogunleye
-no chris chambers (2000)
-no randy mcmichael
-no 1000 yard rusher (2001)
-no WR had more than 60 receptions
-our TEs avg 1 catch a game
-we threw 35 tds and 36 ints

i'll be the first to agree that the loss of boston sucks and absolutely cripples what we could have been as an offense. however, it only brings us back to the pack. it doesn't make us a bottom feeder. as for ricky, we were a better team without him. the results don't lie. 11-5 and back to back playoff appearances without him, 9-7 and 10-6 and no playoffs with him.

it may not be obvious to some right now, but aj feeley is an upgrade from jay fiedler. and aj will only get better as he becomes more comfortable with the offense.

we all know how bad the o line was last season, and anyone with any football brains can see that when mcintosh gets back and in football shape, probably around week 6, our line is going to be 100 times better than it was last year. wade smith will be better. st claire has had an awesome camp, and jeno james is a stud. carey will only get better and seth isn't as bad as ruddy.

the defense is as hungry as ever, and with young guys like moore, bua and poole pressing for opportunity the veterans are going to step it up. yeah, even you toast (sam madison last season). there is also great competition at FS which should elevate that position as well. i'm not saying we're going to be an 11-5 team this year or even make the playoffs. but we're not going to be 4-12 or 5-11 and in the cellar of the afc east. we haven't had a losing season in 15 years and this year will no be any diffrent. i think we're 8-8 at worst.
I dont disagree but the thing is, I want a super bowl, and It will now be extremly tough

we made the playoffs then true, but only because the AFC was much weaker then it is now, the AFC is now the powerhouse of the NFL. With that same team we had in 2000 we would not make it anymore the AFC has improved way to much

Hell, you can go all the way back to 1996, when Jimmy Johnson turned over more than half the roster and the team lost key players like Troy Vincent, Bryan Cox, and Irving Fryar. The worst they got was 8-8, and that was with Jimmy building a young defense with a limited offense.

:roflmao:

First, they aren't a better team without Williams. You can't just take away an elite player at a key position like RB, not replace him, and claim that you're a better team.

Second, this is a different league than it was in 2000 and 2001. The Jets, Bills, and Pats have all gotten stronger.

Now onto the O-Line. You claim that McIntosh's return around week 6 will make the OL 100% better. That's a nice idea, but rarely do players come back from injuries and immediately perform at full strength. St. Claire may be having a great camp, but that doesn't erase all those years in St. Louis in which he was less than mediocre.

Why should anyone believe AJ Feely is an upgrade? because you say he is? Feely has shown nothing, and until he does QB will continue to be a problem for the Fins.

You can't expect to compete in the AFC East with holes at QB, RB, one starting WR, and 3rd WR. The defense should be very good, but the Fins will still miss Ogunleye. Like with Williams, you can't just take away the AFC sack leader and expect to be improved.

Dolphin fan of 27 years here but dude reality check, no Ricky to burn other teams, double Chambers and we will need alot of luck to have anything close to a decent offense. If we could get another WR like Keenan Mcardell that would be awsome, he is very unhappy in Tampa and can still play at a high level

Phinatic said:
we made the playoffs then true, but only because the AFC was much weaker then it is now, the AFC is now the powerhouse of the NFL. With that same team we had in 2000 we would not make it anymore the AFC has improved way to much

That's a crap excuse that has no factual basis behind it. The AFC won the superbowl in both of those seasons, so I guess based on that excuse, it can easily be surmised that the NFL as a whole was down.

Again, it's crap, and is a rationalization.

NYJ said:
:roflmao:

First, they aren't a better team without Williams. You can't just take away an elite player at a key position like RB, not replace him, and claim that you're a better team.
when dave wannstedt is your coach, you sure can. now we are forced to do more things on offense than turn and hand it to #34 for 3 yards.

I still think we have a good team, just we need to get another WR though.

dne spins said:
when dave wannstedt is your coach, you sure can. now we are forced to do more things on offense than turn and hand it to #34 for 3 yards.

3.5 yards! Get it right!:tongue:

I couldn't agree more. AJ Is a definate upgrade. He is the future of the fins. RW is the past. Time to move on and look ahead

dne spins said:
That's all well and good, but they don't have a starting caliber QB to do those things and now don't have a good recieving corps.

NYJ said:
That's all well and good, but they don't have a starting caliber QB to do those things and now don't have a good recieving corps.
AJ Feeley is a starting caliber qb. See's how much you know about football. ;)

finzfan4life said:
that's why he couldn't even take Detmer's job, right? Hell even after he went 3-1 to finish that season he still couldnt beat out Koy for the #2 spot the next year.

finzfan4life said:
No, he isn't. He had all of training camp last season to beat out Koy Detmer for the backup job.

Feely would be a fine backup on a lot of teams, but he is not a starter.

Back
Top Bottom