Ill stick up for Wanny. Why not? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ill stick up for Wanny. Why not?

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Because we have crap for an offensive line.

That's not the only reason. That's just one part of the problem...

You can't tell me teams like Arizona, Houston, Oakland, San Diego, and Jacksonville have more talent on the OL then we do.

Even though I don't think any of those teams have a better OL than we do, they are all ranked higher on offense than we are.

Still think it's just the OL???.....

It's the OL, the playcalling, coaching, and the lack of proper execution....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
You can't tell me teams like Arizona, Houston, Oakland, San Diego, and Jacksonville have more talent on the OL then we do.

Even though I don't think any of those teams have a better OL than we do, they are all ranked higher on offense than we are.

Still think it's just the OL???.....

As far as why our offense is sputtering, I truly think the OL play far outweighs any other factor. The line is what gives (our should give) Ricky room to run. The line is what gives (our should give) the quarterback time to pass. The line is what gives (our should give) the receivers time to run their patterns.

The rest of the offense is not without fault, but WannSpiel had a horrendous swing and a miss in the offseason with Wayne Gandy, an acquisition I think could have made the whole picture rosier.

As for why Arizona, Houston, Oakland, SD and Jacksonville have higher offensive rankings, my first reaction is that their opponents can, by and large, go into a prevent defense after the first quarter. The teams you named are a combined 18-47. Offensive rankings aside, is that really what you want to strive for?

OK, let's say that all of our problems on offense this season are a direct result of how poorly our OL has played thus far....

If that's the case, what happened last year when our OL helped Ricky break 1800???....Where did that OL go???...

The same players are still here, and the the youngsters have another year under their belts. TW has had another off-season to condition these guys and get them playing as a unit. What happened during this off-season that made our OL go from a highly underrated group{1800}, to a highly overrated one{swiss cheese}???....

Did just a couple of injuries set us back so far this season that we'd have to be climbing out of a hole as far down as the stoneage???....

The depth along our OL was a huge questionmark last year. Dave and Rick had all off-season long to fix the problem, but once they missed out on LT W. Gandy, they gave up. They talked about bringing in a verteran LT like R. Webb to partially fill the hole, but never pulled the trigger.....Why???

You asked a question and answered it in the same post. To wit:

OK, let's say that all of our problems on offense this season are a direct result of how poorly our OL has played thus far....

If that's the case, what happened last year when our OL helped Ricky break 1800???....Where did that OL go???...

Did just a couple of injuries set us back so far this season that we'd have to be climbing out of a hole as far down as the stoneage???....

Well, yes ... which shouldn't be a surprise, because as you say:

The depth along our OL was a huge questionmark last year. Dave and Rick had all off-season long to fix the problem, but once they missed out on LT W. Gandy, they gave up.

Not arguing that WannSpiel blew it big time on the OL.

Dont' worry after we beat the Eagles on Monday Night, Blitz will be singing a different tune. Blitz it's okay to be frustrated but you are taking it over board buddy. Looking for every negative possibble is not a good thing. Look the D played it's heart out. Our offense just cost us the game. We still have time to regroup and re-focus. And trust me we will not have another game this year with win chill factors in the negative zeros. I personnally think the PATS guy a lucky break with the weather. I give em credit and all, but I promise you if it was a clear day the outcome would have been different..

I absolutely LOVE this defense!!!

I can talk positives all day when it comes to that side of the ball.

It's the offense, and the way it plays so sporadically every week that makes me want to jump off the tallest building in downtown Ft. Lauderdale...:lol:

:jk:

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
Dont' worry after we beat the Eagles on Monday Night, Blitz will be singing a different tune. Blitz it's okay to be frustrated but you are taking it over board buddy. Looking for every negative possibble is not a good thing. Look the D played it's heart out. Our offense just cost us the game. We still have time to regroup and re-focus. And trust me we will not have another game this year with win chill factors in the negative zeros. I personnally think the PATS guy a lucky break with the weather. I give em credit and all, but I promise you if it was a clear day the outcome would have been different..

I agree. That game was absolutely ridiculous. To be honest, I wish we would have jumped divisions. Yeah, I like the old rivalries, but new ones wouldn't be bad either. If our team wouldn't have to go to Buffalo and New England EVERY
F@!@##IN year in December, things would be different. This team just doesn't perform well in freezing weather. Move us to a southern division so scheduling doesn't screw us EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!! These early vs. late divisional games should rotate yearly. If anything, our front part of schedule should be on the road since we share a stadium with the Marlins.

Originally posted by Chi-townPhinfan
Maybe my hate has been longer running than some of you, but the fact is that he never improved a team that he has come to. He never makes a team much worse, nor does he ever seem to make it better. He's not the catalyst our boys need...:mrt:

He made the Dolphins better than JJ's teams, so your argument doesn't wash....

I absolutely LOVE this defense!!!

I can talk positives all day when it comes to that side of the ball.

It's the offense, and the way it plays so sporadically every week that makes me want to jump off the tallest building in downtown Ft. Lauderdale...:lol:

:jk:

Well quoting David Lee Roth in 1984
"Jump, Go ahead and Jump" :D :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom