Illini | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Illini

MikeO said:
Don't leave the state of NY? It's over 5 hours away. Look at a map.

Syracuse is closer to Philly, Cleveland, and Toronto than it is to NYC. So if SU scheduled Temple or Ohio St (Columbus, near Cleveland) that would be more difficult than going to NYC even though its a shorter trip?

Look, having this debate now is stupid. The season just started. Come March we can conclude this discussion. Right now we are going in circles.

Let's call a TRUCE and continue this debate once we draw near Tourney time. That is when one of us will be proven correct and the other to be proven a fool.

Deal.........

I can't call a truce on the ACC/Big East debate b/c there really is no debate. The ACC is better BUT I do believe is SU is a big time team and are legit FF contenders. The great thing is unlike CFb we crown a Champion on the court so this will be settled in March/April. We can end the debate for now but let's not end the CBB talk.

iceblizzard69 said:
I live in NYC and went up to Syracuse last month. It's not exactly a short trip. And I saw Syracuse beat up on a **** team when I was up there. I don't think they are the best team in the country, but they are definitely a major contender to go to the Final Four this year.

I know it's not close to here BUt it isn't exactly a cross country trip. Carolina played 3 games on a neutral court in Hawaii then played a road game at Indiana. SU has yet to play in a hostile environment. It didn't hurt them 2 years go when they had a creampuff sched and won it all and it shouldn't hurt them this year but as a fan you want to see the big time programs play tougher scheds. I love Carolina playing UK, IU, UConn in addtion to the rough ACC sched.

All I know is that UNC's heralded freshman class from a few years ago is underachieving big time, while Duke's class has been to a final 4 and a sweet 16!

nyjunc said:
I know it's not close to here BUt it isn't exactly a cross country trip. Carolina played 3 games on a neutral court in Hawaii then played a road game at Indiana. SU has yet to play in a hostile environment. It didn't hurt them 2 years go when they had a creampuff sched and won it all and it shouldn't hurt them this year but as a fan you want to see the big time programs play tougher scheds. I love Carolina playing UK, IU, UConn in addtion to the rough ACC sched.
2 years ago they played Missouri. At Mich St. And Georgia Tech out of conference just to name a few.

Let's get the facts straight. And that was also the year the BIG 12 was hyped as so great. Two #1 seeds and a #2 seed in the tourney, SU beat them all. In fact that was the year SU in one season beat Missouri, Oklahoma St, Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas. DEFACTO BIG 12 CHAMPS!

iceblizzard69 said:
The ACC right now is a stronger conference than the Big East. I would go with the Big East based on last year, but the additions of Miami and VT made the ACC the better conference in football.

Both conferences are strong in basketball, but I would give the edge to the ACC there too.
No doubt the ACC is stronger in football. NO idiot will debate that.

In basektball though, when you add L'ville, Cincy, Depaul, and Marquett to the Big East. Then throw in bottom feeders like Miami, VT, and BC in the ACC.......the Big East is clearly better in basketball TOP to BOTTOM.

Even this year without those teams yet in, you will still see the Big East be on par if not better than the ACC.

Time will tell who is right...........let the games play out!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
All I know is that UNC's heralded freshman class from a few years ago is underachieving big time, while Duke's class has been to a final 4 and a sweet 16!

Are you kidding me? Duke's class was called the best class since the Fab 5 and Randolph stinks, Thompson is gone, Redick is the most overrated player in the Country, Dokcery is average at best and Williams is good when he can stay out of foul trouble. The heralded Carolina trio came in after an 8-20 season and would have been a Tourney team as freshman if May had not gotten hurt then had a coaching change and lost alot of close games last year but still beat Wake, Tech, UConn, Illinois and others and got back to the Tourney and now are a favorite to be a FF team while duke's heralded class will be lucky to be a sweet 16 team.

2 years ago they played Missouri. At Mich St. And Georgia Tech out of conference just to name a few.

Ga tech was rebuilding and wasn't good, I'm sure Boeheim wouldn't schedule them now so 1 tough game at MSu isn't a tough sched.

Let's get the facts straight. And that was also the year the BIG 12 was hyped as so great. Two #1 seeds and a #2 seed in the tourney, SU beat them all. In fact that was the year SU in one season beat Missouri, Oklahoma St, Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas. DEFACTO BIG 12 CHAMPS!

They beat KU, OU, OSU and UT in the NCAA tourney so that does not count as a tough sched. I didn't say they didn't earn the title, I said they played a crampuff non-conf sched and they always do. I said it didn't hurt them in '02-'03 and it probably won't hurt them this year but that i'd like to see the big time teams play other big time teams from other confs more.

