if you think we'll suck, think again | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

if you think we'll suck, think again

I'm not happy with where we are at WR right now. Chambers and Thompson both did not play in Houston today. We really need a quality guy and I say need meaning I would trade if necessary. It was a big blow losing Boston after Ricky. Now the FO needs to fill the hole at WR. It should be an interesting week.

I know you Bills and Jets fans are excited. I would be too if I were one of you and had a chance to play for a wild card since things look bad for Miami at this point. Believe it or not I will be cheering for the Bills and Jets when they play the Pats. But I know your teams will disapoint me.

Tater Salad said:
I'm a Dolphins fan just like the majority of you, and I think this is hilarious. First, Wannstedt stays. The worst coach in football stays around for another year. I don't care if the record was 15-1 or 10-6, they did not make the playoffs. With as talented as a team that was on the field for Miami last year, a squirrel could have coached them to a playoff berth. Just like politics, being conservative is stupid. Big mistake.
Second, letting Marino come back as a "GM" position. He was brought in solely because of who he was in this organization, and had no experience. He may have been the best QB in NFL history, but he should not have been in the front office right now working with the coach that pushed him out of football. Big mistake.
Third, signing David "Please come and operate on my knee" Boston. A big, steroidal crybaby. Big mistake.
Fourth, trading for AJ Feeley. Didn't this team already have 2 mediocre QB's before releasing another "name" for the Dolphins-Brian Griese. Feeley: An unproven QB who has had what, 4 career starts? I doubt he will be worth the top 40 pick the Eagles will recieve for him. Big mistake.
Fifth, Ricky Williams. I won't even get started on the "I'd rather smoke weed in Jamiaca than do something for millions of dollars." Psycho-enough said.

One post I read said "we had all these crappy guys in 2000 on offense and still made the playoffs."

It's called getting older. Get used to it because it is going to happen to you too. In that 2000 season, these players were at these ages in their lives:

Zach Thomas: 27
Jason Taylor: 26
Sam Madison: 26
Pat Surtain: 24
Tim Bowens: 27

Now, 4 years later, it looks like this (I'll do the math seeing as some of you might be a little slow)

Zach Thomas: 31
Jason Taylor: 30
Sam Madison: 30
Pat Surtain: 28
Tim Bowens: 31

They're not getting any younger folks. With as mediocre as an offense this team is going to provide, you really think by week 10 they are going to be ready to go out there for the 8th time in the first half after another 3 and out? Give me a break. The defense will suffer from exhaustion by the end of the season, so don't expect the "December swoon" to stop this year.

You can be a fan if you want, but please, be realistic. Fantasy-land was 2 stops earlier on the train, before you had the intelligence to figure out not be a fan of this terrible, terrible, organization.

ahh .... finally a fin-fan with a level head on his shoulders ...

dne spins said:
when dave wannstedt is your coach, you sure can. now we are forced to do more things on offense than turn and hand it to #34 for 3 yards.
Im getting so tired of this argument. Of course we will be forced to pass more without Ricky, but that is not to our advantage, its to our opponents'. Without Ricky they wont NEED to put 8 in the box. They will be able to stop minor and morris with 7, leaving a full secondary to defend the pass. Plus, dont forget we are without an established QB or our #2 receiver. Heck, our opponents may leave 8 in the box anyway...not because they need that to stop the run, but because 3 defenders in the secondary will probably be sufficient to stop our passing game. (thats all that was needed last year and now it appears our passing game will be about the same as last year)

fin13 said:
The jets and the bills went 6-10 last year with their team intact and now they come here mouthing off.
It ain't over till the fat lady sings, we have the best defence in the division and look what the pats did with no names.
You can also say we have better coaching.
Team intact? The Jets lost Chad Pennington, Wayne Chrebet, John abraham, Donnie Abraham, and Jon mcgraw for a large portion of last season.

NYJ said:
Team intact? The Jets lost Chad Pennington, Wayne Chrebet, John abraham, Donnie Abraham, and Jon mcgraw for a large portion of last season.
No worries, at this rate... we will excede that list of injuries and STILL be better than 6-10. :tongue:

FSUDolphin said:
The whole feely thing was talked about in excess once we acuired aj.. in regards to your question about the nfc game, since feely was listed as the 3rd qb he couldnt come in cause when mcnabb was ready to come back in if feely had gone in than mcnabb couldnt come back in.. There is some rule that pertains to all this and someother people will be able to explain better..

Anyd reid stated that if mcnab was out for an extended period of time AJ feely would become the starter...

Until I see a link for the phantom Reid quote or a link to the "holder rule", I still call .

They knew McNabb was out for the rest of the NFC Championship. Yet Detmer stayed. :hmmm:

OH who friggin really cares about what position AJ held in Philly????

He is doing awesome here, and he will be an upgrade over what we had with Fiedler and Griese!!

DolphinDevil28 said:
OH who friggin really cares about what position AJ held in Philly????

He is doing awesome here, and he will be an upgrade over what we had with Fiedler and Griese!!
Sorry but i just want to see the proof.

:evil:

Back
Top Bottom