If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best with their best players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best with their best players

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I see some of you are happy that Hernandez is gone to the big house, Gronk is injured and that WR from Cleveland is suspended.

We made the playoffs when Brady was injured and we all know what happened when we played that 1st playoff game against the Ravens.. We provided no real competition and the Ravens had 5 takeaways and 4 Ints in that game. We were not a playoff team and we got lucky because Brady was injured. Now, we might play a few teams with injuries and players suspended, we will not know for sure how good of a team we have unless we play teams with their best players on the field. I really don't want to suffer another playoff humiliation like the Ravens loss and I want the dolphins to compete with the best to see what we are good at and what we will need to improve on.

Some team has to win our division, which team would you prefer? As for me, I prefer the Dolphins win the AFC East, regardless of the state of the other teams. Their state is not our problem.

Two things about that ravens game. First I think if Ted ginn doesn't fumble that reverse its a different game.

Second as much as I loved Pennington that game was an indictment on his lack of arm strength. I remember one of Ed reeds ints it was a simple quick pass that you need to gun in there with velocity, chad put so much air under it that it seemed reed had all day to get over and pick off the pass.

It all comes down to qb if tannehill develops into a great qb we will be in a position to make the playoffs and compete for division titles for years to come.

It's not our fault that the Patriots have injuries and that Hernandez is going to jail. All they can do is line up and play whoever is on the other side of the football.

NE will still win the division as long as Brady is healthy.

All the rest of the division can do is beat what the pats put out there but unfortunately they never seem to take a step back as long as the man who rescued their franchise is still under C.

I don't give a darn if Robert Kraft has to play tight end I am sick of going 7-9!

I kind of agree with the OP, but beating the Patriots in whatever shape they're in seems to be a challenge for us. So, let's at least try and accomplish that and we can take confidence from it for hopefully a tilt at the postseason.

Injuries happen - if the Pats don't have the depth that's their problem and our relief. Even with Brady this team won't be nearly as explosive as previous years.

I don't care if the whole pats team gets mono and that's why we win. Although unless Brady and belichek were in on the murder no reason to think they fall apart

Let's wait until Hernandez gets out.

And our sched was a cake walk in 08', if we make the playoffs this year regardless of how poorly the Patsies play, WE EARNED IT.

not our fault Hernandez may have killed a guy plus he is not a member of the Pats anymore anyways, and honestly Gronk will be on the field for one of our games if not both

as for the the playoff scenario, we have 4 games in a row against solid teams 3 that made the playoffs last year one being the Superbowl champions ( INDY, Falcons, Saints, Ravens)

so we will have more then enough games to prove if we are good enough

NE will still win the division as long as Brady is healthy.

All the rest of the division can do is beat what the pats put out there but unfortunately they never seem to take a step back as long as the man who rescued their franchise is still under C.

In other news, your team should do great this year. Sanchez seems to be working really hard to improve.

Business as usual for Brady.He will do what he does best...and thatll be plugging in replacement parts,and making his car run smooth as silk(or at least keep it running).Like Manning,Brady "MAKES RECEIVERS"!!! Not the other way around.I fully expect,at the very least,for Tommy Boy/'Pats to make the playoffs.I'll be very surprised if they don't!!!

I see some of you are happy that Hernandez is gone to the big house, Gronk is injured and that WR from Cleveland is suspended.

We made the playoffs when Brady was injured and we all know what happened when we played that 1st playoff game against the Ravens.. We provided no real competition and the Ravens had 5 takeaways and 4 Ints in that game. We were not a playoff team and we got lucky because Brady was injured. Now, we might play a few teams with injuries and players suspended, we will not know for sure how good of a team we have unless we play teams with their best players on the field. I really don't want to suffer another playoff humiliation like the Ravens loss and I want the dolphins to compete with the best to see what we are good at and what we will need to improve on.

Who cares that the Pats made poor coaching decisions!

Sounds like you may be making excuses that if we beat the Pats this year,the Gronk injury and Hernadez Murder case are the reason why.

Hernadez nor Gronk will not be the reason we win the Division nor lose it.How we play will be the reason why we win or lose it.

Coaching is a decision making process,that starts with the drafting of a player.If you choose and rely on a high risk player and an undisclosed injury(Gronk)it falls on the decisions of the organization or failure there of.

Back
Top Bottom