In basektball though, when you add L'ville, Cincy, Depaul, and Marquett to the Big East. Then throw in bottom feeders like Miami, VT, and BC in the ACC.......the Big East is clearly better in basketball TOP to BOTTOM.

First off we are debating the conferences THIS year. Secondly even next year and beyond the ACC will be better in most years. Yeah there will be years where the ACC is down or the BE or another conf is just better in a given year but in most years the ACC will be better. the ONLY nbig team you are adding is Louisville and Louisville has done NOTHING since Denny Crum left, they have been a good reg season team and failed in the Tourney. Marquette is good evry 5 years or so, Cincy is on their way down w/ Thuggins and they always go out by rd 2 every year anyway and South Florida? Come on, they are worse than VT or Miami. Oh by the way, Miami beat Florida at Florida over the weekend and Florida was ranked #19. Let'ss ee your bottom feeders do something like that.

Even this year without those teams yet in, you will still see the Big East be on par if not better than the ACC.

When will you back up your arguments? The ACC has 7 ranked teams w/ FIVE in the top 10 in the Coaches poll. You keep telling me how the BE is better but never back anything up. The BE is nowhere near the ACC this year- not even in the discussion for best conf.

Say what you want and make excuses it if u want, if this Carilona class doesn't at the very least get to a final 4, it will be the most dissappointing freshman class in NCAA history (arguably)!

7 ranked teams........its Dec 7th. PRESEASON POLLS are WORTHLESS!

Wasn't Alabama preseason #1 a couple years ago and only won like 16 games or something. Who cares about preseason polls. You are basing your whole argument on a PRESEASON poll. Which had WF #1, and they already lost. Had UNC in the Top 10, they lost to SANTA CLARA! Preseason polls are worthless.

You can't back up your argument!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Say what you want and make excuses it if u want, if this Carilona class doesn't at the very least get to a final 4, it will be the most dissappointing freshman class in NCAA history (arguably)!

Will it be disappoiting? Yeah it will but regradless what happened this is the class that helpd bring back real Carolina basketball. If the duke class w/ redick, Williams and Randolph doesn't win it all then that will go down as the biggest disappointment b/c they were hyped as the best class since the Fab 5 and alot of "experts" had them rated HIGHER. I'm not worried though b/c I am extremely confident in this current Heels team to make a run to SL. As of right now the 4 best teams are Illinois, Tech, SU and UNC.

ranked teams........its Dec 7th. PRESEASON POLLS are WORTHLESS!

Wasn't Alabama preseason #1 a couple years ago and only won like 16 games or something. Who cares about preseason polls. You are basing your whole argument on a PRESEASON poll. Which had WF #1, and they already lost. Had UNC in the Top 10, they lost to SANTA CLARA! Preseason polls are worthless.

You can't back up your argument!

At worst we will have 6 ranked teams at the end of the year while at best the BE will have 4. The ACC is bar none the best conf in the Country, the BE isn't even #2 as the SEC or Big 12 is probably better but there is no argument who is the best.

I cannot agree with u man. If UNC's class does not make at the very least a final 4 it will be more dissappointing then Duke's class who already went to one. Plus, you can say what you want, but Carilona's class was more herelded!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I cannot agree with u man. If UNC's class does not make at the very least a final 4 it will be more dissappointing then Duke's class who already went to one. Plus, you can say what you want, but Carilona's class was more herelded!

Carolina's class SHOULD have been more heralded but it was not, duke may have made a FF but it wasn't b/c of the guys in that class(besides Williams). JJ did nothing in the Tourney, Randolph did little as well, Thompson had transfered and Dockery was insignificant so while they made a FF that class did not lead duke to a FF. Again it will be a disappointment if we don't make the FF this year but entering the program when it was at it's lowest and bringing it back to real Carolina basketball still makes it a success.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Down goes Cuse, Down goes Cuse!

Duke's going undefeated this year!

Duke will most likely go undefeated in their creampuff OOC sched. I made fun of SU's sched but at least they played a couple of good teams. There's a reason carolina has lost a game and duke hasn't and UNC is ranked ahead of duke in both polls.

To the SU fans: There's no shame in losing to Ok State, it's not like you were going undefeated. By the way, I see former Tar Heel recruit JamesOn Curry had a good game. It's a shame he made a mistake by selling marijuana or else the Heels would be even deeper.

It's awfully quiet in here, a whole day has passed and no word from the SU and BE lovers :confused:

Back
Top Bottom