Ill stick up for Wanny. Why not? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ill stick up for Wanny. Why not?

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
OK. Wanny is not Don Shula. But then again no one is.

His drafts have not been an A+, but Wanny is responsible for Chambers, Ricky, McMichael, Donald Lee(tremendous upside), Todd Wade, not to mention he has helped build the D.

He added Seau, T. Buck(give props this guy has made some big plays this year), Sammy K., and J. Zgonia(thankfully with T. Bowens out some this year).

He even brought in the QB everyone wanted in Griese(OK not everyone wanted him, but he was the best available).

Mark Dixon did not pan out and that has made a huge difference to this line. D. Thompson was supposed to be good and he did not pan out. Fletcher did win the Thorpe award in college so at the time that seemed smart but then again hindsight is 20/20.

Next years draft will give us a chance to make some more improvements. We actually have a 1st rounder.

I just think firing Wanny would only make the team take a step backwards. The D is strong and all we need is a solid O line and another WR. Thats a lot less than some teams.

A new coach will not solve all your problems. JJ didn't after Shula and Lombardi is dead so face reality.

When a multimillion dollar player makes a mistake it is not the coach's fault.

I believe Wanny can get the job done.

If not this year maybe next.

I believe he can too. Everyone blames him for our losses when he is not to blame half of the time. Noone can ever blame Surtain, or Thomas or JT or Randy, or CC. Always Jay and Wanny who get all the heat.

i can live with just firing fiedler and upgrading the o-line next year.....and our playcalling issue must be addressed...regardless if we have to get rid of norv turner

Firing Jay Fiedler why? Because he fumbles when Randy doesn't make a block? Get out of here.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Get out of here.

He has his own opinion, like you have yours and I have mine. He didn't mention anything about Fiedler's fumbles.

Firing Jay Fiedler why? Because he fumbles when Randy doesn't make a block? Get out of here.

I'm not even going to address the Fiedler comment...

Prime Time you lash out at anything that isn't a rosy review of anyone on the Dolphins team. It's funny but I do have a question for you.
Now I think we can all agree that this Fins team is not one of the elite teams in the league right now. EVERY team has weaknesses even the ones that have been playing at a high level consistently and have fantastic records.
So if even the best teams in the league right now have weaknesses and we are NOT one of those teams currently.....
Obviously we have some pretty glaring weaknesses correct?

You have absolved the coaching staff from any of the blame and we all know you are one of the ones that allow none of the blame onto Jay Fiedler's shoulders......

So coaching and QB isn't a problem at all........ out of curiosity, what areas that you feel are valid weaknesses on this team or do you just feel that there aren't any weaknesses to talk of and this team just has bad luck???

Originally posted by Trekbiz

So coaching and QB isn't a problem at all........ out of curiosity, what areas that you feel are valid weaknesses on this team or do you just feel that there aren't any weaknesses to talk of and this team just has bad luck???

Taylor and Ogunleye are much weaker points than Fiedler and Wanny, of course. But we are not aloud to discuss anything negative, only the positives.

"A new coach will not solve all your problems. JJ didn't after Shula and Lombardi is dead so face reality."

Let's not forget about Gruden taking a Buc team that defense-minded Dungy couldn't do squat with in the postseason, added a couple of receivers in McCardell and Jerivicious, and won a SB in his first year there.

Maybe my hate has been longer running than some of you, but the fact is that he never improved a team that he has come to. He never makes a team much worse, nor does he ever seem to make it better. He's not the catalyst our boys need...:mrt:

I am with you. Dave W has done his best, who could have
known it would turn out this way. With the limited cap
room Miami had the money just wasn't there to sign top
round draft picks or freeagents. Plus with the Running Game
they had last year who could have know?

None of us would have forseen the running game would
drop off this much. Yes a WR was needed but they did sign
Thompson whom Norv liked, so go figure.

I say Dave should get another Year at least! Hey it could be
alot worse.

Did anyone else watch that last game?? Was it not painfully obvious that Dave and the O-Coord. Turner have learned absolutely NOTHING since last years final game vs. NE?? Rather then do everything to run the legs off or Ricky, then run the back up RB Minor, then the third string RB Henry, then the FB Konrad, then the backup FB Femi., they resorted to the same thing that cost Miami the division title last year!!

Dave is not the guy. He is not the guy to take the Dolphins to the Super Bowl. He is not it. I will rejoice the day that he is fired or quits. And for Gods sake Dave, take that stupid Old Spice cap with you.

aw come on. Are you telling me that you think Jay is a great qb? he was serviceable at best and we should upgrade if we get the chance. He is tough and smart but does make a fair number of mistakes (picks), cant throw deep etc. The deep ball is a key for this team. Any way we can back the safeties out of the box will help ricky.

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
OK. Wanny is not Don Shula. But then again no one is.

His drafts have not been an A+, but Wanny is responsible for Chambers, Ricky, McMichael, Donald Lee(tremendous upside), Todd Wade, not to mention he has helped build the D.

He added Seau, T. Buck(give props this guy has made some big plays this year), Sammy K., and J. Zgonia(thankfully with T. Bowens out some this year).

He even brought in the QB everyone wanted in Griese(OK not everyone wanted him, but he was the best available).

Mark Dixon did not pan out and that has made a huge difference to this line. D. Thompson was supposed to be good and he did not pan out. Fletcher did win the Thorpe award in college so at the time that seemed smart but then again hindsight is 20/20.

Next years draft will give us a chance to make some more improvements. We actually have a 1st rounder.

I just think firing Wanny would only make the team take a step backwards. The D is strong and all we need is a solid O line and another WR. Thats a lot less than some teams.

A new coach will not solve all your problems. JJ didn't after Shula and Lombardi is dead so face reality.

When a multimillion dollar player makes a mistake it is not the coach's fault.

I believe Wanny can get the job done.

If not this year maybe next.

Let's hypothetically assume we win our last 3 games which is very possible.

Then a coach would be put on the hot seat with a 4-year record of: 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 11-5.

Snyder just gave Spurrier a vote of confidence/....after 2 losing seasons.

I wonder why nobody cried to get Shula fired...the opposite happened. Whe Shula left in 1995 people were blasting Wayne H for running Shula out of town forgetting that we haven't done anything for the previous 14 years.

Sure there are things that I like to see Wannstedt do much better but is he the only one at fault?

Jay and Dave are being scapegoated. We do not have the talent across the board to excempt anybody else from blame on that team.

Back
Top Bottom